Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

disconnecting from the game since new patch

Salinero
Salinero Member Posts: 19
edited April 2022 in Bug Reporting

I have been getting disconnected from my survivor games ever since the new patch hit. Is anyone else having the same issue

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Konsicrafter
    Konsicrafter Member Posts: 9

The same thing has been happening to me (xbox). Penalties up to 30 minutes until now.

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684

Yeah I noticed the same, a lot of people crashing

• BearTrapSnap
    BearTrapSnap Member Posts: 86
    edited April 2022

I'm having this issue. A lot. It was starting to happen before the most recent patch, and it seemed almost like a hack someone was using while I was killer. Now I'm getting it as survivor, and it's starting to rack up 30 minute penalties.

I'm someone who literally never DCs, I'll deal with any crap this game throws my way, but this is driving me away from the game right now.

I've troubleshooted everything I could think of. I'm on a wired connection, there's no interruption to Steam or my ISP, and I'm usually kicked right back to the DBD survivor/killer screen just fine. Currently just reinstalling the entire game to see if that helps.

• Salinero
    Salinero Member Posts: 19

Having it be once every few games is one thing, but having a dc every single game I tried to play is pretty insane. First I thought it might've been my graphics drivers so I updated those. Then restarted and tried another match. Another DC. Then I tried verifying files. Another DC. Then I just tried another 2 games to see if I could actually play any form of a match. It never failed to DC me in any of the 4 matches I played --> 15 minute timeout. After that I just gave up seeing as I can't play anyway. Better use my time on other stuff than a broken game.

• BastardKing
    BastardKing Member Posts: 784
    edited April 2022

Survivor and killer for me. Like BearTrap, I thought I was getting hacked, because on killer, twice times aligned with hooking someone, once when I downed someone, and I remember there was a thing where Wake Up used to crash the killer's game, so I figure it was possible somehow, but it also happened on survivor once.

I used to get one DC a month, if that, but I am up to 4 in 10 days.

Also similar to BearTrap, I have a wired connection with no disruption in service from Steam or ISP.

• BearTrapSnap
    BearTrapSnap Member Posts: 86
    edited April 2022

It's still happening.

I played successfully last night, with few issues after the full reinstall. Today I get blatant hackers picking themselves up off the ground immediately, and then DC'd for an hour. You're probably on to something with that Wake Up bug. I remember that too. I think I'll just take a break from the game for a good while, I can't deal with this.