Why is there even a complaint about NOED?

13»

Comments

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,548

Changing the definition is what you do when you don't have facts.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

Well, killers say it’s not ok when 3 gens get finished when you hook the first Surv.

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838

Your point? The whataboutism does not work here.

Killers are stating they have very little time to attempt their objective, and have to play 'sweaty' and get insulted by angry babies. Survivors are stating Killers have lost because 5 gens popped, and game balance should change to fit their made-up rule.

These things are not the same. So you want to try again?

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 1,005

they have to blame something for losing a match, don't they?

• dictep

Half of your posts are about .. survs don’t win yet when 5 gens are done. And same happens when surv do 3 gen at first hook

• AngyKiller

Again; pointing out that 3/6ths (1/2; 5 gens + exit gate) of the Survivor's objectives pop in the FIRST CHASE out of at least 4 is not making up fake rules.

Commenting 'gens go too fast' is an opinion on gen speeds. I am not, in any way, saying either side won or lost.

Saying 'This is OP because 5 gens popping is basically losing' is trying to create a fake rule and enforce it.

But all your own posts are so Survivor-sided that it's clear you're unable to ever see anything from the Killer point of view. I now remember I stopped talking to you because you were unwilling to ever see anything in this game other than 'Survivors need buffs because they deserve it, and Killers are OP forever.'

So I'll resume not replying to you. Good day.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

I think the only issue with the perk is that it feels FREE.

The killer does not need to play around the perk, earn it, or play around it.

Perks like Save The Best For Last can give a good buff - but command a player's playstyle.

Pop Goes The Weasel and Pain Resonance are good perks, but killers must be intentional to make sure these perks find use.

Even strong Hex perks like Ruin and Devour can be cleansed at points in the match.

NOED is completely free and a total surprise.

It does not reward bad killer behavior because it is incapable of rewarding at all. It has no stylings to reward. It is just a free insta-down perk.

Not saying that it's bad or OP. I think it can be looked at to make it more grounded.

However, I feel that survivors find the perk unreasonable in its 'counter'. They just seem to think that the payoff is equal to the 0 cost nature that the perk holds.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

If you dont care for game balance, dont complain about everything that survivors can do. And stop talking that your reliant to do this. Thats just plainly wrong. Youre just promoting this bahaviour cause some shortminded people just take this for real even its wrong.

• AngyKiller

It's not 'free' and it's not '0 cost'.

The perk, literally, requires Survivor input. Survivors should LOVE NoED because it's a Killer perk THEY 100% CONTROL.

But Survivors don't know what they want; They hate mindlessly holding M1 on a generator. NoED makes them do bones instead. 'Nooooooo! I want to just hold M1 on a generator!'

Survivors decide if NoED procs.

Survivors decide if NoED stays up if it happens to proc.

Survivors decide to stay in a match with NoED instead of leaving through the gates (because they want that hook save).

NoED is literally a Survivor-controlled perk, but they are too lazy to do bones. So instead, they whine it's 'free' and 'no skill'. They invent fake rules like 'basically lost because 5 gens popped'.

Because they whine 'Mindlessly holding M1 is boring', then mald when things like NoED are created to give them an objective that takes them off gens.

But it is not free or 0 cost. It's just Survivor input that they refuse to do, then cry that they got punished for ignoring it.

• dictep

Yes , I’m a surv main, but you won’t see a comment asking for killer nerfs (aside removing noed). I only want something for survs, because we haven’t see anything good in 4 years that wasn’t nerfed, and I play less and less every day

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,486

Well simply because it's rewards playing badly. And if the exposed status is not enough it also gives movement speed increase. I have went AFK whole match before all gens were done and killed everyone so it's overpowered but well survivors also has second chanse perks. Well ds was reworked thought and requires skill to use so maybe somekind of rework could be done to noed as well. Good survivors will cleanse it immediatelly thought so it's high risk high reward but still quarantees almost always 1-2 kills.

• AngyKiller

Well simply because it's rewards playing badly.

Again; this is BS. How come a Killer planning for the end game is 'playing badly'? Who decided that? Survivors; the salty people who have every reason to want the perk changed so they can ignore it.

It's a view that originated from a biased mindset that half the community decided to embrace as truth. But it's wrong. 5 gens popping means N O T H I N G. Not 'failure'. Not 'playing badly'. Not 'basically winning/losing'. Not whatever else BS people want to invent.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

By the devs logic if 3 or all 4 survivors are dead/down and can't escape that means the survivor side lost

2 kills means a tie

1 kill means survivors win

So demo is correct when they said that the survivors have lost

• Valik

You know what I mean.

Saving the survivors cleanse each and every totem in the entire match and/or witness the hex totem spawn the instant the final generator is done ... saving the INCREDIBLY RARE circumstances - you bring this perk, it fires up.

The only real 'cost' is not having a perk slot during the main match, and the very remote risk that the perk does not activate at all.

In truth, it isn't all that big of a deal.

But killers themselves do not need to do anything in particular to 'earn' the perk or 'efficiently' use it.

It's just there. Best of times, worst of times.

Corrupt Intervention is similar. You bring the perk, it does its thing if you like it or not. No 'counterplay' or 'using it well' - it just is. The killer does not need to invest in the perk anything but the slot.

It is, in this sense, a 0 cost perk. Once you bring it, you forget about it and play as if it doesn't exist. The only cost it has is its own perk slot.

Survivors have counterplay, yes. But I believe that their frustrations are not about the perk itself being broken or unbalanced, but that it may - in some cases - feel as though there is more reward than risk 99% of the time. Which I disagree with, but I believe that is a major part of their sentiment.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

One single truth, overwhelming amount of survivors suck at this game, killers are like that too but it's still it's order of magnitude worse for survivors.

• Valik

I don't quite understand where you're coming from. I can't detect your tone through the text alone, are you being serious or sarcastic with me?

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,465

NOED is not a Condom. It can not prevent pregnancy or protect from STIs.