Do you agree with this deathslinger quality of life change?

Options
Leonardo1ita
Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,205
edited May 2022 in Polls

When Deathslinger shoots from his gun, AFTER AIMING, as you can see on the wiki, he has a 0,5 seconds delay before he can shoot.

So, this means that once you're aiming down sights, from the moment you click m1 0,5 seconds pass before the harpoon launhces.

This is horrible, that means that even at pulled down pallets you struggle hitting survivors not only because aiming takes 0,4 seconds, but because with the delay of the shots they can avoid you, or at distance cut a corner before the harpoon even reaches.

All this combined, and Deathslinger is pretty much horrible to play in indoor maps, at distance half of your shots miss because they can even react to your shots or dodge them, and it seems every playstyle: going for chases, or hit and run with mangled/add-ons is pretty bad because your shots don't connect even if you're goot at aiming, and there is no lag.

So, what do you think, should Deathslinger have that delay drastically reduced to make him better and not a pain in the ass to play?

Do you agree with this deathslinger quality of life change? 44 votes

Yes, reduce his 0,5 seconds delay!
68%
GibberishSeiko300F60_31Leonardo1itaBullettimegodMattie_MayhemOGHellraisingPredatorGlamourousLeviathantenoresaxFFirebranddAwkward_Fiendadirgeforthedeadgetuy45u4iuDatFastBoiDoritoHeadQwQwThr_ustSoupletAlionisPSP 30 votes
Undecided.
11%
blue4zionTatariuGuiltiiPlsfix369BothSidesEnjoyer 5 votes
No, keep the 0,5 seconds delay!
20%
White_OwlGinGobm33RattiusIlliterateGenocidedarkcloudlinkjesterkindSmoeBredSlayer 9 votes

Comments

• Leonardo1ita
    Options

Please for the love of gosh give Deathslinger a quality of life update, he feels HORRIBLE to play compared to Huntress, and he's so slow at everything!

In my opinion the delay should get removed, or reduced to 0,1 seconds.

Also, to make him even better, reduce the cooldown after missing a shot and increase his default reloading speed.

• Rattius
    Rattius Member Posts: 34
    Options

The delay gives some counter play to the Deathslinger, I'm pretty sure that's why they changed it in the first place.

• Leonardo1ita
    Options

You did not read the thread, I am not referring to the ADS time

• Plsfix369
    Plsfix369 Member Posts: 566
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Undecided.

Increase base speed. Reduce the horrible slowdown and cooldown whenever he misses a shot or reloads. Also remove the stun mechanic for when the survivors escape from the chain without getting hit. It's just punishing for the killer who actually does everything right but gets blocked by a tree in the middle of nowhere, not to mention his slow speed which fails to catch up to any survivor in a middle of a deadzone.

TLDR: Increase the speed to 4.6, reduce the cooldown and slowdown, remove the stun for failing to hit the target while on chain, and survivors should be downed if shot twice, even if you didn't hit them with an m1.

It's just crazy how punishing this killer is for how much effort and skill you put into it. Unlike the trapper, I get away with just M1 and smart trap placement, but this killer takes twice the time and effort to get a down only to be punished for being ineffective in every scenario instead of just rewarding actual skilled play.

• Rattius
    Options

I'm not referring to the ads time either?

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205
    edited May 2022
    Options

There is lot of possible changes to improve him.

I think they did his nerf in terrible way that is bad for both sides. Survivors don't see it only because noone plays Deathslinger.

Quickscope wasn't an issue, that was what made him interesting anyway and you were forced to predict more. Right now you can just react, which is boring for me.

Issue was faking ADS and they didn't fix that. He is forced to fake his shots instead, because anyone can react to them now.

I don't know if they changed it or not, but his lower sensitivity and FOV makes his ADS terrible to use. I fixed that with my mouse that I increased my DPI whenever I went to ADS, but that is not something most players can do.

He is not worst killer by any means, but he is definetly worst ranged killer right now. He is like twins, you can perform well but it hurts you.

Noone can convince me that his shots are something you should be able to react to, he is lot of limitations compare to other ranged killers with little to no benefits. Only things going for him are STBFL and mending, but mending is not that good for him because he is 110% killer.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,225
    Options

The delay and the ADS were aspects that were changed for a reason, and I'm extremely hesitant to support those being changed back lest we end up with the exact same problem we had before.

Deathslinger does need some love to feel nicer to play (plus, y'know, his strength hasn't really changed, and that's a problem since he was already weak), but that love should come in other forms than just undoing necessary (if potentially clumsy) changes. Maybe that area could be tweaked further to preserve fixing the old problem while helping him feel better to play, but I'd honestly sooner look towards things like his camera while ADSed, his unnecessary terror radius, and maybe his reeling mechanic or projectile size.

• Rattius
    Options

You clearly did not read the thread, He's not talking about ads time ;p

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited May 2022
    Options

with the delay of the shots they can avoid you [...]

they can even react to your shots or dodge them

That's the whole point of the delay, to give survivors a small window of time to react. You can just play around it and be more predicting rather than reacting with your shots.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

Call a spade a spade. This is a buff to undo the nerf they gave him, not a QoL. Which makes it a moot question, because they're never gonna do that.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,225
    Options

I know. The delay and the ADS time were changed for the same reason, hence me mentioning them both at the same time.

• Leonardo1ita
    Options