Solo-Que? Becoming more unenjoyable and unplayable?

Options

Today i couldnt survive, escape one out of my 10 games playing solo-que.

I always loved to play survivors solo-que and i was always enjoying playing DBD. I have over 3k hours, mostly playing survivors.

Even this game is survivor sided, today i was not able to survive, escape one single game out of 10 games. Games was mostly about camping, tunneling and in the most of games some survivor just DC, and many survivors just suicide being first hooked. One game i was being tunneled and it was fine since survivors did gens and left. But most of games some survivors just DC being first downed or camped or tunneled....

And of course one game survivor was trying to suicide on first hook, since i unhooked him, he was just following me, bodyblocking and throwing pallets on the map.

Whats ur experience if u guys playing solo-que survivors?

Comments

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

eternal eye roll to most everything solo q rn

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

I have nearly 5k hours and I quit solo queing like over ~2k hours ago. I either play with at least 1 friend, play killer or don't play at all.

Its not even comms that are the issues. I have a few friends that I don't even talk to when I play with and the game is super fun when I play with them. Playing solo is the worst though.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

Let them die if their trying to suicide there's no point in getting them off the hook.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

Been playing solo q 90% for 5+ years; (I swf like 10% of the time)

currently, it feels to be at the worst it’s been.

solo q survivors still being solo q survivors

...many of whom haven’t figured out how to manage Resonance & Dead Man’s Switch, especially when coupled with other Gen slowing perks.

It’s a fun challenge trying to play your best while working around the random teammate’s temperament during each match... but to truly have a decent game, every game, SWF is the alpha option, killer a hard second for mediocre amounts of pleasure, while solo q feels better as a dead last or not at all choice, atm😔

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,814
    Options

I play solo too, it definitely can be rough. Sometimes it feels like the real killers I'm playing against are my team mates.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Getting 0 camping at all, not anything. Been tunnelled out first in 4 of my last 6 though.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

The more you lose the worse your team mates are as survivor.

• shelobster
    shelobster Member Posts: 272
    Options

Yup solo Q is hell right now. I've switched to killer main until something is done about it (which will probablybe never). Devs are so focused on balancing the game around top killers and swf groups that a huge part of the playerbase is left to play extremely unpleasant games over and over again. Thia goes for both average and below killers and solo Q survivors.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,081
    Options

Comes down to matchmaking. Solo is fine when SBMM tries to make a quality match. It unfortunately doesn't do that more often than not. I get a lot of matches that are genuinely unwinnable due to teammates skill relative to the killer.

I'm sure the match looks ok on a spreadsheet, but two of the survivors are too bad to win that game and it feels like there's nothing I can do. It's frustrating. It's a lot better when populations are a bit more balanced. But if I get a long survivor queue, I know I'm probably better off not wasting my time.

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681
    Options

I 99% the gate (first mistake)

Run back in to rescue the slugged guy (second mistake)

Get downed and hooked (third mistake)

For my heroism and all around great attitude, (ugh) I just get one hooked and the 3 of them (2 with BT.. 30 feet from the gate..) form some ######### conga line and t bag me at the gate.. the one i 99'd.

I had the audacity to both save one of them and be on console. The solo q life.

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 410
    Options

What are you talking about, literally minutes ago, I had an amazing solo game. Killer was insanely bad. I ran him around the map for close to five full minutes, I did not even have to use a single pallet (yes, I had a "drop pallets in a chase" challenge active and it didn't go up by even one) ...

... and meanwhile not a single gen pops. In fact as I go down, only one person is on a gen and the other two are randomly walking around the map. After I got hooked, the next person goes down in like 20 seconds and DCs instantly, of the other two one got chased and downed fast then and the last one didn't bother unhooking me ...

Best thing is, I've got crap like that the vast majority of the time as solo survivor. If I had a masochist as a friend I could indeed recommend him this game as the most fun experience ever.

(Btw, I'm not that good at the game despite my 2500 hours that I'd run an actually decent killer around for so long, he was probably super low MMR, because I'm also most likely among the bottom 3% MMR survivors, I've usually got a 6-18 game loss streak because of games like the one above and then I win one and then I lose another dozen again)

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

Wouldn't it be nice to do all of that, and escape to?

Lead dev fails to see that the lower your mmr as survivor the worse your team mates and the less you will escape no matter how good you are.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

If the killer has a brain, survivor is unwinnable. Solo is the most disadvantaged way to play, therefore it makes it unenjoyable.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

If the survivors have brains, killer is "almost" unwinnable. Definitely an uphill battle. No game should be balanced to only work if someone makes a mistake.

• Sluzzy
    Options

The problem there is that it shouldn't require all 4 to play totally perfectly to have a chance to win. Killers can choose to tunnel someone out of the match and then it is unwinnable.

They desperately need to add multiple ways to escape because solo teams can't finish 5 gens. Not with a constant barrage of slowgen perks.

• EvilJoshy
    edited March 2022
    Options

I played a lot of evolve. In that game, if 1 hunter screwed up it was a domino affect. Everyone died. Dbd is not nearly as bad as that. Cooperation is highly encouraged but not mandatory.

• Sluzzy
    Options

Thats why it didn't survive because it was too difficult and unfair. The monster was way too overpowered in that game.

To be honest, playing solo in DBD feels like playing against the Tank (constantly) in L4D and he can't be killed.

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 602
    Options

This is normal. This is how the devs intended solo queue to be. It would have otherwised been changed years ago .. @acharliet

• EvilJoshy
    edited March 2022
    Options

Monsters were op in evolve and it is one of the reasons it died. Killers in dbd are not even close to that kind of power. Solo does suck. No argument there but if you have 4 solos that are average skill, they will likely succeed. If we balance around solo noobs, then the game breaks against actually skilled players. Which is what were dealing with now.

• FrostyEyesSusie
    FrostyEyesSusie Member Posts: 421
    Options

SBMM can't exist in an enviroment where there the number of survivors and killers of equivalent skill isn't the same (which is what happens in reality). You either get ridiculously long queue times while the system waits for people of the needed skill to show up or they create a match they know is going to be unfair quickly by grabbing the first doofus that comes by.

And they only make the problem worse with their survivor bias since it creates even less incentives for people to queue up as killer.