Why would The Observer be a killer?

Options
MrHashtagYT
MrHashtagYT Member Posts: 87

He hates the entity like the survivors doesn't he?

Comments

• TheMimic77
    TheMimic77 Member Posts: 24
    Options

The entity is known to torture its killers into submission or make deals they can't deny and the observer was locked a long time in his tower with his own thoughts and developed some dark thoughts if you read his lore.. Maybe the entity has an offer for him he can't deny like blight

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

The scenario I’m picturing is he subconsciously manifests an evil version of himself like a creature from the id. And so you end up having him potentially as both a survivor and a killer fighting each other.

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378
    Options

It's possible, in the recent lore cinematics it seems like the Observer is losing control.

• Lastchild
    Lastchild Member Posts: 333
    Options

What makes you think the Watcher might be a killer ?

• MrHashtagYT
    Options

The Watcher?

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,666
    Options

People think the entity would force him into servitude, like it did to The Trapper.

What I'm wondering is if he would be a killer or a survivor. Forced servitude would definitely be a punishment I could see the Entity doing, as a way to humiliate him maybe. But I don't know if that's more likely than him being eternally hunted down and sacrificed over and over again. I feel like whichever one The Entity sees as a greater punishment is more likely, but I'm not sure which that would be.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,990
    Options

You mean like the trapper? Who was a survivor, The Entity Tortured him until he submitted

• MrHashtagYT
    Options

He was a survivor? Where is people getting this info on lore i want to find out

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

Unless it's in some tome I think it's just fan-fiction people are trying to pass off as lore. It happens to a lot of games.

• Impailer
    Impailer Member Posts: 97
    Options

I always got the vibe that the Observer was neutral in the realm. That he is just there to watch. You know? Like a voyeur, a pervert, a peeping-tom. 😅

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,155
    Options

I'm pretty sure Blight is the more logical comparison. Not only has he been both a Survivor and a Killer - he's canonically one of the few characters who managed to escape the entity if I'm not mistaken [?].

• vanGlasse1
    vanGlasse1 Member Posts: 291
    Options

I think he and Vigo did, but the way it is mentioned in the lore is that Vigo managed to roam through the Void and come back using the same serum as Blight.