Unhooked teammates in front of killer

Hey stop with the mid loop unhooks or just poor unhooking choices. If the killers nearby and is sorta camping work on gens put some pressure on so they leave the area. And if not literally let me die on the hook it's not a big deal. I'm sick of being unhooked staring at a red stain instantly being hit with no bt and watch you push infront of me and run away with out taking a protection hit.

I'm not the best player by any means but I do know when to unhook safely and when to keep my butt on generators. That's what kindred if for.

Altruism gonna be the death of you and the whole game.

Sorry for the rant I'm just sick of it lol and you know it's bad when a mediocre player is complaining.

Comments

• kombativo
    kombativo Member Posts: 183

just hide in a locker whit ds he prob will wait it out tho your team mates will do gens for those 40/50/60 seconds

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,711

Some people don't seem to realize that there is such thing as being too altruistic. Sometimes trying too hard to bodyblock or go for bold unhooks bolsters the killer's snowball potential.

• kld3169
    kld3169 Member Posts: 101

Gens before friends I say!

• Sylhiri
    Sylhiri Member Posts: 178

Not sure why BT isn't a perk that applies to the user instead of a teammate.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,180
    edited March 2022

I've gotten to the point where I let the killer take me out again if the survivor does a stupid unhook in the killers face. I'm not going to run away for long enough for that jerk to get a "safe unhook" only to go down a few seconds later because they decided to unhook me without BT when the killer has taken two steps away from the hook.

As killer, it's baffling to me how many survivors throw the entire damn game because I can take two steps and they're already unhooking (and then I'M the camping jerk when for some reason I just turn right around and swing my weapon). I generally will not hook the unhooked in that situation as I know exactly what it feels like to have a teammate screw you over like that (as long as you don't try to bodyblock me because that changes my source of irk from the jerk teammate who unhooked you in a stupid position to you who is trying to use what should have been a defensive perk into a weapon against me so now I'm waiting the 12 seconds or whatever it is and putting you right back up on the hook).

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815

In the old days, hitting a survivor while they were on the way to rescue meant they wouldn't do the rescue, they'd run and keep you busy while someone else rescued. That was called a "safe unhook".

Now, wounded survivors ALWAYS go for the unhook. Not just after being wounded while trying to rescue, I'm saying if I hit a survivor who's working a gen while a teammate is hooked, they will ALWAYS jump up and go for the unhook. Often they'll lead me back just in time to catch a better player trying to play smarter.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

This is ofcourse one of the biggest disconnects between the sides.

Understanding when it's tunneling and camping and when your teammates ######### up.

Those that do, are the opinions I truly hear.

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 820

If the killers nearby

lol good one.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Nah if you're about to drop to second/third hookstate I'll dive bomb your hook. Hope you have DS champ because I'm not running Borrowed and I LOVE THE TASTE OF DIRT.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

This is also true sometimes it's better to save someone from being second stated extremely fast into the game

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

The worst part is you are just being humble. The fact that you understand this concept proves you are an above average survivor.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Given how tunneling is rife atm, yes, please stop unhooking when the killer is walking over with the word 'tunneling' written across there forehead