100% Pointless

I decided to ask a friend who lives in Quebec (I live in Ontario) if he could ask the guy he knows who actually works on DbD (As a 3D modeller) whether the Devs actually look at the forums, specifically the Balance Feedback forum. He responded by saying that apparently only the community managers check the forums and thus anything we discuss here is probably never read by the Developers themselves, which in my opinion makes this section of the forums a rather moot point. While I've never expected them to take our suggestions and 100% copy and paste them into the game (that'd be rather inane) the whole purpose of writing things up was to offer them the communities perspective and concepts for how to improve the game and give them a sense of direction to go toward, and if no one that actually works on the game objectively speaking is reading our ideas then there's little point to keep shouting into the void. Was fun for the brief while I was here, but I figured I'd let others know how pointless an exercise it is and has been before I peace out.

Comments

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Sorry but I have to say.. No ######### Sherlock

Its almost obvious they don't do that. Check any game formula and will be the same. Tao OW for example. People made for months posts over posts to get a reverse on mercy doing an excellent job by describing everything to have fun again. What happened? Closed theaters and ignore the hours spent to write very good threads

That happens everywhere, take any game and would do the same. Only in few occasion they might listen (blight event for example) but that's it. Welcome to the real world, where software houses sell products, they don't bother looking forward to the community and can't blame them tbh. So far BHVR are one of the few ones who listen what people say sometimes, others don't even bother coughblizzarcough
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Aerys said:
    I decided to ask a friend who lives in Quebec (I live in Ontario) if he could ask the guy he knows who actually works on DbD (As a 3D modeller) whether the Devs actually look at the forums, specifically the Balance Feedback forum. He responded by saying that apparently only the community managers check the forums and thus anything we discuss here is probably never read by the Developers themselves, which in my opinion makes this section of the forums a rather moot point. While I've never expected them to take our suggestions and 100% copy and paste them into the game (that'd be rather inane) the whole purpose of writing things up was to offer them the communities perspective and concepts for how to improve the game and give them a sense of direction to go toward, and if no one that actually works on the game objectively speaking is reading our ideas then there's little point to keep shouting into the void. Was fun for the brief while I was here, but I figured I'd let others know how pointless an exercise it is and has been before I peace out.

I could have told you that too :wink:

From time to time community managers (queen and now pat) check in, but the devs basically ignore the forum. Its a shame, but whatever

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    It’s fun to at least have some way to vent the rage and/or ideas we have. Then when the devs make up their own minds without taking a long look at what the community has put though into posting, it’s satisfying to watch them be confused by negative reactions and whatnot.
  • FoggyDownpour
    FoggyDownpour Member Posts: 288
    I would trust that if the guy with the info worked on balancing the game. Last I checked, the 3D modelers were in the art department.