The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Kinda disappointed with the new dev update - still no fix to grind

nemeios
nemeios Member Posts: 36
edited March 2022 in General Discussions

Is that hard to fix the grind? as a main killer tired of need A LOT of hours to get the desired perks to be able to play any new killer every time you ignore the grind problem I'm more close to drop the game, this is a serious concern I've seen on a lot of main killer streamers so... will we have a fix to the grind hell this game is SOON?

I want to remark the word soon, its useless if this is planned for 2024.

Comments

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,239

Dont worry,the game will die out by that time,lots of cooler games of the same genre coming out this year.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744

Last time I recall they said it was just reaching prototype faze, meaning it's not even close, to being the final product, they never said soon.

• dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 671

Happened last year(Pun not intended) and the year before that.

My hope for these new games is to be competitive and fun together, not outright kill Dbd. I know a lot of people are unhappy with the game, I also know a lot of people still play and enjoy it too.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited March 2022

They wont reduce the grind. They want you to stay. Forever and ever. If they do something that looks like a reduction im certain there will be something else to cancel it out. Something not in the patch notes.

A prime example of give with one hand and take with the other is destiny 2s launch. There was a limiter that kicked in after playing the game for like an hour. You kill some boss and get say 1000 exp but in actuality you only got 7 exp. Then when people noticed bungie removed it but also tripled the amount of exp needed to lvl up.

• nemeios
    nemeios Member Posts: 36
    edited March 2022

then there is no reason to keep playing killer, the game lacks killer most hours (at least on european servers), I don't care that much about balance but at least give me the chance to play the killer I want without playing 4000 hours (or maybe more) to grind every perk (and I'm not saying anything about prestige)

the fun of the game is changing the perks, trying meme builds etc not grinding for 8k hours

I play survivor too and its quite better because I have a lot of lvl 40 characters and one main with every perk unlocked, and thats fine to feel I'm not losing anything

but killers? I have 4 full build on almost 1k hours thats no sense, and I don't have the time I had years ago because work, etc so I think if they keep this strategy it'd be the opposite, they'll kick me off the game when I'm bored as hell of playing the same killers

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

This amount of grind doesn't incentivize players to stay, it pushes newer ones away a lot

Anyway I don't expect anything from them. I don't care at all about the chances they're making, so this will be another update that will come and go as usual. All I care is a change to the grind, and they're not delivering so big yawn

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I was hoping they would fix the healing meta so i could play killers besides nurse and blight. The game will sit in the uninstalled pile for awhile longer.