Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How do you like to play Twins?

dugman
dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Last night I played Twins for some missions and it got me curious on how other people like to play them. Twins are unusual in that they have a few unique playstyles that are pretty different from each other but which seem to be effective in their own way so it’s tough to tell if there’s actually an optimal strategy between them.

So when you play Twins what’s your favorite method?

How do you like to play Twins? 23 votes

Do as many chases as possible with Victor and Charlotte is mainly to carry people
52%
Seiko300F60_31ChordycepsGlamourousLeviathantenoresaxdugmanHerachi_SakuraThat_One_FriendPSPHitarimagicmoomanFridayNightPizza 12 votes
Chase uninjured survivors with Charlotte first, then go for downs with Victor to slug
21%
BlueberryAhoyWolfGuiltiiThatOneDemoPlayerBothSidesEnjoyer 5 votes
Mostly chase with Charlotte and use Victor primarily as a radar station for zone defense
13%
ValikDriplordDrewHanzo_Hasashi7 3 votes
Other (specify in comments)
13%
Aurelle[Deleted User]Ula 3 votes

Comments

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

People like to play twins?

• Ula
    Ula Member Posts: 276

The only killer I really don't want to play ever.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Park Charlotte in the middle of the map, guard gens as Victor, hop onto the first survivor I see, and injure/down other survivors as Charlotte. When Victor comes back, repeat the same thing.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    Do as many chases as possible with Victor and Charlotte is mainly to carry people

Which brings up an interesting point, there’s a common conception on the forums that “holding Victor hostage is a good tactic”. But the thing is the person holding Victor literally can’t do gens or heal other survivors, so a consequence of holding him hostage is you put the game into a 3v1 scenario where the killer is free to chase everybody else as if that other player was already eliminated or downed. Sure Charlotte is a relatively weak killer in a chase but she is still capable of getting hits and downs and weakening the map by breaking pallets given time and keeping someone off the gens for however long that hostage holder stays inactive does slow the gen progress significantly during that duration.

I’m not saying there’s no merit to keeping Victor inactive but it definitely comes with its own risks for the survivors.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,096
    Chase uninjured survivors with Charlotte first, then go for downs with Victor to slug

I wish to be able to do the first option in this poll more often, but it's just not fun to not have Victor available almost everytime for half a minute.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Mostly chase with Charlotte and use Victor primarily as a radar station for zone defense

Viktor is far too unreliable and frail to carry out the trials on his own.

Even on successful hits, he does precious little to dissuade survivors from their God-given tasks.

Getting a hit with Viktor may prove slightly easier, but it takes time - and the follow up is lumbering and slow as Charlotte, and if you miss - you're in a horrible place, because you're sent back to Charlotte empty handed.

You cannot pressure survivors with injury, and you have a hard time pressuring them while they're running scared and bleeding, because one slight misplay will send you back to the crying corner.

Victor's greatest weakness, also, is trees and rocks.

Using the little guy is far, far too great of a time risk. You can lose dozens of seconds at a time if you struggle to use Victor well in chase.

He's better relegated as an open Deterrent and information when he isn't used mid- chase to push survivors into lose-lose situations with quick switching.