The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Hatch Gives Undeserved Escapes. What Game Mechanic Gives Undeserved Kills?

It is quite simple . . . 🧐

Killers, seemingly disagree with hatch. Being a baked in-game mechanic which allows a survivor to escape when the killer would have gotten the 4k (ex) at 5 gens otherwise. Minus some very niche circumstances 😑

What 'in-game mechanic' gives a killer the ability to get that 1k when the survivors have dominated the killer. Over committing to chases, only 1 hook, trash killer get good. Exit gates are opened, tea bags are brewing...

🤣👉️ Killer you suck! 😁

~ahhhhhhhhhhhhh~ 'hatch sound' 🤷‍♂️

Then you, the survivor that did no wrong, ran the killer like crazy. Threw some pallets down while taking your bags out of the killers tea. Made some mad lad plays. You DESERVE to win/escape.

Now you are dead because the killer walked around and got lucky 🤬 🤬 🤬 How happy would you be?

I mean the killer doesn't even have items or perks to find the hatch outside of the offerings that affectively aid both killer and survivor.

killer version of hatch when? ? ? ?

Comments

• _AdamFrancis_
    _AdamFrancis_ Member Posts: 698
  • bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

How is the hatch spawning for the 4th survivor if you know exactly where they are while slugging the 3rd survivor? Are they looping you for 4 minutes? If that's the case then don't they fall under your description of "Then you, the survivor that did no wrong, ran the killer like crazy. Threw some pallets down while taking your bags out of the killers tea. Made some mad lad plays. You DESERVE to win/escape."?

• iamhnf
    iamhnf Member Posts: 77

So what you are saying if a killer played well the whole game and if the survivor played stealth the whole game, it's the killers mistake? It's not that hard to hide while the 3rd survivor is bleeding out nor isit hard to stealth the 4 minutes in EGC. Without EGC, the killers are at the mercy of that last survivor/s just because killers did well.

I have played a game before where 2 SWFs hold the game hostage just because they '3 gen themselves'. The other 2 survivor died because I can't find anyone else despite running BBQ (they played stealth the whole game & hides in locker before BBQ activates). I am very sure they hid in locker from BBQ just because the 4 generators popped are on the other side of the map while I was chasing the other survivor and when I was there, these 2 are nowhere to be seen. No foot tracks no nothing, just generator's progress. When they know they can't do the generators without on dying, they decide to hide in lockers.

As I search for 10 mins (was watching tv show) in every single locker in the Rotten Field, I can't find them and the 3 gen progress were 0%. The first place I searched for are basement and level 2 because typical survivors feel safe in those place. Only after 20 mins, did I manage to find them BOTH hiding in level 2 lockers. It's only safe to assume they were changing hiding spots in the building itself. So was it my mistake that I can't find them?

• iamhnf
    edited April 2022

Hatch is the unique thing that DBD provides. To me I feel I rather not have it changed be it giving killer new mechanic or to remove the hatch mechanic, it's the unique thing about DBD. I rather not have killer have any new end game mechanic or it will make the game more unbalanced than the game already is. It will just provide more reasons for people to complain about the game.

Not being biased in any way but I do feel the game is more survivor sided.

• bm33

So then you, the killer, have control over the hatch appearing and denying that 4th survivor the escape because unless you make a mistake that 4th survivor, in your words, will die in the 4 minutes it would take the 3rd survivor to bleed out.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,467

EGC

• Stroggz
    Stroggz Member Posts: 498
    edited April 2022

My problem with hatch is that it can spawn right near the player. It should not happen. Both sides should be looking for it. I mean it is not an unfair scenario, but it happens sometimes that it is just stupid.

• KnotEnthusiast
    KnotEnthusiast Member Posts: 464

I would say that killers do have this in Bloodlust and facecamping. A killer with zero brain and no strategy can get one kill by just holding W and ignoring every structure until they're mach 3, then just camp for a kill. It's hyper inefficient, but it is a kill.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

Clicking the ready button.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

The killer version of the hatch is face camping

• bm33

If you're chasing the 4th survivor when the 3rd bleeds out you have equal chance of closing the hatch and starting EGC. Biggest mistake I've seen killers make when it comes to hatch in a chase is choosing to hit the survivor instead of going for closing the hatch.

There are plenty of killers that wait for someone to bleedout to secure 4k, I've been left on ground with crows when they down other survivor across the map because they don't want to risk hatch escape. They wait until either I bleedout to pick up the other survivor or for me to have just enough time to bleedout as the sacrifice animation is playing so I will be dead by the time hatch opens. 😂

So weird that killers are constantly wasting 4 minutes slugging for 4k to prevent hatch escapes and missing out on sacrifice BP by letting survivors bleedout if it's as unsuccessful as you are claiming in your arguments. 😂

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,320

Matchmaking. At least once a day I'm guaranteed to get a random on my team who wants to suicide at the beginning of the match on their first hook. Then, if they do get saved before they can suicide, they'll just run straight to the killer and offer themselves.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

You could simply hook the 3rd to die and save 3 people's time, its still RNG for the 4th one to escape. From hatch spawn to Gates spawn, the 4th survivor have to pass two lucky RNG in order to escape.

Killer deserve 4k because they did well? Whats about a survivor loops for 5 Gens then dies to Noed & Camping, they didnt do well?

You threw in all the most Rare possible RHG happens that favor Survivor.

1) You hook 3rd to death, and hatch doesnt spawn next to the other.

2) You down both, hook either one of them, and hatch doesnt spawn next to the other.

I can do that too. Except my case happens like 99%, unlike yours.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

Why does it matter? Escaping through the hatch doesn't affect MMR for the killer or survivor, it's purely for bloodpoints and that's it. According to the game it's not a win or loss if somebody escapes through the hatch.

The purpose of the hatch is to also speed along the endgame. If there was no hatch the last survivor could just sit in a corner forever and waste the killer's time for an hour if they wanted. It just gives both parties an objective to do.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

Did anyone mention yet afk pig

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

First off....Which clown have you been in contact with that says Hatches are undeserved?

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

Hatch isn't a reward. It's a loss that comes with 5000 points. That's it.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

Ok so you're pointing out that a survivor can get 5000 extra bloodpoints that doesn't affect MMR and costs no perks or items... Alright then, thanks for the info.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

Well, of course noed. But also killers can facecamp at egc. What can survs do to ensure 1 escape?

• NerfedFreddy
    NerfedFreddy Member Posts: 394

Camping, Bloodlust, Slugging for 4k - there are a lot of crutches and hand-holding mechanics that give killer free undeserved kills

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Hatch mechanics were nerfed to the ground and now it's very situational. The last survivor should have a chance to escape. Besides, there's many ways to prevent hatch escapes.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Survivors have to equip a perk, so the hatch spawns?

Every day i learn new things...

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Simple solution: Start the EGC once there is only 1 survivor left. This would also solve the slugging for the 4k issue.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Damm just made any of ur opinions or thought invalid.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

The same way when hatch has been closed it's almost impossible to open a gate on certain maps because they spawn so close together, a good example of this would be midwich.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,281

Killer version of hatch is baked in. Some other survivor screws up and gets killed early, you get the rest of the kills almost for free. If there's two survivors left and a three-gen, you are getting at least one of those two kills no matter how good the survivors are.

Survivor gameplay isn't nearly as controlled as killer gameplay, which is why they get the 'free escape'.

• iamhnf
    edited April 2022

I love post from these entitled survivor mains always complaining about NOED. I never understood why and still cant understand why despite being a survivor main myself.

NOED is an inactive perk, 3 perks throughout the whole game?

EGC is in no way a killer mechanic, its just meant to end the game so that idiots will just leave.

This is why I suggested no point putting in killer mechanic, a lot of people already defending against it before any mechanic was even implemented. Imagine what people will say if the developers actually did it. 😂 We have not even discussed how developers are already thinking about adding borrowed time as a base kit for survivors, I wonder what kind of hell is going to be unleashed if that actually happens

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Facecamping and Bloodlust are the Killer equivalent of hatch.

Yes, I know you have to get a down to be able to facecamp so it takes more work than finding hatch... but no, because you have to be the last one standing to even be able to attempt hatch escape and you have to find it first.

• Sally_S_gay_son
    Sally_S_gay_son Member Posts: 285

are you serious lol

I would rather just have 4th survivor escape then looking for them for 20 minutes, imagine not having hatch and having to find someone on rpd?

• EntityNea
    EntityNea Member Posts: 186

I think hatch sucks ass the way it works currently. But don't say killers have nothing similar.

Tombstone Myers get free kills without hooking, by spending some extra time stalking. Still feels cheap for the survivors, you get insta killed while healthy and without even being hooked a single time.

Imo, hatch would work better if it REQUIRED a key to use. On top of it, make the survivors have to spend time opening them like with exit gates. Green keys open them super slow, pink keys open them faster, purple keys somewhere in-between. But also, revert to sawning the hatch based on amount of generators done compared to amount of survivors left alive. Imo, the spawning system was good. But the way the hatch escape mechanic itself worked was pretty garbage.

• Notionless
    Notionless Member Posts: 243

the hatch exists so that, after a 3k, the last survivor doesnt just say f u and hides in a corner for several minutes. The killer doesnt need that, by design the killer always ALWAYS has interaction.

• ArchAbhor
    ArchAbhor Member Posts: 847
    edited April 2022

Ive already suggested that an end game chase mechanic be implemented to replace the hatch. However many gens done replaces so many pallets and the killer see the aura of the survivor from far away. If the survivor can evade the killer for a certain amount of time the escape. If not mori. Way more engaging and way more like the style of the players of this game. Because the best part of the game is the chase right?

• Mechanix82
    Mechanix82 Member Posts: 185
  • dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

Yes, because you don’t see killers crying in this forum

• Mechanix82
    Mechanix82 Member Posts: 185

I don't understand why people are so obsessed witht the 4 k . I would say minus the last survivor being a toxic ass all game. I give the hatch or the gate 100% of the time. Good gestures are a much needed action in this game!

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 651

How about ... No

Noed as a base kit is just going to frustrate survivors even more than they are with the base perk, because it means not only no way around it, but a huge ease for the killer, who will just have to wait for the end

I rather think that about the trapdoor, it should only appear if three survivors have already been sacrificed to the entity and the fourth is still running

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited April 2022

Because you have to 4k to basically win.

I have 3k 10 hook games with no pip. Killers go for the 4k so we can pip, thats how the game decides a win. Shaming killers who want to pip in a game that revolves around pipping seems silly

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662
    edited April 2022

Exactly this. If you weren't around in the days where you would 3k at 5 gens and the last survivor would crawl around the map for half an hour with urban evasion, you should feel very grateful for the EGC system that we have today. I used to feel very vulnerable not using Whispers back then in case survivors decided to troll me. The hatch spawning allows the game to end, which is a very good thing.

• Cleverotter
    Cleverotter Member Posts: 128

I mean, it does give the final girl trope a home in dbd

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

You know, even before the Hatch changes, I've never understood this argument. In all the time that I've played Killer and Survivor (I'll admit to playing more Survivor, but I've served my time as Killer.), I don't think I've ever truly cared about a Survivor getting Hatch unless it was someone who I know didn't do anything all game or was my last BBQ stack. Truly, I've always thought this whole thing of not seeing a 3k into Hatch as a win is kinda dumb.

But hey, for your other points, I'll bite.

-> The thing you just described for how Killers getting a 'Free Kill' because they got lucky is... already what can happen in the game. Bad RNG is a thing on both sides, and if you get unlucky as Survivor and get downed, even after making some good plays, and you get hit with something like a facecamping Bubba, that can be just a GG go next for you. (Same goes for if you get Tunneled/Camped in a deadzone, even against an M1 Killer if you don't have perks like BT or DS to back you up, or if you have an uncoordinated team- which happens a lot in Solo Queue.) I'd even make the argument that I think this feels worse than someone getting hatch, because of my next point.

-> Killers have a way around the hatch plays in the current day. If you're deadset on getting a 4k at 5 gens, literally the only thing stopping you once you get the ball rolling is your ability to slug and maybe Unbreakable. Got two Survivors left at 5 gens? Slug one, find the other. Down them, hook them, use BBQ to find the guy you left on the ground. If they get picked up, repeat the slug until you get your 4k. Unless your slug gets super lucky, chances are, they won't be getting hatch. It's a built-in game mechanic to help you secure a 4k if you're willing to sit through it.

-> Final point, is Killers don't... really need to know where Hatch is because of the above statement. To add to it, I think it's... odd to complain about Survivor items/perks that help find hatch? I mean, maybe it's just me, but I'd much rather see someone with a Rainbow Map gunning for Hatch or a Left Behind user than someone running the wombo combo of DS+UB+DH+COH/BT with an insane toolbox or medkit. If anything, hatch items and perks are worse than ever now, because of how they changed spawns.

Idk, this post just kinda feels trolly to me. But figured I'd respond to it anyway in case this is just an honestly questionable take.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

I wouldn’t have a problem with that, but I don’t think it would entirely eliminate 4k slugging unless the doors are so close together that the killer knows the last survivor has no chance of getting them open.

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 820

The hatch works both ways. Yes it can be a free escape, but at the same time if you close the hatch and the gates are not very far apart (which is very common) then the killer is pretty much gifted a free kill.

It doesn't matter if the survivor continues to outplay you, they are 100% going to die by the entity at the end of the countdown.