We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Any Rin/Spirit mains out there?

Question for every Spirit main out there...

How are you guys performing with The Spirit on High MMR? I think she's easy to counter as a survivor plus iron will act like a nerf to her power? It's fairly popular and one of the top picks in survivor builds.

Do you guys have a hard time against survivors? Do you think she should be compensated more? In my opinion, new add-ons aren't really something I use. I stick to activation add-ons, speed, and sometimes furin for gen grabs.

Also, I'd like to ask if Iron Will should muffle breathing noises? If a survivor has IW I can't hear breathing noise so I have to rely on grass and running sound which isn't consistent, unfortunately.

Comments

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

@TheGannMan we need you.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,874

Well I think my MMR is high for Spirit because I play her a lot. I will say Spirit is still very good at high level, it’s just takes time to get good with her especially after her last nerf.

I will say Iron Will isn’t healthy in its current state and needs to be nerfed to be primarily stealth instead of a chase perk. Running survivors should make sounds even with the perk equipped.

• psionic
    psionic Member Posts: 670

I think we can start accepting the fact that Iron Will won't be fixed. It's pretty much an intended feature survivors to be completely in silence. Behaviour had the opportunity to fix the perk when they changed that sound calculation. It's been years, they know about it. They don't even dare to talk about it. Why they keep the mystery? I honestly don't know. They should at least change the perk description.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

I play Spirit recreationally but as a casual outsider, I'dsay I'm impressed with Spieits performance as well as her fun on both sides.

I feel like she shouldn't be as strong as she is, but she gets results somehow. I thought her nerfs would have made her roughly Sadako tier, not that Sadako is terrible herself.

Not a fan of IW though, for the same reason as Trappers dislike Dead Hard. But its doable....sometimes. I do find myself getting a lot of value out of Dried Xherry Blossom, simply because IW players get too used to their perk. I would gladly give up this addon for an IW change. Until then I'll try and ignore IW gamers or just short burst them

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,284
    edited March 2022

MMR is all relative. Or it should be when matchmaking is working. I played Spirit at a comp level for a while and still play her pretty regularly and do well. Win most games.

Regarding Iron Will, I absolutely think it needs some tweaks. Or it needs a bug fix. It shouldn't muffle *all* breathing while injured. Additionally, it has a pesky habit of masking footsteps at times.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

She’s still better than most killers but that isn’t really saying much as most killers are pretty weak. I wouldn’t call her comp viable anymore. You can win most your games because most survivors are bad but if you get even a decently good group you’re gonna struggle. She lost so much depth and is quite easily loopable now. Also the issues with iron will as others have mentioned.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,456

I am coming back to playing her as uni had me busy, im not doing as good as before but iron will never affected me that much, as I started playing spirit while blasting music, mostly relying on reads.

Now that being said the directional audio is a bouble edged sword since you can use it as sort of a red stain to mindgame survivors and then just use the extended lunge to hit them, altho a good survivor will never get fooled by that, unless you have MDR cuz of the speed, and cherry blossom is something I hate, just give me back my extended passive phasing.