Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

If I buy a Steam key for a DLC, can I use it on Epic Games?

I play Killer on Epic Games and I wanted to get a key for the Stranger Things DLC. I stupidly bought a Steam Key instead without even thinking about it. Question is, is the DLC code still valid if I use it on Epic? I'm guessing not but I thought I'd ask.

Answers

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,553
    edited April 2022

Can you enter a Netflix gift card on your Amazon account?

No.

Epic and Steam are not related - they are 2 different companies - so that doesn´t work.

Sadly no Stranger Things on Epic ever.

• WealthyBadger63
    WealthyBadger63 Member Posts: 7

Didn’t need to be a dick about it, Jesus. If I bought a cdkey for the Stranger Things bundle, I’ve seen people say that you can link the accounts together to get the progress on both. Is that true?

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,553

Sorry - should not be mean.

Only some forget that Steam and Epic are different companies.

Click on Info & Help at top of the screen. I don´t know if this includes your dlc. A Mod has to answer that.

What platforms is Cross-Progression on? 

As of right now, cross-progression is between Steam, Stadia and Epic Games Store.

Will I be able to transfer all my purchases to a different platform?

For the most part yes, however Auric Cells and some virtual goods will not transfer due to licencing restrictions.

• Cookie_Des_Lys
    Cookie_Des_Lys Member Posts: 64

You can do it if you have the game on the two stores. So you will have to buy a new key of DBD on steam.

Then you have to link your two accounts (epic and steam) to your behaviour account here : https://account.bhvr.com/ .

I done it.

@Mark_123 was right when he said Auric Cells aren't synchronised.