killers still tunnelling badly even after nerf.

2»

Comments

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

But they can still only equip 4 at maximum, so having 10+ slow down perks doesn't really mean much and a good portion doesn't even work together.

And it remains a 4 vs 1, which means 4 survivor can overcome 4 slowdown perks while killer have to fight up to 4 extra chance perks PER PERSON, meaning up to 16 extra chances.

Ah yes, the old double standard. Advocating for the average casual survivor and on the other hand using people that play this game for a living as an argument.

Either compare streamer to coordinated 4 people swf or casual vs casual. Using streamer vs casual is and was never a good argument.

And it still remains a fact that survivor, due to their higher number and the psychological effect of herd mentality are way more prone to be toxic in end game chat.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

Pressure gens, duh. If all you're doing is pressuring a single survivor, chances are you're walking away with a 1k. Not tunneling, and giving survivors a free pass isn't the same thing.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

Exactly, the idea that if killers were buffed they wouldn't camp or tunnel is outrageous.

• Jay_K
    Jay_K Member Posts: 429

Not entierly true. Some killers will go out of there way to get someone out of the game as fast as they can by tunneling purposly. By this i mean they activly ignore all other survivors in order to get the kill.

On the other hand you are correct. If the only survivor you find is the one thats just been unhooked its stupid to think that they would ignore them just beacuse its technically tunneling.

The main problem is although sometimes tunneling is a ######### playstyle when its the main focus but a lot of the time its just the only play that the killer has to make at that time.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,619

or perhaps they are tired to being tbagged at the exit gates by toxic survivors despite they played fair and being trashtalked in the endchat cause "yes, why not". i'll tell you an anedocte: i was one of the FEW killer out there who played chill with brown addons (literally a debuff for my power), but after an ENTIRE month of playing "fair" and facing people who were ungrateful dicks and disrespecting me every time without deserving it, well, my patience runs out... i made a oath yesterday: until devs won't adress the general game balance of the game and the huge amount of toxicity left unpunished, i'll start tunneling...

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

How dare Killers play efficiently

• kaneyboy
    kaneyboy Member Posts: 263

So if you get camped to death 3 games in a row you wouldn’t say that ruined your game? Huh

• Senpai_J
    Senpai_J Member Posts: 62

Ok tell me how this nerf made hit and run ok against CoH.

Anyways it’s probably a problem stemming from both sides, getting downs create wayyy more pressure than getting injures while you play with thana and if there’s CoH inplay youre forced to not spread pressure because it’s too inefficient for a 1v4, they’ll never run out of heals and they dont need to group up to heal.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210
    edited April 2022

Who even said they "buffed" Legion or GF? There're just minor changes, i wouldn't even call that a rework.

That 1 Legion addon seems to work good with NOED. And the potential down with the 5th frenzy attack is too easy to counter by just mending to 99%. Meanwhile Circle of Healing still gives them all free self-care. Good survs don't even heal vs. Legion anyway, lol.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Nope, may not have been the most possible fun, but far from ruined.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

I think game should not be changed that you have to hook everyone twice but make it worth it other than feeling you are good person. I think gens speed could go faster if there is 3 alive and still 3-4 gens left (like 10-15s faster). But then game should be slower when there is 4 survivors alive so maybe there should be secondary objectives for survivor like finding parts for the gens.

• AndyKuky
    AndyKuky Member Posts: 84

The CoH nerf was just a nerf to healing yourself, it doesn’t affect how much the perk has changed the meta of the game. It’s still broken. You can still lay a CoH down and it will get tons of use.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Here's the problem.

I actually did this for a whole month - 2 hooking everyone before killing.

It's surprisingly hard to do, because there is inevitably that one survivor who constantly runs into you despite being on their last hook (what...you want me to just ignore you?) and that one survivor who hides the second their Spine Chill lights up and you can never find them.

• Rezblaze
    Rezblaze Member Posts: 843

Its how MMR works.

The game has always went by too fast and unless you're a killer with heavy map presence, you needed either aggressive gen control perks, or you need to tunnel. MMR balances around getting one or two kills, but most games those kills come from tunneling or 'playing dirty' which the MMR doesn't account for, thus putting you in more matches where you're forced to play dirty to keep getting those one to two kills. Leaves Killer in this weird limbo state.

I've been saying this for years; early game generator progress is just too ######### fast.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

What nerf? A balance tweak that was needed is not a nerf.

• LazyClown
    LazyClown Member Posts: 171

Just run ds for the love of God. lol If you can't escape with that perk, I'm pretty sure you're just going to have to finally look in the mirror once and for all. Cause that perk influences escapes and still has a strong presence in the game.

• Kaitsja
    edited April 2022

I've played a good 300 hours as killer, 700 as survivor. Don't need to cover three gens at once. Any chase that lasts more than 35 seconds is a lost cause. Better to break off chase and patrol gens, potentially find another survivor too. Map is irrelevant.

Tunneling is easy, and if you over-commit then you're just shooting yourself in the foot. Can't really complain at that point. 🤷‍♂️

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

Well if survivor runs to you it's not tunneling and like I don't think killer should hook everyone twice every game that's ofcourse ideal but just not possible if you want to win. But I just think tunneling one survivor quickly out is wrong. I usually aim myself to hook everyone once if possible before killing first. But agains't gen rushers or good sfw tunneling/camping/slugging is only way.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,614
    edited April 2022

What nerf?

Boons are still an unlimited fifth perk with barely any downside.

Until they are somehow limited (can be destroyed, have tokens, ...) the situation will not change.

In my last few games, after the first hook and two first gens, boons are always popping. Usually there is one or two of them. CoH but also Shadow Step or Exponential. Ever tried to chase survivors with barely a track on the map?

If anything, I've decided to not even wait for the first boon to pop anymore. I tunnel from the get go now.

Boons exists : tunnel it is.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,146
  • IWantCandys
    IWantCandys Member Posts: 168

I don't think it has anything to do with COD either, whoever finds tunneling a viable strategy will continue to do so.

Of course it's more than frustrating when you're not a god at looping and therefore always get removed from the game very quickly with 2 or 3K BP.

Basically, I think this is the main problem that survivors have with tunneling. When the killer decides to tunnel you, it feels like a waste of time as you barely gain bp and lose pips. Even worse when the queues are longer than the match. If the penalties for being removed early from the match weren't as hard, I think players would be a lot less angry, frustrated, or less tempted to DC.

Didn't BHVR write in their post about the matchmaking tests under the category "learning" that they want to work on a team-based score so that points for survivors should no longer be calculated individually but based on team performance?

I think that would be a step in the right direction. That wouldn't make tunneling and camping any less popular for the killers, but it would be less frustrating for the survivor who's tunneled out early when the rest of the team is still doing a good job and the tunneling victim still ends up catching on through overall team performance receives acceptable points.

I can imagine that this step would mitigate a lot of the anger and there would also be less DCs

• Kaitsja

Boons will never and should never be limited. If they were, they would need to be a lot more powerful which I'm sure nobody wants.

Tunneling because you're mad about boons won't change anything. You'll still be mad about boons at the end of the match, and survivors will still be upset about being tunneled.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited April 2022

Tunneling has existed since forever

Plus there are times where it is the only option or is the most optimal decision to make

Game be like that

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,146

Both of them are elimination games as well. You can die in a single player against a boss character.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

The healing reduction of COH was needed, but that is a bandaid on a large knife wound. The game fundamentally in need of a shakeup on both sides as games can still be finished far to fast which means killers are still going to play using the most optimal strategies. It is easier to manage three players than 4 and in a game where gameplay has stagnated so heavily both sides have optimized a lot of the fun bits out of the game. COH and Legion rework are tiny portions of a larger problem. Also people aren't just going to stop doing something instantaneously just because a patch came out. It takes time for people to adopt transition away from a behavior.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Killers are not campy-tunnelers. It's only because of CoH that camping and tunneling sprung into existence. Once CoH is nerfed, survivors will never see camping and tunneling again. Well, maybe after DH is nerfed also. After DH is nerfed and DS and BT are removed, then camping and tunneling will magically vanish. Sprint Burst and Adrenaline probably will need to be removed after DS and BT, then camping and tunneling will disappear. Once the only perk survivors can use is Corrective Action, then camping and tunneling will be removed. Well, maybe get rid of all of the survivor perks and make sure they don't have arms and legs, then camping and tunneling will be removed, the killers promise.

• Sylhiri
    Sylhiri Member Posts: 178

Players will min-max if they want to win. It's not necessarily a balance issue because it would never go away as an option, it's a design issue.

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768
    edited April 2022

All CoH does is make a bad situation worse, love tap "nerfs" aren't gonna fix anything. BOONS. SHOULDN'T. HAVE. BEEN. ADDED.

• Impalpable
    Impalpable Member Posts: 152

The point to make is not even dead hard in my opinion, i think most players enjoy chases even if they go a bit longer and when you fight against an individual who can keep up and counter you thats quite interesting but you dont have time for that and instead of boosting the interesting and skillful part of the game BHVR limits it.

The thing is that going for alot of chases is not a viable strategy vs players that are good and better because you can do gens so quickly. As long as 4 players are alive gen defence is a fight against windmills and not a viable strategy either. From the beginning of the game you are in a loosing position and have to keep a certain momentum to avoid getting stumped and create momentum to be able to get a single kill.

Whats left when neither to go for new chases after a hook nor gen defence are viable strategies vs the gen rush. Camping, tunneling sluggin which is honestly the last stronghold killers have. The most boring part of the game is left over right now and if BHVR would boost the survivors even more to overcome this the killers are done.

If you wanna push the game in a healthy direction, give the killers enough time to chase through fixing the broken objective time of the survivors. Once this is done you can punish the braindead tunneling and camping into the ground and noone would shed a single tear.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,614

Actually, if they get limited I'm fine for CoH to return to its previous or even original state, depending on the limit type.

And I'm not mad. I simply state: given they exist, I came to the conclusion I have one option. I'm certainly not the only one. Hence tunneling is to be expected for the foreseeable future.

However, given the amount of rage quit I've got in one night (I use to get one, two at most, per week), I suspect some players are mad about this.

• Kaitsja

If boons had limited use, COH would need to be way better than its original state. While I do see CoH as a problematic perk, making it a throwaway perk isn't the answer.

Boons in general should only be active for a set period of time. After which they deactivate and the survivor has to set it up again. Killers don't have to snuff then, and boons have to be used more strategically.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

I've been camped 3 games in a row. I also had three chases that constituted for the majority of the killers time that game. Got saved by a very good swap another time - and made sure to pre-drop and waste every second of that killers time that I could, just like is done to me when I camp.

So yes, not ruined in the slightest. Those are fulfilling games.

-Huh