Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Would you like Devs to aquire and add this DLC to the game in the near future? THE THING

Krizzie
Krizzie Member Posts: 21

The Thing: (Survivor Kurt Russel or the prequel cast, if it’s more cost-efficient I guess, but I prefer Kurt).

Track: remote snow & storm covered arctic research station, either american or norvegian.

Power button would be to prowl undetected and tag, much like the Ghostface does, but instead of being Marked, the survivor would be Assimilated, and the killer would look like them for 30, 45, 60sec but not be able to run, attack or interact with objects and begin to stand out more and more. After X amount of seconds it would mutate back to it’s deformed humanoid lump of heads/limbs and the killers terror radious would sound just as they were being able to hit (as their red stain re-appears). This would mess with survivors heads a lot but hopefully they would find it fun! Like a monstruous infiltrator causing some paranoia...

Little bit of Among Us vibe there.

The attack button would be a type of extendable limb with a mouth at the end, filled with rows of fangs.

Special ability button would allow it to enter a locker, once for every survivor hooked, and act like a trap while it’s terror radius would circle around that area. A survivor opening that locker would not immediately be snatched up, but the Thing would be able to chase them with a close range starting point. This would further fuel the paranoia. Offer no piece of mind.

Special kill would be to turn into an anaconda-like giant mouth of churning fangs that chew across the downed survivor.

(Survivor’s perks would enable to:

1. craft a molotov that stuns the killer 2, 3, 4 sec with a perk that only activates each time after being hooked, so you can only make a total of two by pressing the active ability button while inside a locker -”Kill it with fire!”
  2. when encountering another survivor you find suspicious, this perk can be activated by pressing and holding the active ability button in the direction of that survivor. Unlike the pointing action already present in the game, this would be a continuous finger litterally aimed at that survivor. If they are the killer, the mutation process will star after their aura turns pink, within 3sec. Once actively being pointed at, the killer can’t trigger a change any faster but can try to walk closer/away -”A closer look”
  3. has a 15, 25, 35% chance to loot a flare from chests with thick-smoke that lasts 5sec and erases scratchmarks within a 5, 10 and 15m radious as well as blocks any aura reading ability if the killer is inside of it -”Smokescreen”)

Would you like Devs to aquire and add this DLC to the game in the near future? THE THING 9 votes

Yes, I would buy this
66%
Seiko300F60_31IlliterateGenocideSmoeKrizzieChiky 6 votes
No, not interested
22%
GlamourousLeviathanValik 2 votes
Maybe with changes
11%
Aurelle 1 vote

Comments

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    No, not interested

The Thing is my favorite movie of all time.

I do not think this IP is a good fit for the DbD universe like many, many others are.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016
    Yes, I would buy this

Depends how they do it. They would have to deviate from the source material tho.