The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

HUGE lag spikes (up to 5 seconds long) : completely breaks the game.

I've been experiencing game breaking bugs regarding extreme lag spikes whenever I try to play it.

Sometimes I walk in the open and then my screen just freezes for a good 3-4 seconds. According to survivors, my character just keeps running forward in a straight line when this happens. During those lag spikes, whatever happens is not registered on my end, causing some CRITICAL bugs :

• Change in health states are not reported; a survivor lying on the ground will still look as though they are on the ground in the HUD if they got healed up, and will also display as crawling on my game despite running at walking speed, vaulting pallets and everything.
  • This also happens with hook states. If a character gets unhooked while I am experiencing a lag spike, my game doesn't register the unhook happened. The survivor is let go but I get no notification and the HUD still acts as if they are on the hook.
  • If a pallet is slammed on my face during a lag spike, I am completely stuck in an idle position. The game resumes as normal but I cannot do anything besides pressing Escape.

The lag spikes themselves make it extremely difficult to play the game properly, but the bugs they engender completely break the games. It's impossible to play in those conditions.

PLATFORM : PC, W10

HOW TO REPRODUCE : poor connection or computer, I can't tell which one it is. I have a hunch it has to do with packet loss but I'm not 100% sure.

HOW OFTEN DOES THIS OCCUR : Usually it does every match to some degree, but it used to only get stuck for a couple seconds, and the aforementioned bugs didn't appear.

15 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments