Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

*removed by popular demand*

Krizzie
Krizzie Member Posts: 21
edited April 2022 in Polls

No longer a valid poll (plus it glitched and never worked). Sry.

Failed to load the poll.
Post edited by Krizzie on

Comments

• Chad246emr
    Chad246emr Member Posts: 17

Says failed to load poll for some reason on my end, but my vote would be ‘no’. Call me a traditionalist when it comes to how I like my horror, but this is a horror game and, even with a scary looking design for the killer, I wouldn’t find Alice in Wonderland to be that scary of a chapter. The trickster’s addition actually already irked me because instead of being chased around my a monster / mass murderer from a genuine horro franchise, I was being chased by a giggling skinny dude who looked like he just came from a circuit party.

• IsJustMe
    IsJustMe Member Posts: 436

NO!!!!

What is next Brother Grim or Micky Mouse?

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

well. Someone didn’t read the Tricksters lore. He is an original created killer that in fact is a psychopathic serial killer.

it’s just the flashy colors (that fit the lore greatly and makes the killer stand out) that you don’t like. Or how is Wraith okay as a killer when Trickster isn’t?

also, I haven’t played it myself but isn’t Alice: Madness Returns a horror game that’s pretty well received as horror?

• Krizzie

Well, there is a DLC for old fairy tales in the game already. Sure, just cosmetics, like the Gretel outfit for Meg, but I was thinking that it would be made in a much darker and sinister tone. I can easy peasy make a horror story about an ex carnie going postal with a huge f-ed up mouse head on. It’s called imagination. Like a psycho DeadMaus etc. Either way. Pole was a dud/not working so I have taken it down. Thanks for your feedback though, truly.

• Chad246emr
    Chad246emr Member Posts: 17

I mean the wraith is legit a monster that can turn invisible, so, as a result, much more scary.

Trickster lore is great or whatever, I did read it, but a couple paragraphs of backstory don’t make him look or feel scary when in game. Yeah the colors and such make him stand out, but he stands out because he’s wearing neon colors and fishnets in a survival horror game where the rest of the killers are actually dark and horrifying, and he’s not. He stands out because he’s not scary, haha.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

I wouldn’t call Wraith a monster? He is pretty boring and as i said, Trickster fills another concept of scary - the one that could actually be real and is for others way more scary than dude who can turn invisible. and in-game, after a few matches literally no killer is scary anymore anyways.

• Krizzie

Legion is a dude in a hoodie, and ofcourse, just to mess with you buddy, I have to mention that I run him with the Silent Hill Rabbit outfit, and anyone who has played and watched horror will still run like hell when he’s chasing them with blood on his mouth and knife. So I guess it’s a favorite flavour thing, but I do know what you mean, some killers are darker and therefore more spooky. But in no way does DBD scare me at any point. It can get exciting and exhillerating, but I don’t scare easy at all. So for me it’s about the cat and mouse, the perks, the fun and glory of wiping out a team or dodging a killer. Just mho.

• MetaBuildSurvivor
    MetaBuildSurvivor Member Posts: 61

DBD is horror? I wouldn't really call it horror. There's very little horror genre in the game to begin with.

No atmosphere, suspense, no jumpscares (except ones every 100 games when you meet a decent hag). There's legit no scary moment in this game. All it has is a 'brutal' killer chasing you slowly with a kitchen knife. I would argue Alice in Wonderland is more horror filled than the entire game that is DBD. Let's be real for a moment.