Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Will Huntress' hatchets hitboxes ever be fixed?

Fukse
Fukse Member Posts: 106

Nuff said. Tired of hits 2 meters behind my back

8 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• wreaver
    wreaver Member Posts: 24

xdd

• ProfD
    ProfD Member Posts: 18

i doubt so, it's not just huntress it's the whole game, never seen a game has so many bugs in my life, 99% of the matches I play every day are just exhausting me, they don't even bring fun anymore, not a game to relax either.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,553

No.

A lot of problems are latency related. Not sure this can ever be reworked.

• Fukse

True, i noticed it with a lot of projectiles like Tricksters knives and somewhat slingers shots

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

No, there's nothing to fix.

• Jay_Whyask
    Jay_Whyask Member Posts: 566

For every hatchet that hits you around a corner from down the hall

There's also a hatchet that flies clean through somebody's chest into a wall

20 ping, 60 ping, 100 ping, all no meaning

Huntress's law

(Also applies to knives, vomit, and harpoons)

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

It’s not bugged. The hitboxes are perfectly correct. Latency exists and is unavoidable.

• Fukse

so, no official dev response about the state of projectiles? cool.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,761

They have discussed it before and have tried changing it before but they ended up undoing the change. The following is an explanation from Peanits of BHVR:

TL;DR: There's nothing to fix. Latency exists and can't be eliminated entirely.

• Fukse

"there's nothing to fix" - except survivors hitboxes in regards to hatchet hitboxes, which is what EVERYONE indirectly asking when they're talking about "Fixing huntress hitboxes"? It's as stupid to have hatchet go through the surv model as it is to hit 2 meters behind it. The bs reason "if hitbox did change it would cause all sorts of issues in chase; you would be bumping into everything in the chase" is just an excuse to not make separate hitbox for projectiles or, even better, separate hitbox for running and separate hitbox for running/bumping. And don't tell me they haven't ever thought of that, i'm 99% sure the spaghetti code definitely means it will fk something up really bad. Game is a desperate need of massive code rewriting, and it's been like this since the first DLCs, and every other killer added just means the code rewrite becomes a pipe dream one killer power at a time