DC Karma System

I think you should add some sort of karma system for people that DC a lot. Basicly everyone starts with 0 karma and if you DC in a game ( especially if you are the first one who DC's) then you get negative karma. If you have bad karma you get more often in a lobby with other people that have bad karma. This way, I am not the one who has to suffer if my team mates DC because they dont like the killer or they go down instantly.

You could also take away karma from someone who kills themselve on first hook while everyone els is still alive (To make sure that they dont get around the karma system). 

If you have negative karma then you just have to stay active in the game and dont DC. If you do that the you Karma while get back up to zero over time.

I think this would help to reduce survivors that DC and the Survivors that still DC are no longer my problem and will only be anoying to each other.

Please let me know what you think of that idea.

PS: English is not my first language so sorry if I made a lot of spelling and grammatical mistakes.

Comments

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

I think there should be BP costs for bad things that go into a special 'Karma' pool and create a score.

The more bad, toxic things you do (Like DC early) - low Karma - the fewer BP you earn, the longer your que times are, and the MMR system tries to put you with similar Karma level people.

The more good, wholesome things you do (Like earn a 'props' - high Karma - the more BP you earn, the shorter your que times, and the MMR system will try to put you with other wholesome people.

Then, every day, this value gets a little closer to 0 in exponential fashion. So your bad karma goes away if you don't do bad things, and your good Karma doesn't stay if you don't overtly make it an objective.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

People DC for all sorts of reasons, sometimes out of their control. There’s already DC penalties in place, and a dwindling player base. Don’t want to discourage more people to leave altogether.

• VirtuaTyKing
    VirtuaTyKing Member Posts: 465
    edited April 2022

It should match them with fellow bad losers. So they destroy their own fun and not others.

That's not always the case so it should have a threshold of course.

• giku99
    giku99 Member Posts: 14

Yeah, of course it's not always in their control. Sometimes you just lose your Internet connection. But my solution is not to give everyone that DC's one time out of 100 games instantly -1000 karma or something. Its like baby steps. Only those who DC on a regular basis would get such a bad karma scour that it becomes really noticeable. 

And yes there is already a DC penalty in place, but lattly I have a DC early in the match every fifth game or so. So it is obviously not enough. On top of that, I want to punish those who DC with this system. All I want is that people that DC often will get matchet with each other and destroy each other's games instead of mine. 

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    edited April 2022

Here’s the thing. If people are willing to DC with a penalty, it’s clear nothing will stop it. Also if they can’t DC, they’ll simply troll their teammates or AFK. The result is really the same. Which is why BHVR needs to look at reasons behind DCs and attack those, versus attacking the DCs themselves.

Also, wouldn’t killer players be hurt more by not being able to have a normal match, if all of their opponents are frequent DCers? Not a side of the equation ever really brought up or discussed.

• giku99
    giku99 Member Posts: 14

Again, my system is not meant to directly stop people from DC'ing it is just meant to seperate those survivors who DC on a regular basis from those who dont. Therfore i also dont see that your second point(that people would just go AFK or troll) would rly be a problem since nothng is stopping them from DC'in, they are just more likely to match with other people that DC often in future games.

In regards to the killer players, I don't really see the problem (and that's not because i am not empathetic to killers. I am a killer main my self). The Karma system would only make it so that survivors that DC a lot are matchet with each other. That would actually make the experience for killers better, since killers will only once in a while get a match where everyone DC's, instead of running into macthes where 1 out of 4 survivors DC's on a regular basis. And i would prefer that. If only one Survivor DC's in a match i will have an unbalanced experience for the next 8min(or whatever the average game time is). If everyone in the trial DC's, I can just move on to the next game where most likely nobody is going to DC. 

But maybe I misunderstand your point(?). Why would you say that the experience would get worse from the killer's perspective?