The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

BHVR seriously you need to rework the pip system for killer !

SS007
SS007 Member Posts: 168
edited April 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Come on #########? I had probably my second worst match in this game vs one of the most toxic swf's I seen they sabotaged every hook and one of the flashlight survivors was cheating he was able to blind save behind walls #########? I literally hided my face through walls and difficult angles I searched around me over and over and every time he saves anyone I pick with weird angles I can't even see him? he is 100% cheating seen similar thing on YouTube luckily I was playing nurse or I'd have no chance in winning but it was too sweaty everyone had dead hard, the game went for like 30 minutes just because 2 were constantly sabotaging any hook or flashlight saving the others.

Sabo squads are problematic and some people are saying SWF on voice chat doesn't give advantage and it's fair? but I didn't disconnect with the overwhelming amount of clicks and tbags I sweated as much as I could to get 1 pip, I pressured every gen and lost my mind trying to down them in indoors map especially with nurse she's difficult in some indoor maps.

BUT ######### ???????? 30 minutes match of pain and torture and I didn't get a single pip ? ######### is wrong with this system ?????? what's the point of everything I did and the hard time I had ? I managed to kill 2 of them hardly and gens were done but no way out helped me kill the 3rd survivor it's insane how effective and toxic this team was plus 1 or 2 were subtle cheating especially the purple flashlight meg she blinds me when I pick anyone behind walls.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• YoshisWorld3
    YoshisWorld3 Member Posts: 51

Yeaa Pip System for Killer is BS for sure.

You should get atleats Gold or something for 3 kills instead of Silver and its totally bs that killer need one tick more than survivors do on red Grades.

• SS007

I mean I deserve the pip and probably all these survivors got +1 this is unfair for killers.

• YoshisWorld3

Yea it is.

Have this ######### all the time. Even stopped playing killer cuz of all this bs

It's so dann easy to pip as survivor. Even if you die you are able to 1pip

As killer you aren't even granted a 1pip if you kill 3 people like you can see on your pics but yea dbd is "focused" on 2kills and 2 escapes the devs say but you still doesn't even get something for that then. It's kinda sad.

• SS007

Also got 2 gold emblems and 1 red and 1 silver like it's good enough for 1 pip I played against a sabo squad that made the match miserable for me but instead I played the best I can since they were so toxic but no pip and I literally had previous survivor games where I didn't care about winning or pip I just did chases and saves but somehow you get pip for not even wanting to as a survivor it's a joke

• YoshisWorld3

I feel you. It's literally a joke to pip as survivor for 1 Iri 2 gold and 1 silver you would have gotten that 1 pip as surv soo yea why not as killer is the question... its stupid

• ka_klick
    ka_klick Member Posts: 9

I swear I've de-pipped on 4K basement hook-dive fest's where you end up with a 4k and no gen's done. I get they want to encourage "fair" play, but when you get a fast 4k and at best, 0-pip it's kinda dis-heartening. Play efficient, but not too efficient.

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 612

Out of curiosity, what killer were you playing as? I don't think devout is really killer based as something like the chaser emblem, but I'm just curious

The emblem systems for devout rewards hook stages. if I'm not mistaken is:

2 pts for every sacrifice/mori/dc

1pt for hooking everyone at 9 times (so having everyone at 1 hook stage left)

1pt for hooking everyone once

So based on the end game screen, it seems like maybe the person that got escaped you weren't able to hook as much, if at all? So, 3 deaths = 6 points (silver emblem) - leaving either one or both of those 1 points missing to get up to gold, which would have gotten a pip.

I personally find it easier to pip up as killer in iri rather than survivor. Survivor, to pip up in iri, you basically need to do at least 2-3 gens, 2-3 heals and unhooks, and get chased a bunch, and to double pip it requires you to not be downed at all during the match. The range of 2-3 depends on where in iri you are.

The reason a 4k != pip is because the game wants you to play out the match - meaning spread out chases, hooks, prevent gens, etc. It's for the same reason if you "gen rush" as a survivor and get out as fast as possible results in a loss of a pip

• SS007

Nurse and I mentioned it in the post, the problem I faced a toxic sabo squad that didn't let me hook easily too many downs but the map is indoors easy to hide in many rooms no open spaces and 1 survivor was hacking so I pressured gens and chased and downed I played a difficult map and I didn't camp or even tunnel wasn't an option because DS flashlight saves hack and sabotage so whenever I hardly managed to pick someone 2 hooks near me were sabotaged it's torture they had a full you can't hook build as you can see in the pics but I hooked 2 of them 3 times I remember and 1 2 times and 4th survivor maybe once but this isn't fair why 0 pip for all my effort and the outcome ? Meanwhile I bet all of them got max pip easily.

• SS007

Not really you can't pip with basement camping because you get no points in any category you didn't chase and didn't hook everyone multiple times and you didn't pressure gens.

In my game I did everything but I still didn't get a pip so if I played correctly and didn't get a pip no chance you'd get one with your method because this system doesn't reward effeciency but rather forcing you to amuse survivors as their clown making sure you chase everyone and kick every gen and hook everyone 3 times which is impossible in high mmr and this meta, I did that with nurse but didn't get a pip it's not fair.

• Faulds
    Faulds Member Posts: 903

I never have any problem with pipping as killer. Its way easier than survivor, you can do consistently good if you do well in the trial (absolutely not the case when playing survivor). If you had such a hard time during the game, maybe thats why your pipping wasn't good even though you killed three of them... because you barely beat them.

• SS007

Got 2 gold emblems and 1 Iri 1 silver so that looks good enough for 1 pip

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

Regardless if some people find it easy or not to pip. It's an outdated skill based system that doesn't fit with the time played grade system.

You can't use a skill based system to determine the results for a system that's supposed to be determined by time played, and then say grades have no reflection of skill.

It's part of the reason I stopped playing between the grind, and the whole getting a great double pip match one match, followed by 3 matches where it's even or bad matches. So you either black pip or depip, losing all progress you made. So even though you're playing more the game is saying you're not, simply because you're not killing people AND scoring enough points in match. Kill them all too quickly? Sorry that's a depip, despite you actually playing the game and completing your objective. It's a ######### system.

• SS007

Thank you ! couldn't say it better than you did , that's exactly the core problem the emblem system doesn't take in count the mmr system.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

It is torture. But to be honest - it is not at all about playing 'the perfect game' in behavior's eyes, it's about making Tier 1 killer hardest of all to accomplish.

Getting Tier 1 should be incredibly hard - so it's not that big of a deal to be a challenge.

However, the scoring events themselves and the way it looks at how 'well' you preformed NEEDS to be changed.

As it stands, it still punishes you for using exposure perks and playing the game too quickly.

• SS007

I think even using a Mori reduces your chances of getting a pip considerably too right?

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

It does, because you do not get the score for hooking actions - or bonus events such as 'late hook' or anything of the sort. I believe that, because they must be dead on hook, it's a lot less of a deal than it was before the change.