Do you consider finishing a gen in a killers face "toxic"?

IlliterateGenocide
IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016
edited May 2022 in General Discussions

I Just got toxic for finishing a gen IN front of a artist face.

I Knew she had pop because I saw it before.

She still won.

I asked "Why BM" and that was her response "Did a gen in my face"

Do you guys consider this toxic?

Edit: The Bm was letting me bleed out on ground while constantly shaking head and slashing the air

Comments

• theblimp
    theblimp Member Posts: 158

No it's not toxic.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

Why would that be toxic?

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,953

I think you misunderstood them, I think they are referring to the reason they had to 'BM', not that its actually deserved morally.

Bad manners don't exist in Dead by Daylight during a game, except a refusal to play the game.

Tunneling/Camping etc while unpleasant, is not bad manners, its a part of the game.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,710
    edited May 2022

Not at all.

As killer I might get frustrated that I wasn’t able to stop it or didn’t get to use Pop, but by no means is it toxic or bming.

• iamhnf
    iamhnf Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2022

I don't understand it either, survivors do it all the time in front of my face, I find it fine because it's their objective. But my friend find it toxic cos there is no respect. He streams it on discord and I watch it at times.

My friend is pretty much a whiner who whines at every survivor loops they do, gen getting rushed, hex getting found, flashlight save, pretty much any killer mains are complaining (I do agree with some of their points though). I distinctly remember a few games where survivor complete gen right in front of his face and he said " Wow no respect huh" Another one where he was carrying a survivor to a hook, another survivor was doing the gen behind him, "Wow no respect" YES he said same thing again. He often grunts while playing the game just like the killer grunt when he get stunned 🤣 Guess thats what happens to people when toxic/cocky survivors get to you.

It's just player's mentality or grudge when they get ######### happens previously and tend to bring it to the next game. I'm not just saying killer, there are survivors too.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

It's not toxic, but it also isn't fair imo

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Of course not. It is a surv doing their objective, I do it sometimes too if it needs to be done.

Do I maybe not spare said person throughout the rest of the match, the answer is yes. But that is not toxic as well.

• IlliterateGenocide

Is finishing a gen so they cant get pop off really a cause for bm

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,148

Same I considered it cocky too but I would do it too.

• IlliterateGenocide

Well seeing how my teammates got grabbed off gens a total of 4 times that game (no undetectable perks) it was her win either way.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,953

Well, if they think you dangerous for their chances to win, maybe. Ask them not me-

• Somna
    Somna Member Posts: 130

It depends. For example, if the gen was 99% and you weren't actively working on it when she showed up, then tapped it to complete it once she did, that's pretty toxic. But if you were working on it the entire time and then she showed up right as it finished...not your fault.

• Shaped

Bm'ing is toxic. Insulting someone in chat etc. is toxic.

I don't see how finishing nearly finished gen before killer can pop it is toxic.

• Exelero
    Exelero Member Posts: 22

nah its not

• Somna

Uh, and what do you think BM stands for? Taunting falls under that you know.

Why would you stand next to a 99% gen and wait for the killer to show up before finishing it in their face? Archive challenges for finishing are terror radius, not Killer being on top of the gen. Killer shows up, then you tap the gen to finish it?

Intent matters, and when you make it clear with your actions that you COULD have gotten it done earlier and chose not to, yes that's toxic to people who actually have a sense of ethics.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Running early is toxic. Staying on the gen is toxic. Not cooperating with your opponent to ensure your defeat is toxic too.

Welcome to DbD.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

Nah. The only thing I consider "toxic" is post-game chat harassment and platform specific harassment.

• Shaped

Bm is flashlight clicking, teabagging etc. if the intent is to insult someone.

If the person finished a gen and tbagged, tbagg would be considered bm not the act of finishing the gen. You don't know why would someone finish a gen that they left at 99%. It really isn't toxic, stop calling everything toxic.

• Somna

Yeah, so I wouldn't consider your situation being toxic.

Thank you for showing you have no intention of understanding what I am saying.

OP gets what I am saying and that's what matters.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

There are several reasons I can think of for someone doing this. Mouse/Controller dying. Making sure the killer commits to coming to that gen to waste their time. They could be streaming with challenges from their chat.

They could be doing it to annoy the killer. With no proof though you shouldn't just assume they're being toxic.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,620
    edited May 2022

It is certainly annoying. You are basically telling you don't fear the killer though, so he may put that to the test.

edit: as it seems people use toxic for virtually anything: annoying isn't toxic in my book.

Post edited by drsoontm on
  • eaebree
    eaebree Member Posts: 288

When you are mad kid everything is toxic xd

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

Nah. Its just ballsy af. And also stems from the fact if your full health and going against an m1 killer that isnt spirit nurse or blight, youre in no real danger until youre injuried.

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

This is going to sound rude. Im not trying to be rude.

But so what? Doesnt matter. You did your obj. That isnt toxic. You could of ran off instead you committed and got the gen done. And she raged at you for it.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

No that's not toxic I have that happen to me all the time and it's never toxic. You're doing your objective and you committed to a gen when it was super close to being done even with danger being close by.

• Shaped

I understand perfectly what you meant, the only difference is that I disagree with your definition of toxic.

• Somna

So? I could suddenly have a stuck CTRL key that forces it to trigger multiple times when I press it because I wanted to crouch. Or maybe I'm a streamer and I have a challenge to Tbag the killer every time someone spends a particular amount of points. I'd still be Tbagging. You're going away from in-game reasons on why it would be happening into external reasons on why something could have happened. If you want to extend into that, anything is excusable.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 714

I think it’s similar to tunnelling; in that you’re completing the objective in the most efficient way, but is ‘disrespectful’ to the opposing player.

Neither are toxic but are frustrating to be on the receiving end of; and neither tunnelling or gen ‘tunnelling’ have much incentive to not do gameplay wise.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,168

Is camping someone to death to secure a kill toxic?

...Wait, don't answer that...

No but for real, it's not toxic inherently. It can actually be a smart play if you know what you're doing (Killer has pop, you force them to come all the way to your gen and then you finish it - wasting their time)

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563

No way is that toxic. Some people are such snowflakes seems anything that irks them in the slightest is considered toxic.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,957
    edited May 2022

no, i often do it out of desperation to increase the team's chance of survival, not to go "geegee ez baby green killur, me do gen in ur face"

some people get frustrated when things don't go in their favor and then start taking everything as some sort of intended action to frustrate them, i had a legion smack me on hook twice, because i unhooked a survivor during EGC but meanwhile i was more concerned about pulling my weight because i spent a decent chunck of the match being deadweight.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

nope it's not if the gen is almost complete when you are approaching me I'm committing to it

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

I see that as cocky or overconfident if they go down before they can pop the gen otherwise I just play as normal.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

Ppl consider everything toxic these days. I was called out to be toxic cuz I used bamboozle on Legion or I zoned a survivor into a zombie as Nemesis.

But ye no I dont see it as toxic at all, I personally love to use blast mine and pop a 99% after a killer has been stunned, best feeling in the world.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I remember a year or two ago people were really adamant this is toxic. Personally I never could see why people thought it was toxic.

It's just a smart strategy. Similar to camping someone on 2nd stage, it isn't toxic.

• IWantCandys
    IWantCandys Member Posts: 168

No. Often when I see it, I even have to laugh and think "Ok, you little rat, you now earned an extra sweet chase". :D

I'm not upset about it. Of course they won't let me kick the gen in peace with pop and lose 25% progress on a nearly finished gen.

When the gen is almost done, it's a risky but worthwhile gamble if it works.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Its doing the objective surely? I experience it a lot and its annoying, but if a gen is like 97%, why wouldn't you finish it ....

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727

Absolutely not. I usually get a free hit from this kind of behaviour, so I'm certainly not complaining.

I just take it as a sign that they must be very committed to completing thier objective (usually to the point of getting hooked soon after). I respect that dedication and continue with the match as normal.

But if you teabag/clicky-click after doing a gen in my face? That respect for you has vanished, I'm afraid.

Other than that, it's fine. 👍