If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

What was your moment when you got accused of cheating...?

Options

What was your funniest moment when you got accused of cheating, but it came out to be just the opposite side not understanding a perk/game mechanic. Also if you can, explain your misunderstanding too, so future people who will read it, may get a chance to learn something new.

I'll start:

I got accused of cheats, because when playing Doctor, I found multiple people hiding in lockers that my illusionary Doctors were staring at.

Illusionary Doctors look your way, and Doctor can see them. So if you're trying to hide from Doc, try to avoid the line of sight of his clones too. It's not Hag's clone, they don't follow your position :D

Also Mad Grit. People remember this perk only for fast attacking. Please read full perk description before you throw your salt at the killer for cheating your wiggle bar ;-;

Comments

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890
    Options

Leprose Lichen gets me called a wallhacker a lot. "How did you just know where I was???"

• PlaysByShady
    PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590
    Options

Been accused many times of wall hacks thanks to aura reading perks, etc. I stream rarely, so was able to capture the moment on one occasion when someone was convinced there was no way I should know where they were, and no amount of explaining how BBQ works would satisfy them

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited April 2022
    Options
  • Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 807
    Options

okay, that was entertaining LMAO.

Sad thing is that i would probably fall for Head on too, since it's Jane lmao. But DC over it, that's a first

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

Was accused a few weeks ago of using an automatic dead hard hack.

Otherwise I was accused of wall hacks before as killer because I heard someone throw a wall (heard the grass move).

• DbD_Enjoyer
    DbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 459
    Options

M&A + Nurses Calling on Nurse = Good old wallhacks :P

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

I don't know if it was a full on accusation of hacking... but I had a Survivor questioning how I knew they were hidden behind a rock... and I was Legion in Frenzy after a hit. Killer Instinct bro.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,734
    Options

believe it or not I've been called a cheater before just because I predicted a killers mindgames

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

I have lost track of the number of times I was accused of hacking because I was using Lightborn.

No, I am cheating. I just hate your stupid beamers and I love the look of panic when I run right at you and clobber you in the face as you wonder why it is not working.

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148
    Options

Found super faint scratch marks and a crow flying just as I saw the marks as legion. Found them in a locker and they accused me right after the game ended. They were FURIOUS.

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500
    Options

SBMM gave me a 70 hour killer (I'm at 1.6k) playing Bubba, that I managed to loop for the last 3 gens and stun quite a few times since he was very inexperienced. He accused me of cheating "because you hit me with every pallet!".

I also played against a killer recently that got hit validated three times and accused me of hacking, even though on my screen, they were simply greedy swings that missed. Also, funnily enough they downed me once, so they should have known better.

• Wampirita
    Options

I never thought I would see a need to explain a BBQ for anyone :v It's like the most common aura perk in existence

• Wampirita
    Options

Hard to admit, but I'm guilty of that XD I didn't know about it for a long time

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,712
    Options

Most recently I had people that didn't know that distortion doesn't block legions killer instinct.

And my all time favorite is playing Demogorgon. So many people really think bhvr took them from when the license endet

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,403
    Options

I got accused of having aimbot on Huntress because I did a good shot, while being on console btw.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,747
    Options

I got called a wallhacker for finding someone 5 seconds into the match

I was using Lethal Pursuer and was playing Artist

• XerraFox
    XerraFox Member Posts: 157
    Options

When I walked out of the exit gate with a bear trap on my head (which wasn't active)

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,734
    Options

There's been 3 instances where I've been accused of hacking on legion because I found them with killer instinct keep in mind these people had 1000+ hours so I don't know if they were trolling or genuinely had no idea how it works

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,521
    Options

Had retribution on my huntress and found him hiding behind a tree as blendette

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

Iron Will w/ Lucky Break but I think it was just a contributing factor. My friend was the one who was explicitly called out. Funny thing is my friend was brand spanking new to the game.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,307
    Options

I got accused with non-descript “hacking” because I heard and smacked a Meg behind me when I picked up a Jane.

”Dont need to say anything, we know”

Me: “?”

[…]

”How did you know I (Meg) was there?”

Me: “Your feet. They make noise.”

And then they went on to Megsplain that Meg is one of the quietest survivors.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,331
    Options

Was accused to being a Cheater when playing as Billy because I knew where one Survivor was. He just was on BBQ and was pretty new to the game (SWF with two viewers, at least one of them probably brought him into my game, this was with Rank-based Matchmaking).

And I got accused of being a Hacker by a Blight, because I had 0 Friends on my Steam Profile, 0 Games on Steam, no profile picture and a Level 0-Steam Account and yet had a full Perk Loadout on my Survivor. Telling him that my Steam Profile is private and that this is the reason he cannot see my games etc. did not help...

• AlkaloidssOP
    AlkaloidssOP Member Posts: 254
    Options

I got called a hacker when using Lightborn against 4 man SWF with flashlights. They kept trying to blind me, their Kate even ran directly into me and tried to flashlight me from point blank range as I was picking up her friend. And got downed because of that.

They just couldn't comprehend that it was a perk.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

Agitation and Mad Grit both seems to have a tendency to cause confusion.

• Wampirita
    Options

I've seen legions being screamed at for that so many times XD Their power isn't THAT hard to understand

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,658
    Options

My brother gets accused of cheating a lot, probably enhanced by the fact that he usually uses his L3 meg. He is simply a Hope enjoyer and there have been countless killers telling him he is using subtle speed cheats in end game chat which is always funny.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869
    Options

I got accused of hacking by a new player (I assume) who went around the map cleansing my hex totems, but apparently they kept "regenerating"

Had to explain that's how plaything and pentimento work.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Anytime I win I get accused of cheating.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,056
    Options

I was just accused of cheating a couple days ago because I looked down while this survivor tired to flashlight blind me.

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,025
    Options

I am rarely accused of cheating. But when it happens, I'm mostly accused of wall hacking and speed hacking (especially on Nurse). I take that as a compliment :D

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,222
    Options

I once got accused of cheating by a Steve after I Mori'd him as Legion, despite never having seen him the entire match. Though, after I explained how Rancor works and his friends backed me up, he was like "oh wow, that's cool"

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,782
    Options

"lmao imagine cheating in a party game reported how about you get a life instead of hacking in dbd?"

He startled a crow

• PlaysByShady
    PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590
    Options

Yes... but if this particular survivor was to be believed, it doesn't work through walls, and it doesn't work across the map either 🤔

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,049
    Options

Playing pre-work Freddy with class photo made me into a hacker according to a player.

• catkillsmouse
    catkillsmouse Member Posts: 244
    Options

Got accused of cheating cause the survivors had massive lag turns out it was someone lag switching and he was furious that he lost calling me names and such. Was pretty funny to read his angry texts.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,749
    Options

Scratched mirror Mikey on Lery's. These two survivors could not understand how I always knew where they were so they thought I was hacking somehow. On console no less.