Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Unable to use Toolbox

Ladyinadress18
Ladyinadress18 Member Posts: 243

Platform: PS4

While playing as Laurie Strode equipped with the yellow Uncommon Item Toolbox with add-ons Scraps and Clean Rag on the map Silent Hill’s Midwich Elementary School (against the Legion), I was unable to use my toolbox to repair any generators or sabotage any hooks. I was only given the button prompt for R1 to do regular repairs for generators. I had not used any of my charges during the match before realizing I was having this issue.

This was the first time I encountered this issue.

4 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Zombiex3
    Zombiex3 Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2022

I can’t use toolboxes on yamaoka either. Yellow or green. I could still sabo hooks though, just didn’t get the prompt for gens. I was using nea. Idk if that matters. I’m also on Xbox so the use item bind is r2. My Nea also can’t use flashlights.

• Ladyinadress18

I just played an additional match and was again, unable to use the toolbox to repair a generator. This was once again on the PS4. I was playing as Laurie Strode against the Huntress. I had the Yellow Uncommon Item Tool Box equipped with the 2 add-ons Scraps and Instructions. This match took place on Autohaven Wreckers Gas Heaven. I took a photo of me not being given the prompt to use the toolbox at the beginning of the match. I was only given the R1 prompt to do a regular repair. Unlike the first match related to my report, I was given the ability to sabotage a hook this time.

• DemiBarrett
    DemiBarrett Member Posts: 1

I’ve not been able to use any toolbox to repair a gen on any of the maps but it will still give you the prompt to sabo hooks since the update.

• Ladyinadress18

Hello for a 3rd time. Me again. I just played my 3rd match in a row. This time, I brought the Engineer’s Toolbox with the two add-ons Scraps and Instructions. I was playing as Laurie Strode against The Cannibal on Springwood - Badham Preschool IV. I was once again unable to repair a generator using my toolbox. I was only given the prompt to do a regular R1 repair. Unfortunately I did not get to test this match if I was able to sabotage a hook since the killer brought Franklin’s Demise, causing me to lose my toolbox. This is the 3rd match this has happened consecutively in.

• Ladyinadress18

Me for a 4th time. I brought the Worn-Out Tools Toolbox with no add ons this time and WAS given the prompt to repair the generator using the toolbox. I was still playing as Laurie strode. Played against Freddy on the map Grave of Glendale - Dead Dawg Saloon. Still on the PS4

• Ladyinadress18

Ok last one and then I think I’ve posted enough on my report…? I brought the Worn-Out Tools Toolbox with the add on Scraps and Wire Spool. When approaching my first generator. I was not provided the prompt to be able to repair the generator with the toolbox again, only a regular R1 repair. This time we were on Silent Hill’s Midwich Elementary school map. This is the 4th time I have brought a toolbox and not been able to repair. The one time I have played and been able to repair with the toolbox since the update was when I put no add ons onto my Worn out Tools Toolbox

• DarkMite2
    DarkMite2 Member Posts: 10

I am having this same issue as of May 14

No prompt to use Worn Out Tools for any generator on Eyrie of Crows map. Sabotage action available.

Played as Quentin Smith. No add-ons or offerings

Perks - Borrowed Time, Kindred, Decisive Strike - all lvl 3 and Dead Hard - lvl 1

• Nathandrack
    Nathandrack Member Posts: 13

can't use toolbox at all in ps4

• Youko
    Youko Member Posts: 187

Just an FYI, if you set down your toolbox and pick it up again, you should be able to use it. This bug has been going on for a couple weeks and I'm not sure why this hasn't been more broadly addressed, but this is at least a soft fix for now.

• Ladyinadress18

Yes my post is from weeks ago if you look. There have been many similar I acknowledged reports in the meantime. Same with the flashlights. They even put out an update last week and still won’t acknowledge anyone reporting toolboxes or flashlights being bugged/not working correctly.

• Youko
    Youko Member Posts: 187

I probably saw that post as well, lol. Trying to comment and acknowledge as much as I can to try help make sure this isn't forgotten (and in case others didn't see the work around). I want to say I'm really shocked that a core mechanic being bugged like this isn't being prioritized more, but it looks like we're seeing the start of another avalanche in terms of bugs. I'm having PTSD flashbacks to when Nemesis was release. I'm on console and am super worried that when the anniversary drops, the game is going to become unplayable again.

• Ladyinadress18

Agreed, I’m getting very frustrated that I’m aware I was the first to report the toolboxes, as well as many others to follow me… but no acknowledgement. It’s been weeks. Even an update came out. No acknowledgement on flashlights either. The only things they seem to acknowledge is broken totem placements and hit boxes on maps? And character cosmetics and sound effects issues. I don’t get it.