Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

3 Hook-based Survivor Perks

Saint_Ukraine
Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942
edited November 2018 in Creations

3 Hook-based Survivor Perks

So I noticed how, in most cases, a face camp basically means game over for the hooked survivor, so I thought up a few perks that might counter this. They don't seem OP in my opinion, but I'd like to know what other people think.

Determined

Your determination to live gives you strength.
When entering the Struggle Phase, the given time to struggle is increased by 15 seconds.
When you lose a chase, lose only 40/30/20 % of your chase points.

"I know I'll make it out of here! I've just got to!"

Grit

You'll let nothing get to you. Not pain, nor fright.
When unhooking a survivor, strikes from the killer do not interrupt you. (Does not prevent grabs).
The penalty of failed skill checks is reduced by 30/40/50 %.

"There's no need to panic. If you keep a cool head like me, you might make it out alive."

Reckless

Your eagerness to help others makes you reckless.
Your unhooking speed is increased by 9 %.
When rescuing a survivor from a hook, the hook will break. The rescuing survivor suffers from the Exhaustion effect for 60/50/40 seconds. Reckless cannot be activated while suffering from the Exhaustion effect. Reckless does not break Basement hooks.

"They're not gonna be happy when they see this mess!"

Be sure to tell me what you think of my ideas. Do they have a bit too much going on? Are certain things unnecessary? I'd love to receive some feedback on this, as well as (maybe) some ideas to tweak these perks.

Post edited by Saint_Ukraine on

Comments

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Determined seems fine, but wouldnt be worth taking over even slippery meat, since the most effective perks affect first hooks.   I would like a perk that gives you an extra escape attempt with higher chances on 2nd or even 3rd hook.

Uninterrupted unhooking sounds like a major pain to deal with, since it matters most when exit gates are open and everyone is attempting endgame saves.  Would be nice to see a skill check counterpart to the quiet gen one, failed checks on healing/sabotaging etc dont give audio/visual queues.

Any perk that allows you to troll a fellow survivor is going to get abused, just like diversion.  Would be better if hemorrhage was applied to the rescuer.

Great ideas imo

• Saint_Ukraine
    edited November 2018

@Terrortot said:
    Determined seems fine, but wouldnt be worth taking over even slippery meat, since the most effective perks affect first hooks.   I would like a perk that gives you an extra escape attempt with higher chances on 2nd or even 3rd hook.

Uninterrupted unhooking sounds like a major pain to deal with, since it matters most when exit gates are open and everyone is attempting endgame saves.  Would be nice to see a skill check counterpart to the quiet gen one, failed checks on healing/sabotaging etc dont give audio/visual queues.

Any perk that allows you to troll a fellow survivor is going to get abused, just like diversion.  Would be better if hemorrhage was applied to the rescuer.

Great ideas imo

Thanks for the feedback! Instead of inflicting Hemmorhage on the hooked survivor, do you think it ought to inflict Exhaustion onto the rescuer?

Post edited by Saint_Ukraine on
  • FoggyDownpour
    FoggyDownpour Member Posts: 288
    I really like Reckless, but I also feel like the hooked survivor shouldn't take any negative effects. I don't have any ideas yet on what to add, but I'll think about it and come back :3
  • AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
    edited November 2018

@Saint_Ukraine

The Reckless perk sounds really fun and there is not perk that tackles that subject yet.
    Making it so that in cases of camping, the survivors Could sabotage nearby hooks and then go for the save with Reckless really adds to the theme of this "organised and planned save".

PERK
    When rescuing a survivor from a hook, the hook will break and you suffer from exhaustion for 60/50/40 seconds.

You basically nailed it. Love the idea. Upvoted.

• Saint_Ukraine
    edited November 2018

@Saint_Ukraine

The Reckless perk sounds really fun and there is not perk that tackles that subject yet.
    Making it so that in cases of camping, the survivors Could sabotage nearby hooks and then go for the save with Reckless really adds to the theme of this "organised and planned save".

PERK
    When rescuing a survivor from a hook, the hook will break and you suffer from exhaustion for 60/50/40 seconds.

You basically nailed it. Love the idea. Upvoted.

Thanks for the feedback, and the perk description idea. If Reckless were put into the game, I think it'd definitely mix things up. Hangman's Trick may become a more popular pick for killers. As of right now, it is kind of useless and situational.
  • Saint_Ukraine

I CALLED IT!!

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301

@Saint_Ukraine said:
    I CALLED IT!!

Congrats xD they made it within a week of time too.

• Saint_Ukraine

@AlwaysInAGoodShape said:

@Saint_Ukraine said:
    I CALLED IT!!

Congrats xD they made it within a week of time too.

Yeah, it's cool that I had a pretty similar idea to the devs'. I like that they made it reveal the aura of the killer. It sucks when you get unhooked and stupidly run into the killer because you don't know where they are.