Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Need advice for finding the box as cenobite

EvilJoshy
EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Title

It goes without saying a chain hunt is great for pressure. Most of the time I find the box by knocking it out of someone's hands. I've only come across it on rare occasions. Ive seen videos of people running Lethal pursuer and after seeing where the survivors spawn, they somehow determine where the box could be. I was wondering if there is any guide or any advice that explains potential spawn points? I personally don't like using a perk for such a short advantage and then I'm down a perk for the rest of the game. So far the only tip I have for finding the box is if I'm patrolling and I hear electricity.

Comments

• Ula
    Ula Member Posts: 276

The box spawns as far as possible to all survivors and the killer

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

As the person above said, the box likes to spawn as far away from both you and survivors as possible.

However...

• It's still pretty RNG at times, especially on denser maps like RPD and Lery's. Definitely check if you have the time, but don't prioritize looking for the box too much - you'll send yourself on all sorts of wild goose chases.
    • If you want to practice, run Chatterer's Tooth for a few games - you'll be able to see the spawn in real time.
    • Some perks can really help find it. Lethal at the start (although I see this as a waste) and general aura reading.
    • You can also watch survivors - if one makes a beeline off into a part of the map that looks weird, they're probably going for the box.
  • Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

Killers don’t need to run Lethal Pursuer to pull this off. Just get a sense of where survivors are at the start and then you can get a feel for where it might be. Barbecue is better in that it can let you coordinate where the ‘next’ box spawn may be.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

Otz did a video specifically about this. Basically, if you know where the survivors are spawned and where you're spawned, the box will be in some area that is ideally far from both of your positions, whether that's on the side or in some corner or whatnot.

• StarLost

Mm. I play a goodly amount of Cenobite and I've stopped trying to get the box first. I prefer to go and pressure someone early (I like Discordance for this reason) and to try and find the box after my first hook, generally using BBQ.

Far, far too many times I've gone after it early and by the time I found it, gens are flying.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869

Like others have said, tooth and letal pursuer can help you get a feel how the box spawns at the start. BBQ is great too for midgame.

Quick tip for BBQ, if you down someone and the box is close to spawn, wait for a bit and hook after the spawn you will able to definitely tell where the box is with almost certainty.

After a while you will be confident to just slug, go pressure a nearby survivor or Gen and then return if the box is several seconds away from spawning.

Also pay a lot of attention when you do use the box. It will reveal all survivors locations and then spawn 5 seconds later and start the chain hunt. By keeping tabs on where the survivors were, you can tell where the box is spawning and proxy keep tabs on it so that when someone goes for it you can get to them quickly.

Plaything and pentimento are awesome on pinhead as they add additional secondary objectives the survivors can't ignore and can help catch survivors off guard as they move around the map in panic.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,216

The Lament Configuration cannot spawn in an area 16m around the Survivors or 40m around the Killer. If you know roughly where the survivors are when it spawns, you can infer the location of the box.

• EvilJoshy

I mostly use hoarder and Franklin's with range add ons. If someone tries to solve the box and I'm not too far away. Interrupt with a chain and chase them down. Unfortunately I just prestige my pinhead and the bloodweb has not been kind.

• StarLost

I went through my Hoarder/Franklin's phase, but it feels like I'm putting all my eggs into one basket and if a sufficiently good survivor gets the box, I'm doomed.

These days I really like:

Discordance

Plaything

Pentimento

Pain Resonance

Can replace the Discordance with BBQ (for finding box) or DMS (the second I get a hunt, complete chaos).

• EvilJoshy

I was running bamboozle for awhile to help cut down on chases when I miss chains. Also been experimenting with star struck. Very effective on over altruistic survivors :p

• EvilJoshy

While we're on the subject of pinhead. Do his chains interrupte hook rescues? I saw someone going for a save and I was too far. I chained them and without breaking any, they made the save.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

They don't interrupt saves but they will remain on the survivor after they are unhooked

This also applies to exit gate switches.

I think these are the only two interactions chains don't interrupt

• EvilJoshy

I know they interrupt solving a box but I think bhvr is nerfing that soon.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

The issue with the box and chains is that when you're doing the solve interaction, sometimes you still get pestered by random chains. That's likely what'll be changed I think

The summoned chains interrupting the box won't be changed, I'm sure of it.

The whole reason why survs are oblivious and revealed with killer instinct is to give Pinhead a chance to interrupt & get the box by downing the survivor solving it

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

It’s like hockey - think of the box as the puck. Know where your goal posts are. Track which direction survivors are slapping their sticks, and go from there!

• kombativo
    kombativo Member Posts: 183

pro tip use franklins on cenobite you will find some dc but the survivor who has te box if you have franklis they will drop the box