The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Nurse is the only killer in the game I can enjoy playing

Yet she's the only killer in the game that ignores the general chase design

Have the devs ever actually played killer at high mmr and seen the misery found in most jungle gyms? Survivors being guaranteed 3 nice vaults in most instances, coupled with a nice pallet slam at the end of each one and that's a good result. The bad result is they just hold W and find another juicy vault nearby or some way that they don't waste their resources to avoid a hit. It's just a miserable experience where when playing most killers you feel there really is little you can do other go through the general motions of the game and hope gens don't all pop at once. When survivors aren't making mistakes the game very much feels like you're just a train on rail tracks with a single direction, limited options, survivors won't fear you in most cases. Body blocks, dead hard, decisive strikes, borrowed time, flashlights, abusing your miniscule FoV, any strategy you might use to apply pressure is simply removed. Oh, and plenty of groups have comms so they can coordinate their assaults which isn't even entirely necessary.

Yet the one good thing for me is playing nurse. Immediately 90% of the nonsense that survivors readily deal to other killers is gone. The outcome of the game is no longer in their hands. And that's the way the game should be, because when you're playing a killer you shouldn't feel hopeless and survivors shouldn't feel so bold.

Comments

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

Enjoyment is subjective, that is valid.

• HexDaddyissues
    HexDaddyissues Member Posts: 328

congrats?

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Her design is way more adventurous! Having everything be built around the same loop game is kinda dull. The fact that every loop plays the same way with powers speeding up the drop is kinda boring. Nurse breaks those conventions and puts focus on los breaking and pathing. Which let me get my notes ah yes "throwing crap in the way is not fun" apprently.

As it turns out dbd design is continously reign in by assin8ne looping conventions any nuanced playstyle that diverges from this is considered abhorrent and unfair. Dbd dosent have the most toxic community worse they have the most boring community. Same loop game, same killer designs, same perks there is virtually no spectacle in modern dbd design.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

And you don’t have any problem with survs feeling hopeless against nurse, do you?

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Exactly. This means he is forcing 4 other players to play the game exactly how he doesn't like it to play it himself. It's the most hypocritical thing I've ever seen.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,878

Good survivors don't feel hopeless against a nurse.... just saying.

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939
    edited April 2022

Maybe they should learn to play against nurse then?

Survivors not understanding how to play survivor is not a valid reason to nerf a killer.

• Munqaxus

All killers are getting slight above a 50% kill rate, because of MMR. So when you say solid chance of winning, you definitely mean consistently. It means Nurse is the only killer that is consistently breaking the 50% rule.

Not sure why the developers haven't reworked her yet, since more and more killer players are gravitating to her and Blight because they do break the 50% kill rate rule.

• MilManson

I'd like to see a source for your stats otherwise I'll take it with a grain of survivor main salt.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,948

I definitely recommend playing other killers

• Munqaxus

The source is the developers. You do know they release killer stats don't you?

• Brimp

This is why balancing on kills is a stupid idea. In overwatch certain weak characters aren't getting buffed because "they have a 50% win rate" when the play rate for that hero is incredibly low. The more people learn nurse and how to play her and getting more kills as a result doesn't warrant a nerf especially when I see 2-3 posts a week complaining about people giving up first hook against a nurse.

That only inflates the kill rate because survivors don't want to learn how to play against a nurse ending up getting her nerfed for no apparent reason in probably her base kit when its 2 addons that need to be touched.

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,067

You forgot cheaters at high MMR

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

I find Huntress fun

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I haven't looked at the stats but doesn't nurse have the lowest kill rate?

• Munqaxus

I would say your Overwatch example is not a good example, when I played it, the game was amazingly balanced. Some characters bring more to the game than just kills, so balancing based on a 50% win rate is probably exactly how that needs to be balanced. Blizzard has always been amazing with balancing.

• Brimp
    edited April 2022

Overwatch is not amazingly balanced in current day. They haven't made ANY meaningful changes since double shield brig zen became meta (brig is still broken af) 8-9 months ago now. That entire comp just disables dive as zen which would be a glass cannon suddenly becomes a fortress because brig exists with shield bash and inspire with armor packs for a ton of burst and passive healing.

Reinhardt just sucks without a lucio because melee does not do well in 6v6 burst damage meta that has a bunch of flank heroes like tracer echo which are far from balanced in their own right. Oh yeah lucio is one of those heros that is only relevant because of his speed aura, his ult is basically cosmetic while the 5 people that play him keep his win rate around 53%.

• Munqaxus
    edited April 2022

I'm going to get side-tracked here and am making assumptions to how the developers balance the game.

I assume that the developers balance based on 3 levels of play: High, Mid and Low. At high levels of play, a Nurse plays way different than they do at low levels of play. Since the majority of players are probably in the Mid and Low areas and since Nurse is so horrible to learn, then she gets a really bad kill rate at low levels. At high levels of play, this inverses for the Nurse, so the Nurse is making way above the kill rate at high levels. Once all of those are added together, it gives you an average of all 3 areas of play.

So, to answer your question, she is the only killer below 50%, according to the developers.

But when I'm responding on this forum, I'm basing it off the OP saying that while playing the Nurse, he feels that he gets much more kills that with other killers. And since other killers hoover around 50%, that would mean he is getting way beyond 50% as Nurse.

• EvilJoshy

"Blizzard has always been amazing with balance"

Are we talking about the same company? We're you playing overwatch when mercy mass rez was a must pick?

When 3 tanks, 3 supports was a thing

When 6 torbjourns is the reason there's a 1 hero pick

When Brigitte made dps as beefy as tanks

When it took forever to destroy shields

When symmetry was a support who couldn't heal

Priority passes that are so easy to obtain they serve no purpose

Or the launch of Diablo 3 when it had an auction house. Hackers learned it was more economic to steal an account, sell their gear for real money and send it to their paypal.

Haven't really played wow so can't comment.

Blizzard is not great at balance. They just have the budget to fiddle with stuff until it works.

• MilManson

There isn't a recent "stats" which I can find a source from online however there was an unofficial killer stats site and the nurse stats were Nurse - Kill Rate: 49.25 percent | Pick Rate: 5.27 percent.

The lowest stats of all killers.

• Munqaxus

It's been over a year or two since I played Overwatch and a while since I played Diablo 3. But at the time, yeah, I would consider Blizzard pretty amazing at balance. They basically took Diablo 3 and did a 360 with it, when they realized how awful it was. WoW was amazingly balanced when I played it also.

Maybe after the sexual harassment reorganization, they became really bad. Like I said, it's been a while. Diablo 3 was the last Blizzard game I was playing consistently.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

Why do people keep posting the kill stat graphs BHVR disclaimers themselves as being basically meaningless? First of all, MMR doesn't even give consistently even matches always. Second of all, those images separate for literally zero factors. All killers, all build types, all maps, all skill level and matchup types, all other RNG (tile generation/etc) types, etc. That's like having a chart showing 100% of people who drank water died. It tells you basically nothing.

• EvilJoshy

I do miss old blizzard. The days before Activision infested them.

• dollidahlia
    dollidahlia Member Posts: 343

Going by that logic her killrate is under 50%. So using YOUR EVIDENCE she’s not good.

this is why we don’t balance to newer players