Killer DC should has other punishment but not a penalties

Options

For the god please.

I am waiting here like nearly 20mins to find a killer to play with.

When you punish a killer by penalties you are punish four survivors in the same time.

Please!give them some other punishment instead of that penalties.

Comments

• Stroggz
    Stroggz Member Posts: 498
    Options

No, time penalty is fine.

• Hunkulese
    Hunkulese Member Posts: 391
    Options

What? Queue times are fine if you play during normal hours. Queue times are longer at night because you need four survivors and one killer for every match. There are far fewer people playing.

• Jay_K
    Jay_K Member Posts: 411
    Options

I believe the DC penalty should be removed for both survivor and killer and replaced with something a bit fairer.

Because there are many reasons a player would D/C its doesnt always mean it is a rage quit.

For example. as a killer if you get a hacker in your lobby then you have to either wait untill they get bored or d/c but then your punished for that despite a hacker basicly forcing the D/C

You could have internet issues - This is often a common reason for a D/C. I myself have had this issue were my internet suddenly goes down thru no fault of my own and i come back to a time out penalty. I know this was address by the devs in a post before but them simply say "ensure you have a stable connection" is a bit bull because even a stable connection from router to PC/Laptop/Console could still go down because of your IP.

Overly aggressive and bully squad survivors - I wouldnt class this as a "rage quit" as such because there are teams of survivors out there who don't play the game (i.e doing gens) but instead just spend the game spamming head on combos and flashlight combos with no intention of doing gens. As a killer the last thing i wanna do is be in a match like this as i see it as a way to basicly hold the game hostage untill they make a mistake.

And of course you have the rage quit disconnect that is the one that does deserve a punishment.

Unfortunately as there is no way to determind why a disconnect happens they have set a standard punishment across the board but a penalty time out shouldnt be it. Especially as the more you disconnect the higher the timeout is (when it could be issues not rage quit).

Maybe instead of punishing with timeouts punish with loss of BP or Irridecent shards or something along those lines.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,078
    Options

Maybe also mention region and the exact times you define as normal?

In eu peak times would be between 6pm and 1am and then there is a surplus on survivors and they have to wait atleast a few minutes in queue. Which means there are TOO MANY survivor for NOT ENOUGH killer.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,078
    Options

I have to admit that's one of the funniest takes on "no DC penalty please" that i have ever read.

But it does seem logical and from that point if view, if survivor queue times are longer than 5 minutes, it seems that the occasional killer ragequit with 5 minute penalty is really more punishing for survivor than the killer themselves XD

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    Options

Fun fact, there’s this super easy solution. It’s called… drumrolls please, “Don’t DC.”

• Smuk
    Smuk Member Posts: 735
    Options

90% of killers are facing timeout penalties.

It makes sense why so long queues

Mystery solved

• mustdogen
    mustdogen Member Posts: 355
    Options

Fun fact, there's a super easy solution.

It's called.....drumrolls please,"read the word".

I am survivor.

• fernandosilveirasc
    fernandosilveirasc Member Posts: 37
    Options

As I said on other topic, killers should not have penalty for d/c, most of the time killers d/c because they actually d/cd. Even in matches you are getting owned you still try to end with a 1k and its usually possible.

On the other hand, survivor d/c sould have penalty based on gen progress. the more gens, the more the penalty, as a survivor d/cing late game has little to no effect in some circunstances, while a survivor d/cing in the beggining, is basically impossible to come back from.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,367
    Options

Everyone should ‘suffer’ from dc penalties.

Have you seen how bad it gets without ‘em?

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

So play some matches as killer. Redress the balance. Be the change you want to see.

• HexDaddyissues
    HexDaddyissues Member Posts: 328
    Options

why though?

just so you're not waiting as long?

lame reason, try again.

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500
    Options

The game has such a broken spaghetti code that it can die on itself for no particular reason, there are still multiple thousand of hacker accounts many of which can just crash your game by pressing a button and giving you a big fat penalty at the end, the last thing we need now is the time penalty for killer DCs. Yeah, I'm sure some people would just not put up with getting bullied for ten whole minutes and DC out of frustration, but maybe people playing survivors would realize that their dolls they want to see dance to their tune have agency of their own and develop a sense of minimal decency. It would, ironically enough, lead to a healthier game.