Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Patch 5.7.0 Mouse turning gets stuck on screen border

Coolz
Coolz Member Posts: 12

Step 1: Start the game

Step 2: Play as any side, can be survivor, killer, it doesn't matter.

Step 3: Either press escape, or change your mouse's DPI

Step 4: turn your mouse in any direction, either to the left or to the right, until the cursor hits the edge of the screen. (You can check this by pressing ESC)

Step 5: Notice that when the cursor hits the screen edge, further attempts to turn the camera in that direction will slow to a crawl, no matter how high your sensitivity is, until you drag it back in the opposite direction, in-game or after pressing ESC.

ADDITONAL INFORMATION:

If it matters, I am using a wireless mouse in this example. I've checked it's connection and batteries, whatnot. verified the game, uninstalled reinstalled. Doesn't happen in any other game, and only since this patch.

I did not play the PTB so I am unsure whether or not the issue started there.

When initially when the match starts, the sensitivity is unnaturally high, though it does not get stuck on the screen edge at that time. If you change DPI or try to open the escape menu after that point the issue will start.

I tried playing some matches with the high sensitivity without opening ESC or changing DPI, but eventually the mouse started to get stuck on the border again. I'm not sure what triggered it then, however.

Q/E turning continues to work.

To clarify, yes this has happened in every one of my matches since updating the game.

If further evidence is required, I can provide recordings of the issue in-game.

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated