Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Medkit + Instaheal doesn't invalidate DS?

PlaysByShady
PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590

Not sure if this is a bug, or whether I was against a hacker?

The survivor had been rescued off hook, and took to hide behind a rock. As I approached (with Nurses), I saw them healing, went around and gave chase. They were down about 3 seconds later.

And then I get hit with DS... weird, they were healing??

So I continue chase... and several seconds later, they were now fully healed right in front of me.

They did come into the game with a medkit + instaheal + DS, but I can't work out how they managed to get this all to work? They showed up on Nurses, that should have invalidated the DS. And the down/pick-up (for me to be hit with the DS) should have invalidated the instaheal?

Not sure if it's a bug, or a hacker masking what they were doing, etc.

They DC'd right after I downed them again.

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• crystalkitti
    crystalkitti Member Posts: 385
    edited March 2022

If they healed, it should disable DS.

It's not the bug where somebody wiggles free, the Killer picks somebody else up, and then they get free, because you gave chase and hit them, which eludes the bug.

If you hit/downed/picked them up, then the syringe should've stopped working, iirc. To quote: "The effect is cancelled if the affected Survivor changes their Health State or is picked up by the Killer." (link)

So, my guess is hacking. :/

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,761

Yeah since you downed them that should've negated the syringe since they changed health state, unless they popped their instaheal after using DS, but then that doesn't explain how they still had DS up in the first place since they were healing beforehand. Yet it also seems weird that a hacker would DC after being downed the second time since they probably could've just instahealed again if they wanted to. But unless I'm missing something I don't see how else this is possible without cheating.

Just to make sure, after downing them you didn't pick up any other survivor first before picking them up did you? Because that could've led to the known bug going around where they wiggle off for free. Because unless that was the case, then my gut says this was just a hacker trying to use a syringe to cover up cheats + they might've not realized until the game was over that you knew they were healing because you were running nurses so they thought they could get away with a decisive strike that they shouldn't have been able to use.

• PlaysByShady
    PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590

It's not the bug where somebody wiggles free, the Killer picks somebody else up, and then they get free, because you gave chase and hit them, which eludes the bug.

Also, I had the DS notification and the Obsession changed, which is why I was insistent on giving chase to them because I had the challenge to kill obsessions... which I didn't get because they dc'd

unless they popped their instaheal after using DS, but then that doesn't explain how they still had DS up in the first place since they were healing beforehand.

Exactly. Unfortunately I wasn't recording at the time and couldn't remember if they still had the medkit in hand after the DS, but I do know that (a) they were 100% healing beforehand because I saw them healing via nurses calling which is why I went to them (and literally had the though "you're advertising no ds!", and (b) they didn't stop running at any point to apply the instaheal. They just kept running and instahealed as they were running away.

Yet it also seems weird that a hacker would DC after being downed the second time since they probably could've just instahealed again if they wanted to.

Maybe they didn't want to make it obvious and be reported?

Just to make sure, after downing them you didn't pick up any other survivor first before picking them up did you? Because that could've led to the known bug going around where they wiggle off for free.

Nope, just them. They were all alone out in the open behind a rock on the side. And I presumed they were safe to pick up because of the healing.

my gut says this was just a hacker trying to use a syringe to cover up cheats + they might've not realized until the game was over that you knew they were healing because you were running nurses so they thought they could get away with a decisive strike that they shouldn't have been able to use.

I'm leaning to that. But I'm also open to the possibility that maybe - just maybe - there is a bug in DBD (unheard of, really?) whereby when you apply the instaheal, it doesn't invalidate the DS and somehow remains active? It's possible, would require a quick confirmation test to rule it out but I have no way to do that.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,036

You sure...? I got this bug a few days ago (as survivor) and despite the killer having hit someone else before picking me up I still got insta-wiggled.

• crystalkitti
    crystalkitti Member Posts: 385

From what I've seen, if the Killer hits somebody else, if will invalidate the bug. So, idk.