Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Tips for Playing Killers

I know that there are many killers to chose from, but my heart choses Pinhead, Freddy, and Pig for mains. Any tips for how I can improve my gameplay for Pinhead, where the games I get with him are magical 4k's by sheer luck, or newer players, or 3k's and less because of the highly experienced altruistic survivors (and not to forgot the toxic survivors). The perks I try to choose it Thana, Pain resonance, BBQ & Chili, and Gift of Pain. What perks and loadouts would you recommend? And what styles of gameplay do you recommend for this beauty of a killer?

Comments

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,594

If you want some pro advice, you should check some streamer's guide on Youtuve. (e.g. Otzdarva, Tru3ta1ent, ...)

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866
    edited April 2022

For Pinhead, a common mistake players do is cast a gateway and wait to shoot the chain. You don’t want to do this. Get in the habit of casting the gateway and immediately shooting the chain. Also, the box spawns at the furthers point from all 5 players so Lethal Pursuer is a great choice if you want to go for that play style.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,440

Ok first of all you have to train your m1 killer skills, so id recomend playing pig for a while, shes is the definition of m1 gameplay, or fake pallets freddy which is more fun imo and helps you get aquanted to camera placement after teleports.

After you have your m1 fundamentals trained you can pretty much start to get more value out of pinhead's power, try to shot the chain basically 1 cm behind their back or in front of them and learn the box spawns, some content creators have guides for this last point, hope this helps.

• ThaneKrios33
    ThaneKrios33 Member Posts: 5

Thank you so much for this advice I will be sure to practice more with the basics of this killer, and through using other m1 killers.

• InvadeGames
    InvadeGames Member Posts: 415
    edited April 2022

personally for pin head(imo) dont bother using his hook ability. you miss and lose distance. you hit and you probably wont even gain distance as you stop moving when using it and surv doesnt. I just ignore it all together and let chain hunts do the work. just be prepared to start breaking alot of pallets.

I feel pig requires the 30% quicker m1 to make her usable but thats just me. and i think her brown addons are best. 30 percent quicker crouch is really powerful or helpful to move between gens faster yet also stealth. I love her, but Winning is not my thing with her haha

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,220
    edited April 2022

For your build, I'd swap out Gift Of Pain and Thana for Corrupt Intervention and Bamboozle. Pinhead's strength is his passive slowdown, but he doesn't necessarily spread pressure to the point that you'll get consistent Thana value. His weakest tiles are jungle gyms, so the time saved with Bamboozle is going to come out ahead of the Thana value in a typical game. Corrupt gives you more time to build up your pressure early in the game.

Your goal with the chain is to hit the survivor at the furthest point from the pallet at a tile. So picture a standard long wall/short wall. You want to hit the survivor when they're at the end of the long side. They won't have time to make the pallet. That principle applies at any pallet. Bamboozle also allows you to get some cheeky hits by hitting the chain as they vault, then following them through the window as they're slowed by the chain. Don't go for super long range snipes. You won't gain distance. Short to medium range shots than can realistically lead to M1s only.

Edit: one other technique for jungle gyms if the survivor has the window side and you have Bamboozle- flick your red stain around a bit until the survivor passes the back side of the window. Time your vault right as they're passing the window and IMMEDIATELY turn and cast your portal. You're going to have to be quick and precise here. If you hit the chain you can usually land and M1 right as they reach the pallet unless they hit a frame-perfect Dead Hard. This doesn't work without Bamboozle. The vault is too slow.

I prefer chain hunt and lament configuration solve time add ons. The solve time add ons let you immediately follow hooking with box teleports. That's hyper efficient.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

Not sure what's good on Pinhead these days tbh, ever since his addon nerfs I went on a break and I have yet to figure him out again.

I used to like keeping up pressure with Hoarder, but now I'm back to using my classic build aka starstruck, agitation, bbq and pain resonance. I feel like his aura addon and his impaling wire pairs well with this. Good for keeping exposed survivors in place.