Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Deadlock blocks instant regressions

Deadeye
Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

• Platform: Steam

• Description of the issue: Gens blocked with

• Steps to reproduce (if possible): Do a gen to 1-14% progress, then finish another gen. The 14% gen will get blocked. Then down a survivor and hook him on the scourge hook before the Deadlock timer runs out. The blocked gen should explode and go down to 0% but there will be no notification and the gen also keeps its progress

• How often does this occur: Always

To compare, we tested with Jolt and Repressed Alliance as well, a gen blocked by Repressed Alliance will get the regression from a Jolt trigger and after the blocked time it will continue regressing. So I think it is a bug with Deadlock. I know that the continuing regression after a kick or by Ruin will stop on blocked gens, but the chunks from Jolt or Scourge Hook should work.

-> a gen blocked by Deadlock does not get targeted by a Scourge hook: Pain Resonance. Tested in a custom game (there was no other gen with progress, just one more gen after one got finished that had progress. There was no notification of the explosion and the gen did not lose 15% progress. Also saw that happen in a live game, where there was a blocked gen by Deadlock (so it should have had some progress) but the scourge hook did not trigger an explosion notification

1 votes

Not a bug · Last Updated

Comments

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,755
    edited May 2022

What you described isn’t a bug, however there is a related interaction which is bugged. Blocked generators aren’t supposed to regress by any means.

With Surge, if the generator is blocked then it will be put in the regressing state and begin regressing when it unblocks, but the instant 8% regression won’t apply. This is normal.

With Pain Resonance, it will target the next-highest unblocked generator instead, if there is one. This is normal.

Unless they fixed it though (I tested all of these interactions last patch) it actually is bugged with Eruption where the blocked gen CAN lose progress instantly.

• Deadeye

There is definitely a lot of inconsistency then. If the gen is blocked with Pain Resonance, then it should be able to be targeted and start the regression, as Jolt starts the regression and you also get the explosion notification on Jolt. If Jolt can target blocked gens, why cant Pain Resonance?

And I'm pretty sure that the 8% are applied because there was one of these 4 moveable parts on the gen that stopped moving

• Jirobeko
    Jirobeko Member Posts: 67

In my understanding, "Generators that are blocked by the Entity cannot lose progress" as @sizzlingmario4 says.

The exception seems to be for Jolt and Eruption.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

Certain perks seem to be the exception, but they are not meant to be the norm.

• Deadeye
    edited May 2022

Alright, then it comes down to inconsistency as I said before. Nice one, so you need to test every perk to check if it works or not? The combo Deadlock + Pain Resonance is pretty much shooting yourself, if you got fooled by Jolt.

• Jirobeko
    Jirobeko Member Posts: 67

I agree with you that there is inconsistency and it should be solved to avoid confusion.

Anyway, thank you for clarifying the characteristics of those perks though the tests.