Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

It just me or does new Ghostface chase music make you feel ill?

plantera
plantera Member Posts: 30

I promise I'm not using hyperbole when I say that the new Ghostface chase music makes me feel nauseous, like I might throw up or trigger a migraine if I keep listening to it. I have tried listening to it over multiple days, but the feeling doesn't go away.

It just me or does new Ghostface chase music make you feel ill? 32 votes

I love it, actually
18%
F60_31tenoresaxAwkward_FiendFobboReverseVelocityBennett_They1Them 6 votes
The music doesn't bother me
18%
DerZuntorsyainDyingWish92BothSidesEnjoyerSmoeGodPowder 6 votes
Me too
25%
BlazelskiTeabaggingGhostfaceplanteraHitariNilOtterPommesmagicmoomanunk 8 votes
No, but I still don't prefer the music
37%
MiriamGMat_SellaMrPenguinScary_Punk_GhostValikVortexVentamyGarlicRicesizzlingmario4BarnesFlamzaw1337Stabby_AbbyDsg4041 12 votes

Comments

• plantera
    plantera Member Posts: 30
    Me too

May be of interest to folks:

"Identification of Everyday Sounds Perceived as Noise by Migraine Patients" (2019)

Authors: Tomoharu IshikawaMuneto TatsumotoKatuhiro MakiMinoru MitsuiHiroshi HasegawaKoichi Hirata

Study Objectives Sound hypersensitivity is highly comorbid with migraine headaches. To elucidate the pathogenic mechanism of migraine attacks, we must first identify the types of everyday environmental sounds they perceive as unpleasant and clarify the acoustic properties of such sounds. This study aimed to clarify the true nature of "noise," i.e. everyday sounds perceived as unpleasant by migraineurs, by evaluating their subjective comfort/discomfort in response to several sounds commonly heard in everyday life.

Methods Participants were presented with 20 environmental sounds they would likely hear daily. Subjects rated the pleasantness/unpleasantness of each stimulus using a nine-step scale.

Patients We recruited 50 adults with migraine headaches (46 women, 4 men) and 50 healthy controls (35 women, 15 men).

Results Migraineurs provided statistically significantly lower (more unpleasant) ratings to ambulance sirens, police car sirens, and railroad crossing bells than did controls. Our analysis also investigated the acoustic characteristics associated with higher rating gaps between the two groups. Greater divergence in ratings for the same stimulus was associated with less power (smaller amplitude envelope) and slower temporal variation in signals in the 400-Hz band.

Conclusion We identified specific signal components associated with different subjective (un) pleasantness scores between migraineurs and healthy adults, which may lead to the elucidation of the pathogenic mechanism underlying migraine attacks triggered by sound.

Link to Journal Article: https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/internalmedicine/advpub/0/advpub_2206-18/_article/-char/en

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

Idk if I’d go as far as to say it makes me feel ill but it definitely isn’t good.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

I can see how it could make people ill - as it sports the same sort of strange musical cues that are used in movies for 'disorientation' scenes.

It feels like the music's trying to mess up my inner ear and make me feel dizzy or nauseous.

I know this wasn't the intent, but even when I'm unbothered, the music itself still rubs me the wrong way.

• Blazelski
    Blazelski Member Posts: 351
    Me too

While I appreciate them making Legion's music into the absolute best we've had, they need to finish Ghostface's music, and revert it until they do. Clown's music is absolutely terrible to listen to while playing him, but Ghostface's is unbearable.