What's the reason for survivors never getting meta perks anymore?

Options
Piruluk
Piruluk Member Posts: 995

Extremely niche perks/very situational ones they get since years.

If by some miracle the perk is usable(boil over buff/CoH) then the perk nerfed into ground in matter of days/weeks.

I fully expect perks like: if you unhook a survivor you get 1 token, consume one token to upgrade good skillchecks into great ones.

Or: drop a pallet, you get 1sec 150% speed, after that you exhausted.

Comments

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,173
    Options

A perk need to be better than DH , DS to be a new meta.

Despite I want DS , BT as basekit for survivor (with Killer has some basekit slowdown Gen perks of course). Any perk thats better than the meta would be broken.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252
    Options
  • I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,149
    edited April 2022
    Options

What are they gonna add that can replace the overpowered perks that exist already? I don't think anything they add is gonna top a perk that literally lets your entire team self care with no penalty. The current survivor meta is so strong that nothing they could add would ever get used. Like what could they possibly add that would beat out DS, Dead Hard, Circle, Unbreakable, etc? There's already an extremely powerful perk for every situation.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options
  • TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

So I guess you didn't see the problem that if paired with diversion, it was completely convincing for the killer to go search a completely different area of the map if it was in the middle of a chase, then commiting and getting the down

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,213
    Options
  • GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Niche, very situational, or more often than not.. negligible.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

I guess because perks that are too strong are almost certainly going to be abused and survivors will find ways to make them broken that the devs never thought of. It creates a lot of headaches and reworking to fix the unintended consequences, or it makes the community angry if they nerf them into the ground.

For this reason I only ever level up David, Bill, Jake and Meg (in that order) on my alt accounts as I feel that even to this day you only need their perks for an absolute tank meta build with WGLF to speed up the process.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,412
    Options

Until they actually lower the power level of the current survivor meta perks nothing is going to make it into their meta unless it is also way over powered. They actually already have a lot of decently good perks that just get overshadowed by the current ones.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,192
    Options

Just take a moment to browse a few pages of the general discussions and you'll know exactly why

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

It is the default meta perk I am guaranteed to see in every game. Every other meta perk MIGHT not appear, but that one 100% will. So if you wanna uproot it, you gotta top it.

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

• BreadLord
    BreadLord Member Posts: 274
    Options

What can u make that is stronger than unbreakable to get you up, what can you make that is stronger than dead hard to extend a chase, what can u make that is stronger than borrowed time to counter camping, what can u make that is stronger than ds to counter tunneling. All these perks are already made and none will top them

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Just a correction: Borrowed Time does nothing to counter camping. It gives a brief 12-second protection from tunneling off hook. Does zero to help survivors get past a camper for an unhook.

Kindred and Camaraderie are their only two anti-camping perks. Kindred just gives the info SWF already has anyway, while Camaraderie flat out sucks. So a decent Camaraderie buff could shake up the meta.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763
    Options

You mean essentially giving survivors an extra perk slot with Boons aren't enough? The entitlement is real...

• clownster2000
    clownster2000 Member Posts: 21
    Options

To me, it seems like the meta survivor perks cover pretty much all the bases for meta. Anti-Slug, Anti-Tunnel, Anti-Camp, and Pro-Loop. Those seem like they do everything meta perks for survs should. Whenever anything else has entered, i.e. Anti-Hook (Boil Over) and Anti-Being-Injured (CoH), it's turned out quite badly.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    Options

Because the survivor meta is so strong rn that a new meta perk would have to be broken, example would be circle of healing.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,125
    edited April 2022
    Options

Too many whiners on both sides that just like hearing themselves talk.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

Make all killer regression perks jolt level but pop, and you’ll see pop 100% of matches also

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

That is implying every single game has a regression perk, which it doesn't.

So, no. I don't believe you at all.

You are trying to create the faulty premise that the six meta perks everyone runs are the only perks worth running and that is just flat out untrue.