Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Boon: Circle Of Healing Pretty Much Died In Terms Of Usage (NVM)

2»

Comments

• TTV_Tempest63_
    TTV_Tempest63_ Member Posts: 12

Nah thats bs still after the many ds nerfs is ds one of the most used perks in the game so not only you dont have any clue but also you say ds is dead which like i said its not true because in every match u have at least 1-2 people with ds

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

And you clearly don't get sarcasm or know the people you are quoting.

• RequiemLestat
    RequiemLestat Member Posts: 33

CoH being nerfed again means it's pretty much useless without the Shadow Step that comes with it. And no one wants to use 2 perk slots just for one boom location on the map. I've seen it less and less since the debuff. Almost none now that Legion has been OP'd.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Legion is far from OP, they're still D-C tier Killers

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,896

I still see it regularly.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

This only works if the boon is set dead center in the map where everyone can get to it without walking. However, if the boon is set on one side of the map so the killer doesn't kick it immediately, then you have to take into account travel times. The average time to get to the totem AoE has to be taking into account.

I love that no one every takes into account the amount of time it takes to walk to a boon.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer

I've yet to see anyone account the time it takes to snuff a well placed CoH too, especially how much Gen time is wasted looking for it

• Sumnox
    Sumnox Member Posts: 605

Well, it's basically a useless perk now. Just bring Self Care.

• Munqaxus
    edited May 2022

But really, if a Killer is actively looking for totems every time a survivor puts one up, then that killer is losing the game on purpose. When I play killer, I only snuff the totem when I walk past it, which is like 2 seconds at the most. Most times I just leave it up. I've never had a game as killer, where I was like, damn that CoH screwed me.

I think killers who focus on CoH too much is just screwing themselves. In fact, when I play survivor, and I have a killer that constantly comes after a totem, I will literally sit there in that spot and keep relighting it, so the killer wastes time with it instead of doing chases.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer

Then you aren't going against good Survivors that use CoH effectively.

If they're looping you next to CoH, then yeah, no wonder you "never have a problem with CoH"

• Munqaxus

So, either the survivors are placing the CoH boon in the middle of the map and the killer will be able to walk beside it and destroy it within 2 seconds or the survivors are placing the boon in an area where gens have been completed, so they have to walk to it, which effectively makes healing times longer than self-care.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer

I wouldn't say longer, probably around the same speed, if not faster still. It's all around still more efficient than Self-Care by a mile

• Munqaxus

I'm going to use a guestimate of 4 seconds average time to get to a boon totems AoE. I think there's a rather low number and it probably takes more time on average, but just for arguments sake, lets do 4 seconds.

Think about it though, if the boon is off in the corner to prevent the killer from getting to it, which is the best place to put it, and it takes around 4 seconds (which is a crazy short time) to run straight to it through the middle of the map. That's 4 extra seconds you have to add to the 22, but... If the totem is in a corner around completed gens, you also have to walk to a gen, so that's another 4 extra seconds. That's 30 seconds to do a heal. Then you have the 14 seconds to setup a boon, so the 1st heal is 44 seconds, which is way worse than self care.

Even if the boon was as good as Self-Care, it's still Self-Care healing speeds, which every says is bad and why everyone calls Self-Care, Selfish-Care.

Most people, when injured, will not run straight through the center of the map, but will run around the outside of a map.

Now if you are saying the perk is perk-efficient, then yes. It can save 3 perk slots, if the team is an SWF and communicates this. Even with that, it still heals at Self-Care speeds for 2 heals (not calculating travel time), which is bad. With travel-times, it's worse.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

It’s difficult to play against good survs. Escape rate is less than 50% and every killer main here escapes almost 100% of times, so there’s should be only 10-15 good surv main out there

• randonly
    randonly Member Posts: 456

That analogy with DS is very wrong.

Perks with totally different purposes, and even if DS would nerfed more 20x, while it's unique perk with the only theme of avoiding being tunneled (and slugged), it will always end up being used, especially in SoloQ.

CoH, on the other hand, has several perks with the same theme, much better, efficient and robust, especially in SoloQ (it's not just about 2s more self-heal, but the cost benefit for the person who brought the perk to spend blessing and still healing herself/himself in firist use and pray for the killer doesn't snuff the totem. It's a perk turned situational for SoloQ and another strong and powerful tool for SWF like so many others).

• iamhnf
    iamhnf Member Posts: 77

I like to abuse CoH regardless of the healing speed. CoH are often overlooked by killers because objecives/chases are usually more important, and being ignored will provide value of where tons of individual healings can happen with just one boon. If you want to bring Boon without familiarizing the boon locations, its on you if you need to spend time searching for it. On most occasions, you do generators if you cant find boon anywhere near your spawn area or middle of the map. Even bringing small game actually helps a lot to save time even if you have to sacrificing one perk, because CoH is that broken. The times that a killer ever find the boon almost instantly is rare if placed correctly.

On average it takes 1 minute to heal up altogether, but with that extra health state the chase can be 1 min too... (Find survivor for 10s, 15s just to land the first hit because survivors always run away before killer reaches, and another good 30s with exhaustion & 1 loop (could be more just do your math) just to land a second hook and carry survivor to hook for 10s. It's roughly the same timing, so no one should ever complain healing takes too long.

One thing that people tend to forget about how strong CoH is... the normal scenario is 1 guy being chased, 1 guy healing, 1 guy on hook, 1 guy saving the hooked guy, takes 15s to go to hook another 15s to go back to generator, there is still 30s progress on generators. There is progress on generators which makes the killer more pressured during chases.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,841

At least with Freddy you don't have to hold m1 every time he hits you with his power. The music is legitimately the only decent thing from the legion update.

• PleassBuiltInNoed
    PleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618

Because it is no longer stronger than most of broken/extremely strong survivor meta perks...

So the meta perks are taking over yet again, nothing new.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Havent played on a while but since when does travel time only count for COH? It's been complaint about for selfcare for forever?

"Going to a safe location" has been part of the healing process since ancient times lol.

CoH just shows you where that is.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Same I played 30 games over the weekend and every game but 1 someone brought CoH. It's still a viable perk, it's still gives +50% to healing speed. That's not bad to be honest, what makes it broken is the inability to break totems and how useless snuffing them is.

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575

Not really, no.