Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Premonition Definition

Valik
Valik Member Posts: 1,274

Premonition is so low on the perk totem pole it might as well be pushing up daisies.

I have never seen this perk taken outside of meme loadouts and challenge builds.

Seriously, this perk has so much that it can do - but what should it do?

It's gotta be a useful information perk - a compliment to the indirect information of Spine Chill, so how do we accomplish this outside of the obvious and criminally outdated Fergie reference for a title?

The sky is the limit with this one, so here are only a few suggestion that can hopefully get some imaginations stirring.

What kind of Makeover should we give Premonition?

Premonition Definition 8 votes

After looking in the direction of the Killer, gain a 3/6/9% buff for 10 seconds. This perk cannot be activated in chase. If a chase begins while this perk is already active, the bonus doubles.
0%
Whenever the Killer is effected by Haste, their aura is revealed to you.
12%
_kostas_pap_207 1 vote
While within the Killer's terror radius, landing a Great Skill Check will reveal the Killer's aura and hide your from their sight for 2/4/6 seconds.
25%
FilthyLegionMainGarlicRice 2 votes
When a Survivor within 8 meters of you is in chase with the Killer, see the Killer's aura.
0%
The Killer's heartbeat is directional and becomes more specific the closer they become. This perk is disabled in chase and returns 30/20/10 seconds after.
37%
MrsJukesGazgemauchtaah 3 votes
Thanks, but I don't particularly like any of these options.
25%
GibberishHanzo_Hasashi7 2 votes

Comments

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148
    While within the Killer's terror radius, landing a Great Skill Check will reveal the Killer's aura and hide your from their sight for 2/4/6 seconds.

Although these other ideas are interesting, the 3rd has to be my favorite since it grants benefits to those that are able to hit great skillchecks.

• _kostas_pap_207
    _kostas_pap_207 Member Posts: 453

At the 1st one you write this perk can't be activated in a chase. But you also when it's active and you are in a chase the bonusses are doubled. You mean for the remain of the time that is left? + I think that with no cooldown this perk can be kinda of overpowered. (I think)

At the 2nd one you mean until the haste is gone?

The 5th one is meh. And can you give an example of it?

• Valik

I can't edit the writing, but it's meant to be an action speed buff.

You're not usually going to initiate a chase and get on an objective within 10 seconds of seeing the killer - so the perk is situational if you want to start a chase and finish a 98% gen, but is primarily useful for getting a 18% faster vault once the chase starts.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. So long as the killer is under its affects. Which means you instantly know if they have NOED and would see them during the end game.

Sure!

You're on a generator and you hear heartbeat. Instead of hearing it omnidirectionally, it tells you that the killer is on your left.

As it draws closer, you begin to understand that the killer - while you cannot see them - is probably coming around the wall, simply because the direction of the audio is very close and you can determine where they are coming from.

If you lose the killer in chase, though, you hear their terror radius omnidirectionally until you're out of the loop for a few breaths.

If the killer is 32-24 meters away, you only know the vague direction they are approaching from (Left, Right, Behind, etc.) but when they are very close (within 16m) you basically have audio wallhacks. If you have a good headset, you can tell exactly which way the killer is moving on the other side of a wall - but the second chase starts, you're going to have to wait until you're stealthy again to find use out of it again.

• _kostas_pap_207
    _kostas_pap_207 Member Posts: 453

Ok. That's very useful I think for killers that play a lot of mindagmes or other stuff like this before they start a chase.

Thx for explaining

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061
    Thanks, but I don't particularly like any of these options.

There is nothing wrong with Premonition, hell, it used to be meta in the really early days.

The problem is power creep. Nerf the absurdly busted top-level perks and the game's perk variety will get a lot healthier.

• Valik

I'd love to hear more about what the community thinks of this perk.