Simple Boon Balancing Suggestion

I've seen a lot of ideas about how to balance boons so I thought I'd take a shot at it. Most ideas are about the killer destroying the boon totem but boons are too different from hexes to have the same counterplay. My idea is simple, every time a boon is snuffed by the killer the time it takes to bless a totem doubles. The survivors now take more time if they want to bless another totem but still have the option to. Also strategy comes into play as which totems should be blessed.

The extra time from snuffing boons can also discourage survivors from blessing other totems seeing it as a waste of time. If survivors want to boon again they need to weigh the risk of using up valuable time blessing totems vs just focusing on gens.

Another thing to think about with this is it can open up another killer strategy. If most of the survivors have more than one boon perk then a killer can essentially shut down most of their loadouts depending on how many boon perks they have. There needs to be more of a purpose when it comes to snuffing boons.

Comments

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Doubling the blessing time every time a killer snuffs is ridiculous. No one who isn’t throwing the match is going to spend 28 seconds to set up a 24m 2% speed boost. Just put the boon perks on a reasonable cool down when snuffed.

• Lastchild
    Lastchild Member Posts: 333

Suggestions for changing Boons :

- Cooldown : 30 seconds.

- 2 Usage tokens.