Discussion about Legion's update

Options
Hoodied
Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994

So I wanted to bring up their add-ons (You can probably guess a combo that I am going to mention in here)

But lets begin

Legion's new downing ability

Legion can down in frenzy now!.....sometimes.....only under certain circumstances

I like the idea of Feral Frenzy being able to down someone on the 5th slash, but from what I noticed, I never really reached the 5th slash in my games as the survivors were too far away and I got jebaited by the mixtape add-ons (Susie's mixtape increases the Killer Instinct range by 20 meters, giving me a 60 meter killer instinct) but when I played without it...I am pretty sure I never got a situation where all survivors were within stabbing distance to get this to activate so I usually just played like I was playing normal legion (but hey atleast the new fatigue cooldown feels good)

And if you kill one survivor this part of your power will almost never happen (unless you use a certain add-on combo, which I will bring up next) so it kinda feels like it was only added to help legion get atleast 1 kill

Legion's add-ons

Mural Sketch and Never Sleep Pills is a little ridiculous, thats me trying to not make it seem as bad as it is because we don't want negativity

But this add-on combo when I used it for 1 game reminded me of launch Legion...cause I made 2 people disconnect, but the fact that I managed to get into the 4th stab state as often as I did that game was ridiculous, I honestly stopped questioning why people were dead harding to make me not down them in frenzy

According to the wiki, Legion at base can only frenzy for 10 seconds, Never Sleep Pills increases this by 10 but at the price of losing .6 m/s (So you move at basic killer movement speed if you don't stab anyone, but you have a 20 second frenzy), in theory you are doubling how long you are frenzying, at 4 stabs without Mural Sketch you move at 5.4 m/s, which is .2 m/s faster than original m/s, but with Mural Sketch, this gets absurd. it increases it to .3 m/s per stab, at a max of 1.2 m/s, making you move at 5.8, which would originally be the 3rd stab in frenzy, but the problem with this is that you are moving at 5.8 m/s for 20 seconds, so if the survivors don't dodge your frenzy they'll go down as you will most definitely always catch up to them, which is what I did in the game I played with it, I always caught up to them but couldn't down them due to Dead Hard as I didn't try to predict dead hard. This combo is way too strong for it to be two uncommon add-ons, however the other problem is that without this combo you really can't activate this secondary ability as often and it sorta just makes the only real buff to Legion be the m/s boost for frenzying, all the other add-ons are fun to use which I am happy about, its just look into ONLY never sleep pills (Make it to where you can infinitely stack the m/s bonus but you can't down survivors with frenzy pls I wanna break the sound barrier hehe), Mural Sketch is fine, its just NSP causing problems

These are the only things I really wanted to complain about, keep it civil in the comments and lastly

I am both kidding and not kidding about the infinitely stacking m/s

Comments

• SeannyD115
    SeannyD115 Member Posts: 583
    Options

As soon as you see one survivor hit by FF hold w. If all survivors do this even with that addon combo you will never get enough FF hits to down.

Against Legion smart survivors know to split up and not heal.

All the new "broken add-on combos" on legion have easy counters.

• Ula
    Ula Member Posts: 276
    edited May 2022
    Options

I completely agree.

Last week I was able to land the 5 chain hit very very frequently, now on most maps, survivors split up, gets in structures.

People learn (at least at mid-high level if we assume mmr is doing something) and I can see this addon combo becoming horrible against certain survivors on some maps (especially huge maps, or maps with strong main building). If the survivors never lets you get that 4th hit, you're just wasting time trying to get it, and the never-sleep pill is just hindering your ability to injure survivors.

I know otz think both never-sleep pills and mural sketch are legion's 2nd and 3rd best addons, but I think he overestimates these addons.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,979
    Options

I don't agree that this addon combo is a problem. Like sure you can get more reliably get the 5th stab but also you are likely spending 10-20 seconds getting each stab in and then a single stun knocks you out and breaks the chain. Or the survivor dead hards.

You are going all or nothing on the 5th stab and unless you happen to be on a small map it's very possible for survivors to spread out enough that you can't chain past 2 hits.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

The thing is yes it is strong but Shoulnd a killer be strong? No one liked that legions power coulnd down people now it can but that doesn't make legion better because you still need all 4 people at one place and if one surv is out you really only get your down if the first guy starts mending instantly and even then it is hard without this addon combo because you are most likely one stab away from this guy now. I think it's fine how it is its a "power" it should be threatening and now people fear legion again. In the past they could toy with them and as soon as the hype is gone less people will play legion and no one will complain so I hope bhvr doesn't butcher them before that happens

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854
    Options

Most of the time its not even worth it. If people are so spread out that you're taking almost 20 seconds per hit then you've wasted your time and you'd have been better off just cancelling FF and downing someone.

• Jasonisanicefella
    Jasonisanicefella Member Posts: 377
    Options

yes this combo needs to be addressed and I am sure the devs will eventually adjust the overbuffs soon. No one wants something as boring as the old legion back.

They just need to change their power