Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is there a way to extract the text information from DBD? I want to create build generator

Hi guys,

I know, there are a lot of build generators out there but since I'm studying software development I'd like to create one myself. Just trying to add fun to studying you know?

I know that I'll need all the killer's powers, killer/survivor perks, add-ons list, and description texts from within the game so I won't need to type everything again. Is there a way to extract it from the game? or the only option would be copying from the wiki pages everything manually?

I remember a tool to extract from Overwatch where you could extract media files from the game itself. Is there anything that'd allow me to browse and extract the content for DBD as well?

Just to avoid typing or copying and pasting, avoiding human error while creating data for the forms.

Answers

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768

Well, pretty much anything you might need text-wise can be found on the official Dead by Daylight fandom wiki. From perks to biographies, from add-ons and powers to Archive writings. I wouldn't risk using third-party programs/tools with how unreliable EAC is. And I doubt there are any for this kind of thing in the first place, to be honest.