Killers should have 6 perks

2»

Comments

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

Legion with 6 perks. That's a fun time.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,962

I personally think it would be interesting if they did a week or 2 beta test of a fifth perk slot

• _AdamFrancis_
    _AdamFrancis_ Member Posts: 698

Yeah because a Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer/Pop/Corrupt/Noed Nurse Would Be Very Fun!

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

I would be okay with more Perk slots if they had category requirements.

Like give each perk a keyword.

And you'd get like one Generator Perk, one Aura Perk, one Chase Perk, one Hex Perk, etc.

• DY86
    DY86 Member Posts: 570

No lmaoooooo U just wrote that without thinking of the implications am i right? Haha

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

Absolutely not.

Survivor perks should be more situational and killer perks should be more general.

If all killer perks were good, then having 4 solid perks would allow most (if not all) killers to stand a very good chance against a team of survivors who are trying to play around 16 highly situational perks that the killer must manage.

• HauntedKnight
    HauntedKnight Member Posts: 388

I think a fifth perk slot would be interesting, but I think the way some people are categorising the perks is why it would be problematic (aside from being potentially OP). For example if you limit hex perks, how could you use undying? Also would ruin be in the hex perk category or a Gen slowdown category? There’s really no comparison between a perk like Ruin and a perk like Haunted Ground as well so limiting to one seems silly.

But on the other hand if you had more perk slots as a killer I do think the potential stacking of gen slowdown perks is too much. Even if you’re quite bad at chase at some point the game will go on long enough that you catch people in dead zones and you’ve broken every pallet on the map so there’s no counter play at all. At that point it’s a war of attrition and not skill.

Personally I’d stick with four perk slots and just buff other areas of killer gameplay slightly. Improve the add ons, improve a lot of the perks. General QOL things like make kicking gens worthwhile without Pop etc. The idea I think has most chance of ever happening is a mini Corrupt becoming base kit, but I think the devs actually think game speeds are fine so even that seems quite unlikely.

My dream buff is that the cool-down for successful attacks could be buffed to the equivalent of 2/3 STBFL tokens but I know that’ll never happen lol.

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707

This could work if you also established a value system for perks. Say you have a max 12 point to use on perks in 6 slots total.

The perks are categorized in 3 pools of 1, 2 and 3 points depending on how strong they are.

This way you can still go with 4 strong meta perks = 12 points,

Or you can run 6 less strong perks but get room for synergies and builds

Or a mix of your choice.

Right now, bringing 6 perks would be broken because you could bring 6 meta perks which would be impossible to counter for us solos :(

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,703

I feel like this is a bad idea, but I'll admit in the past I thought it could be fun if killers could give up an addon slot to gain a 5th perk slot, or give up a perk slot to gain a 3rd addon slot.