Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Go ahead, make BT basekit.

As we all know in the last dev stream it was pretty much confirmed by the devs (Patrick) that BT could be made basekit. And i swear if that happens, dbd will have to come up with BOT killers, cuz nobody will play the role anymore. After the COH and MMR abominations whatever little killer mains you have left to entertain your survivors, will leave too. The game already has no horror element to it and you're gonna make it so survivors can unhook at the killers face everytime? When the gens fly too fast (despite gen defense perks) the killer just wants to secure a kill and you're gonna take that away from them too? A survivor being toxic all game can't be camped and will get away if BT is made basekit. You guys will punish camping by making BT basekit, how about punishing bad plays and rewarding killer mind games by removing dead hard for survivors? But again, go ahead and make BT basekit, see what happens, it'll be the last nail in the coffin for this game.

Comments

• JonahsTablet
    JonahsTablet Member Posts: 762

I really struggle to see how this could make things worse as a killer main, I mean sure the survivors could bring another 4 extremely strong perks and steam roll me even harder, but eventually my MMR will put me against babies again.

• catkillsmouse
    catkillsmouse Member Posts: 244

Really should only be allowed 1 2nd chance perk then work on something with the camping cause no one seems to like it happen to them.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
  • Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

LOLed at killers compensated. You know who the devs are, right?

• FrostyEyesSusie
    FrostyEyesSusie Member Posts: 421

Then why do survivors whine about tunnelling/camping? They will get steam rolled and then MMR will put them against baby killers again.

But that's not really how it happens, is it?

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

If BT ever became base kit, I could see killers just slugging all game or just completely uninstalling. Killer gameplay is already horrendous, so adding base kit BT on top of that would be a very bad move.

• Sumnox
    Sumnox Member Posts: 605

The game is doomed and has been for a few years now. They have proven time and again they dont know their own game and they dont care, either. BT basekit, I agree with because it would help solo queue, but it is by far not enough.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    edited May 2022

the only way this could harm u is if u just like to hard tunnel on people, other than that it cant harm at all EXCEPT for egc time where bt can be the diff between getting out or not if the hook is nearby, other than that is just as dangerous as a ds on egc if the survivor is near to doors... they can tweak some things, we dont know exactly what they will do yet however i can assure u if most killers werent on a tunneling rampage this wouldnt have happened.

however how is this a problem? BT is already good enough to be one of the most picked perks in the game, and most decent killers play around BT all the time, is like playing around DS u have to respect it everytime, so for good killers nothing has changed still, and definitelly wont change their gameplay due it.

• Devilishly_Rowdy
    Devilishly_Rowdy Member Posts: 440

Thanks for your advice on how to play killer properly, survivor main.

• Devilishly_Rowdy

Translation, don't you dare stop them from giving us a free 5th perk.

• _AdamFrancis_
    _AdamFrancis_ Member Posts: 698

It's not that big of a deal.

If you are not a camper or tunneling killer this won't matter.

So yes, do it.

• Devilishly_Rowdy

Yup, 15 hour survivor mains lol. That Boil Over buff they did which gave 25% wiggle progress, proved it.

• Devilishly_Rowdy

How do you feel about basekit Ruin to help slowdown gens?

• Devilishly_Rowdy

Nobody told you to give your opinion here but you did anyways right? I did the same thing.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

Are we gonna play with this way? Because this can go forever.

Nobody told you open this topic but you did? See? So i am stopping right here.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I don't care in the slightest if BT is basekit. The only reason BT matters is killers tunnel if they didn't the perk would do nothing. Don't tunnel and BT won't effect your day.

• Devilishly_Rowdy

And who started this by their meaningless comment anyways?

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

What was wrong with my comment? If you are not happy in DbD why you are keep playing? Leave game if you are not happy, simple. Like i did, i was not happy. I am playing different games now.

And nobody said BT will be base-kit. There is some clues only but we are not sure about anything.

• MrHashtagYT
    MrHashtagYT Member Posts: 88

Mikaela this is a forum of Discussions and different topics that you know, Devilish was likely posting this to get that message out there so people of BHVR can change DBD and listen to the community, Your message was "Go and play different game then? Nobody told you play DbD" You were being provocative, people who play games who aren't happy can make a statement like this and improve their experience.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

BT to basekit is fine. Only compensation for killers is make BT survivors lose collision to allow the killer to avoid them.

I agree with the poster on the first page. Camping and tunneling is an issue in this game. A killer should be encouraged to chase survivors through the game mechanics. The current version often encourages lack of or no action.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,610

Oh, that one ☺️. How many unhooked survivors have run at me, blocking, waiting for their hit, only to see me patiently wait a few seconds and down them. Usually I take the DS and show them the error of their ways.

They usually don't enjoy it one bit though.

• Devilishly_Rowdy

No i meant making Ruin basekit without it being a hex (but i get your point). Btw the campers and tunnelers will go down in numbers if that happens, cuz the killer will have more time to go for chases. Cuz right now if the killer spends more than a minute in a chase, there goes 1 gen, or even 2.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,610

Maybe, maybe not : I'm not sure how helpful it would be. Usually survivors are getting glued on the gens so as long as they are not disturbed, ruin will have no effect. It may push the "gens before friends" tactic even more.

Hex search time aside (which doesn't happen at high MMR IMHO), does ruin helps?

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 963

Honestly, I wouldn't mind... as long as they nerfed Dead Hard to the ground or reworked it completely. I don't think that will ever happen, tho.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,618

i know something better than bot killers... insidious bubba basement defender... this is what they want/ask after all... introducing bt was a bad move in the 1st place (and don't come here to say that's needed aganist campers cause for them kindred it's more than enough, without mentioning that i didn't see once bt being used for his original purpose since IN ALL my matches, both as killer and survivor when i unhook someone, people use BT offensively, bodyblocking and taking the hit reserved to the unhooker on purpose)

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

"Might be compensated"

This sweet, naive optimism. 😂

I hope you don't forget that neither side has ever really been compensated for a buff to the respective other side. (Without having to first start a storm of outrage in all media)

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,182

There has never once been "killer compensation" for survivor buffs. At best they revert blatantly broken things and otherwise just have a vague hand-wavy "we will buff killers later after we check the data".

See

• - enduring nerf
    • - instant heals
    • - instant bnp
    • - pallet vacccum
    • - Circle of healing
    • - Mettle of man
    • - Wake up bug vs legion infinite mend bug response from BHVR
    • - God Loops
    • - Infinites/pseudo-infinites
    • - Instant drop if stunned/blinded at any point in killer pickup animation
    • - disabled bloodlust test

On the killer side we have

• - old ruin
    • - Instant kill Moris
    • - old undying

Feel free to correct me/point out a time killers have been "compensated" for mass survivor buffs.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607
    edited May 2022

Seems a lot do that these days, what with the game losing players on steam every month and now being 10k players lower than it was at this time a year ago

I highly doubt things like this will help with those plummeting numbers.

• eaebree
    eaebree Member Posts: 288

Bad idea.

• Kanchanabry
    Kanchanabry Member Posts: 113

I'm okay with making BT basekit. Just make corrupt intervention basekit, too.

• RisingTron
    RisingTron Member Posts: 508

If not a basekit BT. There needs to be some kind of built-in anti-tunnel mechanic. Or some kind of punishment for camping or tunneling killers. I was thinking that if a killer is camping, hook regression slows down (or maybe even pauses, like a built-in Camaraderie, but for the killer instead of the survivor. Or maybe gen speeds slightly increase. SOMETHING to punish the killer.

”You want to sit here and camp this person to death? Bet.”

I understand that camping / tunneling can be a viable strategy. But I feel like the killers who do that consistently don't really understand how boring it feels from the survivor perspective. Especially if you're incredibly unlucky and the killer just straight up has their sights on you. You basically CAN'T play the game. There's nothing the survivors can do that can actually stop the killer from being able to play the game...they don't have that power. Can the survs loop tf out of the killer? Sure. But if a killer wants to, they can completely waste a survivor's time. So then the survivor has to think. "Well, do I just kms on hook and move on? Or try to give my team a chance to just get out?" In solo queue...most people just move on. It's so painful. I shouldn't have to run DS and pray my solo team has BT just to have the chance to play the game I waited 15 minutes in queue for...

• Hermit
    Hermit Member Posts: 388

I have absolutely no problem with basekit BT.

I only have a problem with the fifth perk slot.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

They also seem to be the first one to whine at me about how I'm being a toxic tunneling jerk 😂