We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Matchmaking Feedback For March 31st & Comparison

Hello All! It's your gal, Lallygag.

I wanted to give feedback as I did testing for the MM in DBD and wanted to share what happened.

Thursday, March 31st was probably the most fun and best games of DBD I've played in years. The quality of matches was superb. Now I was playing survivor, and what I mean by "good" matches isn't me escaping. It was the quality of the matches. Very good skill on the killer and on us survivors. I ended up telling each killer after the match, "wow, that was a hard match, but incredibly fair." I never felt "robbed" of anything. They got their downs with skill and we got our escapes through hard work.

My least favorite Killer to verse personally is the Twins because of the playstyle. I had the best Twins match of my life on Thursday. After hours I left my computer with a smile and this feeling of energy. I sincerely hope that DBD can possible continue what they used to MM on the 31st.

Now let me give a comparison. I played and streamed on April 1st, the very next day. There were no more matchmaking tests. I had probably some of the worst matches of my life that day. It was absolutely night and day. I played a killer I normally never play, the Oni. (I was doing a bit dressed up as Shrek for April Fools) Now I know how to play killer, like I get the basics, just not polished on his power.

But for being a baby Oni, I got survivors that were all comp ready. It was my third ever match as Oni and by the time I got my first hook, there was only 1 gen left. And it didn't take me too long to get that down as well. My chat and I were shocked that we were being paired like this.

All of my killer matches were like that. I sincerely thought that the MMR would have given me some slack as I've never really played this killer before but there was none. After 4 miserable matches I switched to survivor to hopefully change the tune.

And it wasn't any better. Most games had survivors DC at 4/5 gens or give up on hook. Many MANY 3/4 gen death games. (My Average is 1 gen I'd say. Iri 1 blah blah blah 1,000s of hours who cares but I had to throw that in there when I say that these matches weren't normal) Luckily my chat hopped in my lobby so we could have reliable teammates but man, you would think that with low MMR teammates there would be lower MMR killers. It didn't seem to be the case.

Anyways, I wanted to give my feedback. The matches on Thursday the 31st inspired me and made me want and crave that DBD quality. Thank you for listening to your community and I am excited to see what changes come to pass.