Ghost face revealing is broken...

smartemarte
smartemarte Member Posts: 254
edited March 2022 in General Discussions

I love looking straight at ghostface and nothing happens while he fills my exposed meter ....

Comments

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,495

Love how this PTB with ghostface changes doesnt address this at all

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897

Always has been. Makes facing him miserable.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177
    edited March 2022

I can't stand to play against Ghostface for that reason. You both can just stare at each other lovingly in the middle of the field and it won't do anything. But then there are times when you're specifically trying not to look at him cause you're hiding but the screen caught the flow of his robes in the very top left hand corner while you stare at the ground and it'll start to reveal him.

Same with his ability to 99 people and then come back and tag you later. It doesn't feel very stalkery when he is right on top of you chasing you, goes into "stalk" mode to sneakily stalk you like a cunning ninja and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. It sure doesn't feel very sneaky and stalkerish when I can very clearly see him standing there like Ghostface from Scary Movie instead of Ghostface from Scream...

• randonly
    randonly Member Posts: 456

I believe that the mechanics of revealing the killer is client side, and if the internet of those involved is not good, especially the killer's internet, when you start to face him, you don't have time to reveal it. Old bug,

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Don't worry. After next update, you won't be able to reveal him after a staring contest from 2m where he marks you. But, at least, it's gonna be iNteNdEd.

• ownoka
    ownoka Member Posts: 36

Yea, revealing Ghostface is absolutely broken.- at least in some cases. I was staring at him coming directly to me (full view) within 32 meters and he walked all the way to me and downed by in one hit. It all took place in well over 1.5 seconds. I'd say closer to 4 since we were staring at each other on Limpkin Lane in the middle of the street as he simply walked up to me without rush. His add ons were Olden's Address Book and Driver's License.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,335

My least favorite and favorite thing about Ghostie

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 685
    edited June 2022

It works the other way around too though. I've had numerous times where I've fully broken LoS to a revealer as Ghostface, yet almost a second later they somehow manage to pop me out. I just chalk it up to the internet and move on.

<never mind, necro-post>

Post edited by Maelstrom808 on
  • AcelynnBen
    AcelynnBen Member Posts: 1,012

sometimes it works

sometimes it doesn't

the whole revealing mechanic is kinda bugged

• Chewy102
    Chewy102 Member Posts: 613

3 month nekro post guys