We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

What is the deal with the survivors losing their memories after each match

Options
FalloutRapture
FalloutRapture Member Posts: 6

I was just wondering as it doesn't make sense since you would constantly think that you just know meeting people around the campfire, and it also brings up a question of how survivors teach each other skills, or how they know what to do in a match can somebody please explain this to me.

Comments

• A_Can_Of_Air
    A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 1,991
    edited May 2022
    Options
    1. I don't think the Survivors at the campfire really interact much or acknowledge each other. They've all been plucked from their own worlds and thrown into a terrifying, unknown situation. For the ones that do interact, we don't know how far these interactions would go before the Entity interrupts them or throws them into another trial, only to forget what just happened and only be focusing on escaping. The Entity might even selectively let them remember some things and forget others for it's convenience.
    2. Teachable perks are purely a gameplay things I'd like to think. As stated in my first point, I don't think the Entity would let Survivors interact far enough to be able to learn too much from each other. It's possible, and maybe The Entity lets them learn some things from other Survivors but not too much. Ultimately The Entity is in full control and what Survivors trapped in it's realm can and can't do is up to it.
  • Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,523
    Options

The answer is simple, Selective Memory Loss.

• TheMimic77
    TheMimic77 Member Posts: 24
    Options

The entity wipes the memories of the survivors post trial bc it would be too traumatizing for some.. Imagine you escaped some angry demon who just smashed your fellow survs with a kanabo and you just got out.. It's stated that some could become insane if it's too much for them to handle I think thats why

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

I just like to pretend that this never was a thing, it contradicts a lot of old lore so it's easier to pretend it doesn't exist.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    edited May 2022
    Options

The entries in Benedict Baker's journal outright states that they do remember things. Pretty sure the survivors minds are only wiped if they die. Then again Benedict says he knows that he's died few times. I'm not sure if they've changed the lore since then but having all survivors minds wiped every trial seems stupid to me.