Why does the rift have to end 1 month before a new one releases?

Options

title,dont know if its exactly one month but it sure feels like 1-2

Comments

• InsaneCoaster
    InsaneCoaster Member Posts: 305
    Options

I guess to build hype. If it were just rift after rift after rift it wouldn't feel as exclusive and time-limited. Plus they take time to prepare of course.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

I don't know, but this is the time BHVR should be doing their balancing tests-- when nobody is preoccupied with another objective and potentially throwing games just to finish them. Then get that data and adjust the challenges as needed. That would be quite a task though.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

They should go Rift - Event - Rift - Event. I think that would keep players interested, and beat a lot of the grind.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

I can avoid playing for a month.

I can see the doctor for stress levels and see it improve before beginning the cycle again

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768
    Options

Please let us recharge our batteries so we don't go insane playing this misery simulator

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

After I completed the reckoning I have always took and appreciated the break in between.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    Options

Yeah, even though it's only $10, I always feel pressure to play more than I otherwise would so I don't "waste" any of the rift, even if I don't really need to.

One thing I would like to see is banking rift fragments. I mean if you're going to pay for the next rift regardless, is BHVR losing anything by letting us keep those fragments and apply them to the next one? If you don't buy the next one, they also lose nothing, you only earn those rewards if you pay at some point.

And let's be honest, the free rift rewards suck.

I just hate that by finishing up the Tome (you don't even have to max it to have a surplus of fragments) in a timely fashion, you earn a ton of fragments that just disappear.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,769
    Options

While banking Rift Fragments would be nice, I can't see them ever allowing it. After all, players can pay to unlock Rift tiers, and that benefits BHVR a lot more than the measly $10 the Rift costs, especially since you can cycle the same $10 through every Rift. (I only paid for the first Rift. After that, I just keep cycling the same Auric Cells because I always get to tier 70. I would not purchase the Rift otherwise.)

This is also why I don't think they'd ever permanently extend the amount of time for which the Rift is open. It greatly benefits them if a lot of people can't complete the Rift and instead pay to unlock tiers.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    Options

Fair enough - I hadn't considered that people actually pay to unlock tiers. Maybe I am missing something, but the value there seems, uh, not good.

I almost always use the cells I earn in the rift to buy other stuff, and consider them surplus value. Like I can earn all the rewards in the rift, then spend the cells I earn there to buy items I would not otherwise spend actual money on (like $10-15 single cosmetic sets, which are grossly overpriced).

I feel like the rift is the only thing approaching actual fair value when it comes to paid DBD content, and the fact that I can earn everything in the rift via game play and come out with extra cells is the key there. .