Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

A simple rework for Premonition

I've come up with a way to change Premonition from a less effective and often detrimental Spine Chill, to a perk that will help anyone with decent skill get a better chase. Here is the idea. I will add further explanation below.

My reworked perk has clear strengths and weaknesses. You are granted the ability to get an idea where the killer is in a chase, if you are in an active chase for 25 seconds, which makes loops a little easier, but you don't see the aura for the entire chase once activated. Intermittently means at "irregular intervals", like Sadako in her demanifested state, so perhaps you see the aura for 1 second, and then it's hidden for 1.5 - 2 seconds. Final thing to note, it deactivates if you are injured from the healthy state, or if the game considers the chase to have ended. Meaning the killer can choose to end a chase whenever they want if they suspect this perk is at play.

Overall, I think it is balanced. You can get an advantage, but only if you work hard for it. The advantage is helpful, but can still lead to mindgames if timed correctly. It also deactivates easily enough so that the killer is not defenseless against it.

Thank you for taking time to read through my thoughts.

Comments

• Icaurs
    Icaurs Member Posts: 542

25 seconds is nothing. If you can't loop a killer for that length of time, you are going to need far more practice. Now of course you can "ok what if we double it" But then if the killer is chasing you for almost a minute and any competent killer will see the chase is a waste of time and go find somebody else who is out positioned.

Also I think you underestimate how strong seeing the killer's aura in a chase is. You can tell if he is hiding his stain, committing to one direction, doubling back ect. I recommend you run Alert as it will show what can happen when you can see the killer's aura.

I am quite an experienced survivor and I seriously mean this, if I could see the killer's aura, I could run most M1 killer's for an entire match.

• CrimsonMothKing
    CrimsonMothKing Member Posts: 414

This would make it a better Object of Obsession, we don't need that.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

Too strong. It's an OoO that only works in chase but doesn't have any indication to the killer that it's there.