We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Rubberbanding is back

Options
legacycolt
legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684

It happens quite often that you get stuck in place while running.

Very important fix in my opinion.

116 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• GuineaPig113
    GuineaPig113 Member Posts: 3
    Options

yup, this here. survivor doesnt even need to deadhard when rubberbanding exists

• SchmittyKat
    SchmittyKat Member Posts: 24
    Options

I had this happen to me is killer, but the Nia I messaged admitted to cheating and making me lag. I still killed her and her buddy

• kaneyboy
    kaneyboy Member Posts: 260
    Options

yes its awful- im getting crazy hits from space XD its kinda unplayable tbh

• theTARNavsky
    theTARNavsky Member Posts: 151
    Options

Happens on PlayStation 5 as well, ever since the 5.7 update. Both survivor and killer.

From what I've seen online on people's streams, it basically happens to everyone at all times... I'm baffled it hasn't been fixed yet.

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941
    Options

Fix ASAP, Please!

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,259
    Options

Yes.

• Tatt3dWon
    Tatt3dWon Member Posts: 514
    Options

The hit detection and lags are crazy in the game right now they really need to acknowledge this is happening.

• cannonballB
    cannonballB Member Posts: 387
    Options

Every game I will at least have 1 rubber band issue. I've come to expect it.

• Tatt3dWon
    Options

Still not addressed wow. BUMP!

• zapsclaps
    zapsclaps Member Posts: 4
    Options

Happens to me every match without fail as killer and survivor, multiple times a match.

• Tatt3dWon
    edited May 2022
    Options

Same here and its not my pc or internet im on fiber 1g up and down and my pc specs

MB - Tomahawk b550

RAM - 32 gigs ram

CPU - Ryzen 9 9500x

GPU - Evga RTX 3060

if its rubber banding for me and people blame the rig or internet than this game just isn't playable anymore for the common gamer.

• Mitsui
    Mitsui Member Posts: 74
    Options

I also have this problem and I play on servers in South America, I hope they fix this error as soon as possible since it is quite annoying, it happens several times in match and it affects the gameplay from what you see

• legacycolt
    Options

Hi just a reminder to acknowledge this!

• Tatt3dWon
    Options

Its been over a week guess they dont care smh.

• Tatt3dWon
    Options

bump to remind the devs

• Ayesha
    Ayesha Member Posts: 38
    Options

Up!

This is really broken, this might also be the reason for recent animation stuck issues!

• etms51
    etms51 Member Posts: 603
    Options

yes i'm agree, and the staff don't change the status of this kind of issue.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 8,965
    Options

Seems to happen more the longer the match goes on.

• Tatt3dWon
    Options

Bump they acknowledged it in the ptb patch notes but its still happening on the ptb lol

• the_ghost_man
    the_ghost_man Member Posts: 17
    Options

I noticed this alot with GF at least

• Tatt3dWon
    Options

in the ptb still wanna acknowledge yet?

• Floofzy_Kitten
    Floofzy_Kitten Member Posts: 67
    Options

I also would like to add, that if you are doing any kind of action during a rubber band there is a chance you can get stuck in it permanently or be locked out of it for the rest of the match. If you have a charge and hold power as a killer, and you rubber band, you can literally be locked out of your power for the rest of the match. I've even been stunned, kicked gens and broken down walls and my power still did not come back.

• JukadoJensen
    JukadoJensen Member Posts: 8
    Options

Still happening, would be great if the devs would at least acknowledge the issue!

• bloodmoneylove
    bloodmoneylove Member Posts: 12
    Options

Yeah it happens to me everytime I play killer with good wifi I'll chase a survivor and when a Gen pops it lags so hard I lose the survivor same as when they unhook or vault it lags really hard and when I go back to check my wifi my nat type is open with 40 ping

• legacycolt
    Options

That sounds more like a hardware issue. What platform are you on? Rubberbanding doesn’t mean the game is freezing or lagging, it means you literally rubberband back and forth in place while moving your character.

The rubberbanding happens on every platform though.

• Kotentopf
    Kotentopf Member Posts: 274
    Options

Why is this still not fixxed? Even in PTB is was present.

I get rubberbanded about once every 40 seconds, chases are super hard as killer and survivor. My ping is always in the 20ms range and no my internet is not 100% in use.

• bloodmoneylove
    bloodmoneylove Member Posts: 12
    Options

It's not a hardware issue plus I'm on xbox one it's been doing this for 3 years

• legacycolt
    Options

Well this thread is concentrating on the current rubberbanding that got introduced with the last mid chapter.

I would recommend opening your own thread and see if there’s more people with the same problem on Xbox one. It’s probably either your old hardware or your internet.

• RealRuin
    RealRuin Member Posts: 15
    Options

Come back from a 7 month hiatus from the game in anticipation of the new killer coming out. Lose multiple chases because I rubberband around corners. I got really disoriented when it happened to me the first time as I was moonwalking around a corner. Come on here to find out it's a widespread issue. Not a good look.

• lilredyeetinghood
    lilredyeetinghood Member Posts: 3
    Options

It's not your PC, it's the game... 100%

• ifeelthelags
    ifeelthelags Member Posts: 61
    Options

I get caught on pallets or while jumping from 50feet away crap

• Metronix
    Metronix Member Posts: 226
    Options
  • beoriseyo
    beoriseyo Member Posts: 44
    Options

The most disorienting ones for me are when it happens when fast vaulting a pallet. Last night I got a big rubberband moment while sliding across one and it was the exact moment of the slide so it played the sound effect 5 times within a couple milliseconds. I had to pause for a moment because it was so unexpected lol

• Tatt3dWon
    Options

Have died to so many bad killers because of this I'm pretty sure this wont be fixed anytime soon.

• Tatt3dWon
    Options

DAMN ANOTHER PATCH AND STILL NO SOLUTION ALL THEY DID WAS WORK ON THE KILLER PROBLEMS WHILE THIS IS AN OVER ALL STATE OF THE GAME PROBLEM WE NEED TO STOP PLAYING TO SHOW THEM WERE SERIOUS!!!!

• Fantasy
    Fantasy Member Posts: 450
    Options

It never left?

• legacycolt
    Options

I love how this is still on ‘pending’ even though 99 people have voted up. Like #########, imagine being so ignorant…

• Tatt3dWon
    Options

Bump this just to remined them how messed up the game is cause of this.

• Knots
    Knots Member Posts: 49
    Options

Embarrassing that this has been an active bug for months even after 6.0.0 dropped. Needs to be fixed.

• Tsukah
    Tsukah Member Posts: 390
    Options

This is still happening on both PC and console, it's getting ridiculous at this point.