Unfair foreing exchange

Options
onark
onark Member Posts: 105
edited June 2018 in General Discussions

It's not fair, 6000 auric cells costs 50$ in US but in Europe (Euros) costs 59$ >_<

50$ = 42,3092382 €

Post edited by onark on

Comments

• onark
    Options

50$ are not equal to 50€!!!! Come on! :(((((((

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142
    Options

Is that including VAT in the price?

• onark
    edited June 2018
    Options

They don't have taxes in US? Then why the DLC is 8$ and here is 5'69€?

I was hyped going right of the bat to the cosmetic store to buy 6.000 auric cells and then... Slap in the face!!!

• lasombra1979
    Options

Sales taxes in the US are state by state so it varies. The state I am in has a 7.5% sales tax. Also, I was just asking if the price was including VAT. If it included VAT, I could understand, if it didnt, that just sucks.

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Options
    Yeah, 50$ equals ~42€, so that's a big overkill. @lasombra1979 in Europe, it is a common thing, that all prices have the VAT included.
  • lasombra1979
    Options

Thanks for the explanation @popoles.

• onark
    edited June 2018
    Options

Well, due the silence from developers, I just spend 70€ in cosmetics (plus the DLC) instead of the 50€ planned. Good marketing job, but I'm not a happy customer 8(

• onark
    edited June 2018
    Options

Yeah, but after I defend them everywhere, inciting people to play, to buy, I loved them... Now I feel cheated and more probabbly in a short matter of time my love will turn into hate if they don't resolve this or give a convincing explanation.

• onark
    edited June 2018
    Options

Come on, it's like a bad joke, in my Steam review, someone from Switzerland (Europe) wrote this:
    They charge me 50 CHF for 6000 AC (~50.80 USD or ~43 EUR).
    I don't think the devs know how currencies work.
    Obviously they believe that 50 FOO = 50 BAR

I wrote in twitter inmediatly but they, later, answered a lot of console release complains and nothing about it. I wrote in Reddit, I wrote here that supposed to be, quote, "a place where we have more feedback with them". >_<

• onark
    edited June 2018
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:

If you bought it, that shows them as a company you were willing to buy it despite the insane pricing.

That will solve nothing and is counter productive. You simply shouldn't have bought the cosmetics.

Yeah, but they can not hype me an entire month, showing me something that I died for play with, waiting for this day like if was my son's birthday & don't do it. I hope they resolve this.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    edited June 2018
    Options

@onark said:

@weirdkid5 said:

If you bought it, that shows them as a company you were willing to buy it despite the insane pricing.

That will solve nothing and is counter productive. You simply shouldn't have bought the cosmetics.

Yeah, but they can not hype me an entire month, showing me something that I died for play with, waiting for this day like if was my son's birthday & don't do it. I hope they resolve this.

The fact you flip out and get this hyped over cosmetics instead of actual gameplay and stuff is exactly why companies do the things they do like unfair pricing.

You can not buy it. It's called willpower. Companies prey on people like you, I'm gonna be 100% honest. It isn't your fault or anything, it's the sleazy tactics made by these companies that go right after people and their desires.

Dont fall for it. Stop giving these people your money. They will not change a thing if you give them money.

• onark
    Options

Thank you, @weirdkid5, wise words. I guess we can learn from our mistakes.

• ZappyBoi
    ZappyBoi Member Posts: 29
    Options

bE does not care about you. They only made this game for a profit, their decisions are driven by what can make them money. Do not moan about what you chose not to purchase, bE does not care.

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 984
    Options
    weirdkid5 said:

@onark said:

@weirdkid5 said:

The fact you flip out and get this hyped over cosmetics instead of actual gameplay and stuff is exactly why companies do the things they do like unfair pricing.

You can not buy it. It's called willpower. Companies prey on people like you, I'm gonna be 100% honest. It isn't your fault or anything, it's the sleazy tactics made by these companies that go right after people and their desires.

Dont fall for it. Stop giving these people your money. They will not change a thing if you give them money.

Exactly why I bought some skins. They look nice and unless you're getting a very rare one they're very affordable. Fully outfitted my Dwight and wraith and still have enough remaining for another character, or a couple of new weapons. Besides the price of the very rare skins, I've been very pleased with the implementation.  :)
  • onark
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Cetren said:
    Exactly why I bought some skins. They look nice and unless you're getting a very rare one they're very affordable. Fully outfitted my Dwight and wraith and still have enough remaining for another character, or a couple of new weapons. Besides the price of the very rare skins, I've been very pleased with the implementation.  :)

That's awesome, dude, but the point of this thread is that I bought 8250 auric cells for 70€ (82$) when the real price must be 59€ (70$)

Post edited by onark on
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@onark said:

@Cetren said:

That's awesome, dude, but the point of this thread is that I bought 8250 auric cells for 70€ (82$) when the real price must be 59€ (70$)

The real price? Devs set the real price and it seems that you are willing to pay 70€, so why should they only be satisfied with 59€? :wink:
    As long as you dont react and close your wallet, devs will be confirmed in their approach

• onark
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Master said:
    The real price? Devs set the real price and it seems that you are willing to pay 70€, so why should they only be satisfied with 59€? :wink:
    As long as you dont react and close your wallet, devs will be confirmed in their approach

I already said "I can learn from my mistakes". I have 90 likes in reddit atm with the same thread, and we are only the vocal people, I'm giving them the chance to rectify being vocal, but out there are tons of people who are seeing this unfair assault to the foreign customers and their wallets will be hermetically closed and the image of the company is going down fast. I have a lot of europeans friends players of DBD that are very unpleased right now with this. Many of them can't voice their opinions cause they don't speak english, but I bet you they lost any intention to buy something.

• BarpleBapkins
    BarpleBapkins Member Posts: 36
    Options

It's probably just some sort of error that they'll end up fixing relatively soon, I'm not sure what the hell they were doing when dealing with regional prices.

• onark
    edited June 2018
    Options

Well, I really hope you are right and they do something quickly. I also did a review of the DLC on Steam with this issue and I have 80 likes & 12 LOLs, with comments from New Zealand, UK, Switzerland, Canada, Finland, Italy, even Turkey! complaining about this.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@onark said:

@Master said:

I already said "I can learn from my mistakes". I have 90 likes in reddit atm with the same thread, and we are only the vocal people, I'm giving them the chance to rectify being vocal, but out there are tons of people who are seeing this unfair assault to the foreign customers and their wallets will be hermetically closed and the image of the company is going down fast. I have a lot of europeans friends players of DBD that are very unpleased right now with this. Many of them can't voice their opinions cause they don't speak english, but I bet you they lost any intention to buy something.

My wallet is closed because of the broken balance and because devs show no intention to fix that.
    I couldnt care less about a few bucks difference, but at the moment they are not even geting a cent from me :wink:

• onark
    Options

I agree with you with their lack of intention to fix things (I still landing in the wrong side of the pallet, I still spawning a lot of times super close to the killer at the beginning of the match....) But is not only a question of a few bucks difference, it's a question of unfair treatment to non-american players.

• Catastrophe
    Catastrophe Member Posts: 86
    Options

You know what. I was charged 1,750 baht (54.48 USD) for 6000 Auric Cells and today the price just dropped to 993 baht (29.04 USD). I feel like being cheated here too and no one seems to care.

• ComelyStar
    ComelyStar Member Posts: 187
    Options

The prices have now been adjusted to the proper exchange rates. £4.80 for the smallest pack has now dropped to £3.75 (which actually equals to $5). But no actual reduction of prices in sight.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

Guys you are taking this way to seriously as some mistreatment or screw over. It’s just the devs not knowing how to MATH AT ALL. Just another error they made, that’s be fixed shortly. I knew it was gonna happen, or at least something with the cells would happen.

• TheNormalizer
    TheNormalizer Member Posts: 113
    Options

@onark said:
    It's not fair, 6000 auric cells cost 50$ in US but in Europe (Euros) costs 59$ >_<

as i live in europe/estonia the max amount costs 49.99(euromark here)

• onark
    Options

@ComelyStar said:
    The prices have now been adjusted to the proper exchange rates. £4.80 for the smallest pack has now dropped to £3.75 (which actually equals to $5). But no actual reduction of prices in sight.

You mean adjusted to the proper exchange rates in your country. In Euro region we still have the wrong conversion of 50$=50€

I understand they can't refund me the amount cheated, but I would be satisfied if they give me the proper amount of auric cells that I bought.

And there you got another priceless comment in my steam's review (with now 103 likes & 20 LOLs) :
    6000 auric cells in Rubles = 1333 RUB (22$) :)
    In Russia you can basically buy 18.000 cells for the price of 6000 in Europe:D That's a bit crazy I thinkXD

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

I would email support and post the question to them, it seems no one is getting an answer from the devs about it on here but many other region prices have changed as it seem the conversions were screwed up.

• onark
    Options

Thank you, @twistedmonkey, I wrote this issue on their twitter page, reddit page, here, steam, but they ignoring me completly at the same time they answer console-release complains and other insignificant things, I feel like they are laughing on me. >_< At least a "we are working on this issue" but no, nothing.

• Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415
    Options

Why would you buy it? Have some willpower people.

• onark
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Shipthebread said:

Because I thought that they will fix it. But instead a response from them, I have people questioning me, great.
    This is really annoying.

• Catastrophe
    Catastrophe Member Posts: 86
    Options

@Jack11803 said:
    Guys you are taking this way to seriously as some mistreatment or screw over. It’s just the devs not knowing how to MATH AT ALL. Just another error they made, that’s be fixed shortly. I knew it was gonna happen, or at least something with the cells would happen.

The difference around 20 USD between the former price and the new price sure is serious, man.We have full right to complain and we hope they fix this with compensation. Wasting 20 USD is no joke.

• Jack11803
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Catastrophe

Oh you definitely should complain. It’s just some people are like “ugh the devs did this on purpose. Racist, greedy scum bags. Blah blah blah.” It’s just downright rude.

• Shipthebread
    Options

@onark said:

@Shipthebread said:

Because I thought that they will fix it. But instead a response from them, I have people questioning me, great.
    This is really annoying.

My point is why would you not wait? Clearly something didn't add up. Could you not help yourself for a couple days?

• onark
    Options

...Clearly something didn't add up...

OMG

I hope I don't have to send you screenshots of all the outfits I bought.

And the other question I already answered before.

• onark
    Options

There you got...

• Jack11803
    edited June 2018
    Options

@onark

My frames per second you piece of CRAP! /s

• Jack11803
    edited June 2018
    Options

@onark

My phone just raised several degrees in temperature because of that post!

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493
    Options

They should have just used Dollars as the currency worldwide in the first place. Then at checkout the price adjusts to your currency.

• not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114
    Options

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/3421/auric-cells-packs-conversion-rates-adjustments/p1?new=1

Please consult this post for more information on the conversion rate adjustments and compensation policy.

• onark
    Options

@not_Queen said:
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/3421/auric-cells-packs-conversion-rates-adjustments/p1?new=1

Please consult this post for more information on the conversion rate adjustments and compensation policy.

Finally a response, thank you, I saw it but nothing about euro conversion.

• onark
    Options

If the DLC costs 7$ or 5.69€ then 50$ of the 6.000 Auric Cells pack cannot costs 50€.

I bought 8250 auric cells for 70€ (82.29$) when the real price must be 59.55€ (70$).

Can I have my proper auric cells like the rest of the world, please?

• Shipthebread
    Options

@onark said:
    If the DLC costs 7$ or 5.69€ then 50$ of the 6.000 Auric Cells pack cannot costs 50€.

I bought 8250 auric cells for 70€ (82.29$) when the real price must be 59.55€ (70$).

Can I have my proper auric cells like the rest of the world, please?

I imagine this again is an oversight by them that they will fix. Certainly Euro's will be compensated.

• onark
    Options

@Shipthebread said:
    I imagine this again is an oversight by them that they will fix. Certainly Euro's will be compensated.

I hope so, this is really frustrating. :'(

• BlooBoo
    BlooBoo Member Posts: 10
    Options

@not_Queen said:

What about Euro?
    50$ = 42.40€
    Store has 50€ for 6k

• onark
    Options

On twitter they say:
    Our conversion rate between USD and € are in line with the current market standards within the gaming industry.

Then why the DLC costs 7USD or 5'69€?

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    edited June 2018
    Options

@onark said:

On twitter they say:
    Our conversion rate between USD and € are in line with the current market standards within the gaming industry.

Then why the DLC costs 7USD or 5'69€?

They adjusted it. DLC costs 7€ now. It seems like 5,69€ was a mistake people could benefit from on the first day.

• onark
    Options

@Freudentrauma said:
    They adjusted it. DLC costs 7€ now. It seems like 5,69€ was a mistake people could benefit from on the first day.

Well, then I'm done with this. But they could answered me with that 48 hours ago in support, this forum, their twitter, reddit, steam...

Whatever... I can afford it, I only fought for those people, like me, who felt that they were treated unjustly.

Again, a simple explanation would changed everything.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

@onark said:
    Whatever... I can afford it, I only fought for those people, like me, who felt that they were treated unjustly.

Again, a simple explanation would changed everything.

The explanation is that 1 to 1 conversion is what everyone is doing and it works. If you look at other games, the all do that as well. And it works. That's why everyone is doing it.
    If you want to change that, then you would have to criticize the entire game industry for doing so. Gosh not even the games industry, if I think about it. Even Netflix has a 1 to 1 conversion.