Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Would you like Devs to aquire and add this DLC to the game in the near future? PREDATOR

Krizzie
Krizzie Member Posts: 21
edited April 2022 in Polls

Predator: (with survivor Adrien Brody, if Arnold’s likeness is too costly to aquire even though it could be then sold as a humanoid skin as well for the terminator inspired killer below here. I know, might be wierd if both meet in-game, ruin immersion. If not, you are limited to Brody since you already have ”Tapp” as a likeness-survivor for the Pig)

Track: jungle with shacks and military forward camp sites or perhapse a run down city block

Power button (builds charge while in a chase, press to jump over a pallet or through a window until depleted).

Attack button is obviously going to be the twin arm blades slashing.

Ability button is to go invisible and able to see survivors auras but not able to attack/interact. (So a mix of other killers) and as a bonus, the kill by your own hand would be the classic skull and spine rip...

Lots of skin possibilities here with all the different Predators and hybrids (AVP 1+2) etc from the franchise, not to mention making female ones.

(Survivor’s perks would enable to:

1. automatically activate 10sec of not moaning or screaming when within 15, 10, 5m of the killer while in the injured state, but comes with a 60 sec cooldown afterwards -”Don’t breathe”
  2. when the killer is near invisible or affected by the undetectable perk/add on, spotting and tracking them with an active button reveals their aura to all survivors within 24m for 3, 4, 5sec -”I see you”
  3. the killer does not hear/sense any struggle/wiggle after a pick-up, but the bar does fill up undetected at a 5, 10, 15%faster rate giving a higher chance of a surprise escape if killer takes it easy/relaxed -”Play dead”)

Would you like Devs to aquire and add this DLC to the game in the near future? PREDATOR 12 votes

Yes, I would buy this!
25%
Scary_Punk_GhostMarc_123Krizzie 3 votes
No, not interested
50%
F60_31GlamourousLeviathanIsJustMeDBDVultureSmoeYuiMain 6 votes
Maybe with changes
25%
Seiko300ValikChiky 3 votes

Comments

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,535
    Yes, I would buy this!

WIth mud puddles you can use so that he can´t see you with his heat vision :-)

I would take that.

• Krizzie
  • Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Maybe with changes

I'd totally change this.

I think the Predator needs to have a greater Dynamic that makes them more deadly while also being similar to killers such as Plague, Meyers, and Oni - which have a slow early game but can snowball if given an edge.

~

In my opinion, the Predator should have a power that is based on how many skulls they have acquired through the match - up to 5.

Skulls are aquired through Moris.

When the trial begins, there are 5 survivor bots that spawn alongside the normal survivors. These bots look like Vietnam soldiers. They cannot be carried by the killer or hooked. They will repair generators at 5% speed and flee in chase (Repairing with allies does not slow their repair speed). They do not throw pallets unless to save another survivor and only vault. Upon being injured, the bots suffer from the Broken status for the remainder of the trial. While in the Dying state, these bots can be killed by your hand, collecting a skull. The bots will attempt to heal downed survivors and will stay near them while they are being carried. They will not save a survivor from the hook, but will try to heal an idle survivor if they are injured.

The predator begins every trial cloaked. The cloak is not perfect while moving and has a notable refraction.

0 Skulls – Cloak is the innate ability of the Predator. After channeling for 2 seconds, the predator cloaks himself. Interacting with any object causes him to uncloak – but preforming a basic attack doesn’t. When a basic attack is landed in cloak, The predator uncloaks during the animation. When uncloaked, the ability has a 30 second cooldown. While cloaked, the Predator’s lunge attack is diminished. They can uncloak at will, but will have reduced speed for the 2 second channel. The killer has 5% slower movement speed while cloaked.

1 Skull – Jump. The predator unlocks the ability to jump, straight up to 4 meters or so – enough to climb hills. This has a cooldown of 3 seconds.

2 Skulls – IR Vision & Blaster Cannon. The predator gains IR vision which tints the world in teal, and highlights survivors in red. This can be toggled on and off at will. The ability button changes from cloak to the Blaster Cannon. While held, the ability channels for 6 seconds, killer movement speed decreased by 75%, the survivor nearest to the center of the screen is targeted. When they are targeted, and audio and visual indicator shows that the ‘melee’ button will shoot a plasma bolt – which will travel the distance in a split second. When hit, the survivor is instantly put into the Dying state. After firing, the cannon has a 30 second cooldown. When out of line-of-sight, a survivor RAPIDLY loses the lock.

3 Skulls – Enhanced Gauntlet. the Predator’s dagger like gauntlets elongate. His basic attacks and lunges have much further reach

4 Skulls - Enhanced Cloak. The cooldown is reduced to 10 seconds and hitting a survivor refreshes the cooldown. The killer is no longer slowed while cloaked.

5 Skulls – Blaster Cannon upgrade. Movement speed while being used is increased (-25%), channel time is reduced to 4 seconds, and the cooldown is reduced to 10 seconds.

The killer has an alright ability to begin with - a nice cloak that can land some good hits on unwary survivors. Survivors begin the game with a lot more pressure on objectives and gain a lot of assistance to circumvent regression perks.

But if the killer spends the time to ignore survivor players and cut down bots to spend even more time to mori them and collect skulls - they can turn into arguably the most powerful killer in the game.

Being able to put a survivor into the dying state after keeping sight on them for 4.5 seconds may be incredibly strong, but considering that a killer will have to spend upwards of 3 minutes hunting bots to achieve this means that survivors have plenty of time to escape before this, and have more than enough opportunities to slow the killer's progress as they utilize the bots to their best advantage.

~

• Krizzie
    Yes, I would buy this!

Very cool. Lots of inventive ways to use the Predator and make for interesting challenges. I don’t know how the game would run with such a high AI-bot system running parallell to five survivors but sure, it’s maybe possible. As it would make for fun trial as the killer, I don’t know if playing as a survivor against him would be as fun, mostly due to having to compete with bots for all the BP they would snag up repairing stuff, dropping pallets and taking protection hits and healing folks. Other than that it could work in some form, but I’ll leave it to the experts howto implement it well.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437
    No, not interested

There's already a 4 v1 predator game.

DBD isn't about gunplay.

• Marc_123
    Yes, I would buy this!

...predators - Coincidence?

Sadly i think, yes.

• Krizzie
    Yes, I would buy this!

Now I am curious what is up though, haha, funny timing!

• Krizzie
    Yes, I would buy this!

You are absolutely right, I just tecently found out about it as well and had written this draft by then, and regarding gunplay, there are elements of that with the Slinger killer, but sure, not the sane thing. I never added that in my suggestion, but I enjoy seeing other takes on the subject, even if just for fun.

• Marc_123
    Yes, I would buy this!

He has his blades.

But his 3 dot aim would be really cool. In Predator 2 he has a disc and a spear. You could make a Huntress or Trickster like thingy. It is already in the game.