New Game Mode discussion

Options
Hoodied
Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994

So the player survey mentioned a spot about new game modes ( dbd.game/37jZ4TG this is the survey if you want to do it ) and I was literally thinking of a game mode another game had that turned the game into a chaotic mess, and everyone who played the game loved it

Ultra Rapid Fire, or URF, is a game mode in LoL where they took out most of the things that made the game skillful, and turned it into "Okay how easily can we break the game?" this game mode gave you a buff called "Awesome buff of awesomely awesome buffing, basically made abilities cost nothing, cooldowns on abilities were faster, you moved faster, attack speed is faster, and usually 3 joke buffs on it (my personal favorite being "Keep out of reach of designers and people who like sane tooltips")

Now why did I bring this up? Everything in dbd can easily be buffed into oblivion to make it absurdly strong and hilariously strong as a separate game mode, just so we can see how funny it is

Basically double how many stacks some perks can have (imagine STBFL with 16 stacks), reduce cooldowns on everything, and if it doesn't have a cooldown give it some other effect (Billy could easily have better turning and move faster, amanda can charge her dash up faster and move faster, while being in it longer, etc), % on perks with %'s can be doubled (400% ruin) and all aura reading stuff is map wide, reduce the time or double the time things are effective depending on the perk, basically just make everything in the game unneedingly OP for a game mode so it turns the match into a shitshow (Trapper with like 10 traps instead of 5 with almost instant setting speed, while holding every trap, Hag with faster setting speed and 20 traps instead of 10, traps reset themselves, Dead Hard scales up to 1000% instead of how it scales up and down currently, DS having more time added to it, etc), one thing I want to see dbd look like is having everything so unneedingly OP to the point that it just makes game into battlefields instead of what it is now

Comments

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Options

Obviously it would be impossible to balance, but I think something like this could be good fun! When base DBD is getting dull, you can just swap over to this for some chaotic fun.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

The goal is to make it impossible to balance, iirc riot's way of balancing it was straight up disabling certain things

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Options

Lol, yeah I'm all for it. Here's hoping the Devs take notice. At the very least, I hope some new game mode will happen. Having just the one game mode is making things a little dull if I'm honest.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

I don't understand people's fixation on new game modes. I can't think of anything that would interest me on that front.

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500
    Options

Just add an 8vs2 mode, doesn't matter if it's borked even more than the normal gameplay is, I want to have a Bubba Buddy revving with me.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,636
    Options

I’d like new game modes that are super chill like practice modes where you can play as any killer or survivor.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,540
    Options

If we're getting a new game mode, i wanna see Left 4 Dead 2's Scavanger mode but in DBD.

• Notionless
    Notionless Member Posts: 243
    Options

That sounds fkn hilarious, imagine old nurse with 16 blinks or whatever, while survs genuinenly cant be hooked bc of boil over completely controlling the movement, so iron grasp becomes a choice, ....

I love it.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

when it comes to secondary gamemodes i always invisioned something like a battle royale kind of deal where multiple players join a big lobby and its everyone against everyone.

something similar to Hide or Die, where all players start out as Survivors and by completeing a certain objective one player can become the Killer and start eliminating their opposition, while the other Survivors have to evade this player and complete another objective that takes the Killer role away from the first player and gives it to them instead -> fast forward until its a 1v1 and we could either turn it into a Killer VS Killer battle or make Hatch appear to let the last Survivor out.

the Winner would be whoever managed to get the most kills / escaped in the end.

this is ofc just a very rough sketch of what this mode could be but i think it sounds pretty fun.