Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Nurse - best RN or needs a PHD?

Valik
Valik Member Posts: 1,274

Nurse fans, fear not - i do not believe the nurse needs to be nerfed or changed!

She's balanced on the tip of a particularly sharp pencil at the moment - we don't want to make her broken or too strong for her own good.

However, if the developers chose to take her in a different direction, for whatever reason...

... If Nurse had to change, what direction would you want the Devs to take with her?

Nurse - best RN or needs a PHD? 19 votes

Tweak her numbers. Range, Fatigue, Cooldown. Make her more satisfying for average players and a bit less as strong for masters.
42%
brokedownpalacerandonlyBennett_They1ThemSumnoxBabzPlsfix369Hitarimagicmooman 8 votes
Make her MORE demanding. She should feel better while becoming HIGHER risk, HIGHER Reward!
0%
Start super weak, maybe even without blink, and grow in power as the game progresses into a blinking powerhouse that cannot be stopped!
0%
Super strong early game, perhaps even 3 blinks. But she fades quickly - so she must make the most with her strong start.
0%
Just change her animations and transitions to make her much faster and snappier. Same killer, just feels a bit better.
15%
F60_31musstang62bjorksnas 3 votes
The nurse is perfect the way that she is and I'd rather she never change! No 'new direction' for any reason!
42%
RaptorrotasAwkward_FiendkaskaderSuzuKRTurtleSushiTVThatOneDemoPlayerGarlicRiceChiky 8 votes

Comments

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    edited May 2022
    The nurse is perfect the way that she is and I'd rather she never change! No 'new direction' for any reason!

There’s nothing wrong with having more difficult and high skill ceiling characters, the same way there’s nothing wrong with characters for beginners. She’s also in a spot of perfect design and balance with the exception of three blinks/distance add-ons. Animation changes might be fine, but I also don’t trust it to not mess stuff up.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

I feel she shouldnt be touched. Visual makeovers may happen bit nerfing her addons?

Whats the compensation for getting rid of her good addons? More meme ######### ones?

Be careful what you wish for, too many nerfs and we can replace her fatigue with just a small slowdown like billy.

• Plsfix369
    Plsfix369 Member Posts: 566
    Tweak her numbers. Range, Fatigue, Cooldown. Make her more satisfying for average players and a bit less as strong for masters.

When you're playing Nurse you can snowball anytime and its f*cking ridiculous, you don't know how much 4k i get whenever I camp/tunnel someone and everyone just loses their sheet and start homing in like drones to defend that one person, Yeah, sure, free 4ks, I'll take it.

• Valik

I don't remember anyone suggesting that her addons get nerfed.

If you're referring to SuzuKR, he isn't wrong in stating that her range addons are, without contest, her strongest and most highly favorable addons. But I don't believe he was asking for any true nerfs - just observing that it slightly upset her zen.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Well, I probably misread or interpreted your poll wrong, apologies. But with the current forum threads, most mentioned changes to nurse are nerfs, and the 2 range addons are simply the most complained about. I just read the nurse addon list on the wiki and agree on the general assessment that her range addons are her best, if not only because most of her others are bad.

That said, im not really into playing nurse since her fatigue is annoying and my PC cant handle the game anymore. I'm also heavily killer biased so take my opinion with a bucket of salt.

• Valik

All good, my friend!

I love hearing what members of the community think. I'm glad that there's no misunderstanding :)

Always remember: your opinion matters!

• randonly
    randonly Member Posts: 456

Aside from my personal opinion about it, if at least the devs start fixing the fast blinks coming from the glitched range addons (2 months now), that's something.

The most bizarre thing was to see people doing circus on threads, giving all kinds of arguments and excuses to legitimize the permanence of the addons in the glitched way they are, saying in short that they "don't change anything" for her.

If they didn't really change anything at all on her or for survivors winrate, then there wouldn't be a huge amount of comments complaining about them, after all, if they really doesn't change anything for the defenders, the question is: why bother? Can we fix the glitch in the ranged addons then?