Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Feel like I'm at a huge disadvantage playing killer on PS4

Hi everyone, I have been playing dbd on PS4 for a while now and specifically playing killer. I have started to seriously suspect that I am at a big disadvantage compared to PC gamers for a couple of reasons.

First is the slower fps. I am really struggling to get survivors when they fishtail and spin, I almost feel blind when trying to hit them. I don't necessarily think it is an experience thing. I have seen killer on PC and the camera movements look so smooth compared to the clunky movements on PS4. I seriously struggle to track wih my eyes because of this. Second is the controller itself. I constantly have to use my right thumb to control the camera turning and it is really difficult to maintain control and consistency using it. PC gamers get to use their whole right hand to control the camera movements with the mouse thus have way more control than thumbs. Also my thumb often slips off the joystick at a crucial moment when I am about to down someone and it is incredibly frustrating.

I used to think that it was a sort if myth when people would say stick to PC for high level gaming but this game has me now knowing I was wrong.

I also think playing on console is making my playing extremely inconsistent as I'll play great one game and absolutely god awful the next few. The movements in dbd, especially playing as killer in fpv are extremely nuanced and intricate.

Should I just give up playing killer on console and stick to survivor? I like to try and play my best at games and I don't want to play a game where I am at a big disadvantage.

Answers

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Playing killer on controller and on console is hard. You are at a disadvantage due to things you're not really able to do anything about as controllers just have harder time with camera fast camera control and console just seems to have wild performance issues. You just sort of have to stick it out to you get the hand of it or switch to pc.